Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Three times he saved the ship, versus five times he endangered it... two were kind of a draw.

It's gotta be more than 3... are you counting Cause and Effect and The Game?

And his knowledge and computational ability have helped them countless times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/GarrettRWang/status/1255329056448483331?s=20

Actually looking forward to this!

I've been rewatching Voyager out of sequence... just kind of jumping around the best episodes through the good ones through the mediocre ones through the bad ones through the real dregs.

So it'll be interesting to hear them reminisce.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I'm really enjoying The Delta Flyers podcast.

I didn't expect to be laughing at Garrett Wang saying "elephantitis of the penis" two episodes in, but here we are.

He also does a great Janeway impression, lol

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 6, 2020

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I've just recommended Past Tense Pts 1 & 2 to my non-Trekkie parents to watch as just a standalone story... I'm curious to see what they'll think of it.

If they really like it, there are a few other classic episodes I might get them to watch... I think Measure of a Man and The Offspring would probably go over well. Maybe throw in The Most Toys as well.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Statutory Ape posted:

Perhaps Relics and The Inner Light?

I think they'd appreciate The Inner Light, for sure. Relics, I get the feeling my Dad would like that one more than my Mom.

Humerus posted:

Cause and Effect and Parallels are pretty good in terms of telling sci-fi stories really well.

I think the kind of episodes that would be most up their alley are really good personal stories, and really good social commentary. (And my Dad gets easily frustrated by any sort of non-linear storytelling, much to my constant dismay)

Far Beyond the Stars would probably be another good one.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Sash! posted:

No one can come up to me and plug a module into me that says "being a slave is awesome," but I can do that to any old hologram.

Except in real life, neither of those things are possible, and in Star Trek, both are possible.