Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Holy poo poo, these guys are sitting on actual office chairs with wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'm continuing my DS9 watchthrough (there are huge swathes I've never seen) and I've reached Homefront.

It irks me that in 300 years apparently the New Orleans accent has vanished. Sisko's dad pronounces the city name as 'New OR-leens', rather than the native 'N'awl'ns'. :mad:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"How long before you're due back at Starfleet?"
"About an hour"
"Just enough time to take a stroll to Audubon Park."

The gently caress it is. You 'stroll' 5 miles in an hour? I appreciate Sisko's dad has got a brand new aorta, but drat, he ain't no Steve Austin.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wowbagger2004 posted:

why are the swarm ships so tiny in the rihannaverse

Rihanna is 50 feet tall.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If Voyager had longer nacelles on elevated struts it wouldn't look too bad, it's the dinky Galaxy-esque nacelles that give it a bad profile. The early prototype model, while hideous and overly-busy, has a much better overall silhouette and would have been a better choice.

This one? I loved this look! If Voyager had looked like this, I'd be very happy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It's available on several abandonware sites.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Nessus posted:

I think the tech manual says they're like warp field/navigation consultants and researchers and there's like ten of them, so it's not like it was a million of 'em

Now, do they get shore leave like the rest of the crew?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

WickedHate posted:

It might upset the Elcor. Or worse, it might arouse the Elcor.

Seductively: Do you come here often?

EDIT: The Elcor would be great in Star Trek, a truly alien looking species and concept.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

/r/gifsthatendtoosoon

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CobiWann posted:

The only thing more I'd want from the Dominion War would be a closer look at the Breen and the Breen Confederacy.

Turns out they're just disguises.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A story about the Maquis stealing a Defiant variant from wherever it is they mothball prototype starships would have been interesting.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

...you know there was an episode where the Maquis stole Defiant herself, right?

Oh bloody hell, of course there is. With beard patches Thomas. :doh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

What's weird in Beyond is that it implies everyone is actually talking English all the time, even the aliens. When the universal translator is busted out, there's actually a noticeable delay.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Aww yiss. Just showed up on my Netflix.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Tighclops posted:

I've seen fan versions based on this design that were successful in de-fuglyfying it, so hopefully they refine the poo poo out of the Discovery.

Here's a decent one I just found:

"Larger saucer, moved saucer back, pushed nacelles back and replaced nacelle design."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Apollodorus posted:

No one said Keenser?

Nah, wee man is fine. He's just in the background most of the time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

You can hear her audibly pull up every time she has to say something even vaguely technical.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

What the gently caress is that?

It's a Vogon Vorgon!

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Vorgon

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I need to get on with my first time run through of DS9. Let's see what's up next... Return to Grace?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Trent posted:

Definitely this. It's almost like they put the line in Season 7 just to explain this. There is really no reason for DS9 to rotate that I can imagine, but Ezri says she can feel it rotating in the space sickness episode.

DS9 rotates all the time though? Look at the background stars on any scene on the station with a window (Sisko's office is a good one) and you'll see the stars moving across.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I never realised that TAS didn't use the real TOS theme. It's like some copyright-dodging version of the theme.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Pay CBS millions of dollars.

I'll pay them some dollars.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CobiWann posted:

American?

Dollarpounds.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hmm. Stumbled across this earlier. Would have been an interesting take.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

Maybe they stuck the shuttles in the same place that Voyager kept the Delta Flyer and Neelix's ship.

I reason that they gutted the aeroshuttle's parts to make the Delta Flyer and just left the underside plate in place. Which is a tragedy because the Aeroshuttle was basically a runabout and Voyager could really have used one of those.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

One charge lasts 10 hours? Christ. Needs to be a bit longer than that. I guess it's ok for convention wear.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MorgaineDax posted:

I'm happy they mentioned all the Kirk/Spock slash. I always wondered what Takei thought of that.

"Why is it never me?"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Trek should have taken a leaf out of Doctor Who's book when they did their 50th. The big special episode, various ancillary smaller episodes bringing back old Doctors, documentaries, etc etc. :smug:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bryan Fuller has said that Balance of Terror is 'a touchstone' for Discovery. Romulan War confirmed?

http://twitter.com/BryanFuller/status/774062077811929090

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Dark One posted:

Sarek, the Romulan Commander and Spock are George Senior, Oscar and Buster, respectively.

I don't care for Sybok.
______________\

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

quote:

Number One
The mysterious female executive officer, she was described as a slim, Nubian woman of uncertain age. She was expressionless, highly intelligent, and always cool under pressure. When Captain April left the ship, she would serve as "Acting Commander." The role was written by Roddenberry for his mistress, Majel Barrett from the very start.

Uhhh.. Pretty sure she's not in any way a Nubian. Unless Roddenberry is making up a planet Nubia.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh man, I hate that guy on American Pickers.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I got the impression he was a normal child, but in his dad's eyes, he was one step away from being a helmet kid.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Surely where the aeroshuttle docks counts as a shuttlebay?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I don't care for Wesley.
______________\

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

You! The one who is driving!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

WickedHate posted:

Human augmentation is okay if you have to wear dorky looking sunglases the whole time, it balances out.

To be fair, Geordi didn't ask for this.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

tigersklaw posted:

"Computer, locate Ensign Ricky"

"Ensign Ricky is currently in his quarters nailing his wife. Shall I contact him for you?"

"...no, let him finish"

"Ensign Ricky will finish in approximately 3.2 seconds."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

So when the heck does O'Brien leave for DS9? I thought it started with TNG season 6.

I just watched Bar Association last night, which has O'Brien stating he was so bored as Transporter Chief on the Enterprise, stuck in one room all day. Yeah, I read the comics. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

God I love Worf and Odo bickering. :allears:

:black101: Petty thievery like this never happened on the Enterprise!

:smugbert: Stardate 46235.7, the Enterprise is taken over by one Daimon Lurin..