Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I've already seen the SotN run and it sounds like I haven't missed much else and can go catch up on the stuff from yesterday so that's cool. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I like how Tittywitch is one enemy you fight twice but it's by far the most memorable thing about this game.

Also yay half. I'm poor or I would totally donate for the Sam filename.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I was honestly really surprised the Trials exhibition got accepted because I figured it'd go down basically exactly the way it's going down.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
To be fair though the second half of this is a ninja track exhibition and that should be quite a bit more interesting. They should honestly just skip straight to that.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
But yeah I mean they are doing ultra hard custom tracks after this, you just... kinda have to get through this first.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

actually no you don't you just do the actual speed run and not "look at what these nerd idiots made that you don't care about"

You're not wrong. I'm just trying to make the best of what we've got here.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
If you're going to watch the Trials VOD be sure to have this playing in the background on loop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgIuO71I818

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
It's pretty great seeing this game that took me weeks to get through just absolutely destroyed like this.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Elliotw2 posted:

This mission is loving BULLSHIT on the DS version because you also have to cut the doritos out instead of just being able to pull them out, and you have to do multiple patients with them.

Yeah I've only ever played the DS version. You can do it in one healing touch there too but it's extremely loving hard and I've only ever gotten it like once.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Oddish the Bulbasaur best Bulbasaur.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm really glad they explained that the inputs were compensating for hardware delay because I was really confused why they weren't lining up. Pretty cool stuff seeing it run on actual hardware though.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

nerdbot posted:

Is the Demon Chocobo just some Youtuber guy with like 50 followers trying to self-promote

The sketch glitch really messes with how the UI works. If they do stuff in a certain way they get a really distorted and miscolored Chocobo sprite to tile over most of the UI elements.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

weekly font posted:

Who gives a gently caress they're gonna make a cool milly every 6 months in spite of those stupid 13 year olds who aren't donating anyway.

Yeah, Twitch chat being their usual loving cancer notwithstanding this has been the best GDQ yet just in terms of quality of the runs and production.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm also not really surprised they didn't have any total control stuff, arbitrary code execution TASes take an extremely long time to do and there's only really 1 guy that knows how to do them (Masterjun) and he can only really put out 1 a year.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Healbot posted:

What was the censorship about? Work kept me from watching a whole lot of this GDQ unfortunately.

People were being transphobic fucks and being told not to be transphobic fucks. MUH FREEDOM OF SPEECH :qq:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
First Law of the Internet: Any online gathering of more than 10 people, without iron fist moderation, instantly turns into /pol/.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Related note: If you're watching the VODs on Youtube, don't read comments there either.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I'm more amazed that they have 100k+ people in the stream basically at all times and as far as I can tell haven't done slow mode once.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Keith Stack posted:

I believe that the words cringe, triggered, and cuck were all instaban words in the chat.

From the way I keep seeing people add spaces to it, I'm assuming they're banning for "thicc" too.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
aaaaaaaaaaaaaand the demon chocobo is out already.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly I don't really see the issue with a European runner not wanting to go to an American marathon he's not super jazzed about even if it is a GDQ. That's a shitload of travel for something you're just meh about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

CommaToes posted:

Upload them on a second account and just host the playlists on GamesDoneQuick once they are all up. Have a video announcing it on the main channel.

They're already on the SDA channel, right? Maybe it'd be possible to just make playlists from the SDA channel videos and host that on the GDQ channel, but I've never managed a media project of anything even 1/10000 of this size so I have no idea.

• Locked thread