Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Studio posted:

Speedruns are...

*looks at chart*

bad????

Alright Soviet Waffles, why don't you do a speedrun of say Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell the Blacklist if you think speedruns are bad? :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Comrade Fakename posted:

I enjoyed seeing Studio do GDQ promos on the IGN and Gamespot streams, but I was distracted by how much he looked like the UK comedian Peter Kay in his show Max And Paddy's Road to Nowhere.

The best was when he, Felix, and Dave Lang had to drink the horrible 'White Russian' drink over on Giant Bomb.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zorglorfian posted:

Man, I'll miss that infectious laugh and enthusiasm. :(

EDIT: I'm now playing SMRPG on the VC. I wonder if I'll beat it before this week is over?

Back when it came out, I managed to beat it in three days. Dunno how I did that back then since I haven't beat it in years.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Think I am going to order that FFVI Opera and Pepsi Man shirt. Maybe the Kefka and Aria of Sorrow shirt too.

Glad there are some good designs this time, as none of the AGDQ selection really left a impression on me.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I am thinking it for Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Oyster posted:

As much poo poo as I give for pushing HOOOOYYYYPPEE way too much I'm sitting in the stream room feeling HYPE AS gently caress

I hope you recreating your character from the old Lasher LP when yelling HYPE

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Lame, the feed on their SGDQ website doesn't have a fullscreen option.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SeXReX posted:

Splitting the bad games up into 2 blocks is pretty standard usually is by "classic" and "x"

But no Mighty No 9 yet.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I donated toward Sam, Oyster. It the least I can do after all the great marathon streams you did in the past.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Though atleast last AGDQ we got the reader to read one of those messages in character as the Battle Block Theatre man. That was funny.

Is there a clip of this, as it was so amazing/awful.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ugh, the Sam donation is down by 300 dollars to the stupid Jeff name. Going to skip that run if it wins.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

they did one song with one single mod on it to make the notes wobble a bit while they played and that was it

given the incredible depths of poo poo you can do with Stepmania, that was a really poor "showcase" of the game because some of the gimmick maps available for stepmania are loving sweet

Isn't there a really great gimmick map that is Undertale theme?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Harlock posted:

It seems like this year more than any other watching without popup is slowing down my stream

I imagine it related to the twitch chat being loaded in the background.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man, Mega Man 8 looks a lot better in terms of graphics then Mighty No 9. Has better voice acting too!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dezinus posted:

Mega Man 8 was good. Bummer they couldn't get the english version though.

see u in my dreams

A shame, but at least they ran the Saturn version that is rarely played.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
When did they change the menu since he bought it?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Eonwe posted:

that cutscene skip is sweet tho

Man the game is really angry about him doing it, since it constantly trying to pull him back to it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Eonwe posted:

lmao, those low quality flames

n64 had better flames

Still better flames then Mighty No 9.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Harlock posted:

Gonna skip Cohen, rip

Well that means Cohen is still alive. :unsmith:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wait how did he get the good ending if he harvested the little sisters?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I wonder when they get to Dishonored 2 if they will have the option to do the no powers feature the new game has.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

President Ark posted:

yo wolfenstein TNO owns hard, it's a shockingly good (reboot? addition?) to the series and i suggest you get it and play it

Yeah it and the new DOOM are really well done.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

President Ark posted:

possibly

i'm surprised they didn't have a donation war for save wyatt vs. save fergus

Which one is revealed to be Jimmy Hendix??

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Erata posted:

Blazko: Part Keen, part spaghetti noodle.

That or he might be a Pillar Man.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How were the runs after Wolfenstein? I really hope KotoR turned out well.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Schurik posted:

I haven't been able to catch much love so far, what have been the absolute must see runs?

Definitely watch the Catherine co-op with one person run.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CrashCat posted:

KotoR is amazingly broken but there were some issues. I think it's worth the wait but a lot of people were bored. Also it probably can't hold a candle to how loving bonkers the Dark Forces games are

Dunban posted:

It was pretty good, despite some technical difficulties at the start

Good, I will catch both of them later on.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Equilibrium posted:

What kind of monster donates for Reinhardt..

Maybe they got confused with the Overwatch character?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Smoking Crow posted:

I haven't been watching for a while, what's Alice a reference to

A little girl was watching her dad and was curious about what SGDQ was about. And she decided to use her piggybank money to donate 5 dollars toward not killing the animals.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man the langoliers are annoying in this fight.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Prediction on Romscout's flight home.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Surprise there was no prizes during the Castlevania block this year.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Surprise this guy isn't wearing a suit.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

staplegun posted:

Barkley 1 crashing repeatedly on the optional boss with the devs at the event was the best thing.

Didn't that run crash on the last boss?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I like Guacamelee a lot, especially with the enhanced version that is not being run. Shame, since I like the new 'devil trigger' you get, but I imagine it lost a lot of the glitches that lets them move around. Plus adding the volcano that takes a while to get through.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Crain posted:

So I missed the start why is he playing as this character instead of the normal guy, who was there for like...a second?

The costume double damages on everything, including damage to yourself.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Beekeeping and You posted:

Though, there should be a version for the other character, too. Maybe it was a shorter menu or something.

Yeah I think there is a costume for Juan that does the same, but the girl's costumes are after his. So I imagine it faster to just go to the bottom to grab her then scroll through all of his other outfits.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah the music in this game is amazing. That why I haven't even touched the PS4/Vita version I got from PS+ since it replaced all the music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Since they keep having to do ads for and have the annoucer talk about them..what has Tiny Build actually done for GDC? None of their games are ever run.

• Locked thread