Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hayden Christensen was outstanding in Shattered Glass. Dude's not a bad actor. It's just that, as has been said, George Lucas isn't exactly the world's greatest screenwriter and director. Very talented guy in so many areas, brilliant even, but hiring Irvin Kershner to direct TESB (and Lawrence Kasdan to do the screenplay) was the best idea of his entire career. Same for Richard Marquand directing ROTJ.

There are moments in ROTS where you can almost see what could have been, but it was ultimately farted up by Lucas surrounding himself by people absolutely terrified to tell him "No." or "Maybe we do it this way."

Like a sort of nerd Stalin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Doug Jones as Saru is the one consistently good thing about Discovery. And Michelle Yeoh hamming it up as Empress Georgiou.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/portalrealm/status/1613595662595014657?s=46&t=ws5xkjfab1PiwXNdHTTuSg

https://twitter.com/portalrealm/status/1613595884289392640?s=46&t=ws5xkjfab1PiwXNdHTTuSg

https://twitter.com/trekcomic/status/1613731642870493189?s=46&t=pWSd0x-dWcTHOa76JI0ywQ

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Tunicate posted:

The jon bois vid on 24 is great

The Sim City 2000 cell phone ringtone joke is majestic. That whole video is so good. Poor Jack just can’t win; the universe has seen to it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Knormal posted:

Look, space water tastes funny, okay? It's Class-M water or nothin'.

Yikes.

This looks like something that would be crudely spray-painted on the side of a carnival ride at a state or county fair in 1997. Like a Gravitron or a Tilt A Whirl.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Annie Wersching just died of cancer.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/for-annies-boys-freddie-ozzie-and-archie?fbclid=PAAaaWNnZ3F-5MXHKzJcTgHIBAT_8WzvF81CsHjJJkaaAgRALPLj__0TQgueE

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/startrekonpplus/status/1619861458371715072?s=46&t=z-rfwMN_9wvCW0dn_BE90A

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Tom Guycot posted:

I loved that awful 90's godzilla film as a child :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIUAC03YMlA

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Speaking of Star Trek stuff in Boston Legal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo2b3WUUQ-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZGj8JyBiNo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/swear_trek/status/1623016840942260239?s=46&t=HQWhCPlvgKz5bVNuZ4sMkQ

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

And Starship Mine rules. Seeing laced up diplomat occasionally whoop some rear end was a lot of fun. Emphasis on occasionally.

Picard also pulling the proverbial pin on the hijackers’ trilithium grenade and then watching their ship go kablooey was deluxe King poo poo Picard.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Guess i’ve gotta go to Phoenix Fan Fusion in June.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Bring back Blunt Talk.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Geordi’s liver has been replaced with Trilithium, and he explodes, taking out Worf, Crusher and Troi.

Riker’s face is severely burnt, and Picard has to hop into his dune buggy to chase down the antagonist while the Nickelodeon Guts theme plays in the style of Jerry Goldsmith.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Geordi was always an exceptional Unreal Tournament player.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I have extreme sunk cost fallacy with regards to any Star Trek series, so I will be there for John Luck Pickerd: The Show: 3.0 tomorrow night/Thursday morning.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV approves of that construction project.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/arashmarkazi/status/1624813537582538754?s=46&t=vewvm6QN9pd1Lm6JyxJNpQ

And the Luxor is right down the Strip.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I did not expect a videogame from ages ago to explain how Chang lost his eye and why he initially wanted Gorkon dead.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Worf Show when, Coward Paramount?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Oops! All Nacelles

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Edit: Wrong Thread

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

2 to 1 odds that the big arching story of season 1 of Starfleet Academy is that one of the cadets stumbles upon a conspiracy within Starfleet to (insert rehashed evil Admiral(s) story here).

It can't just be some neat story about young people going to Space College and experiencing college things but with sci-fi plot devices. It's gotta involve some planet getting destroyed by a superweapon and the season finale will be the motley group of untested students banding together to save the day. And also one of them will die terribly and provide a Phil Coulson-esque morale boost to the rest of them.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

What a Starfleet Academy show set in the 31st century should feature: A prank in which the gravity is turned off in the cafeteria, prompting a zero-G food fight. Maybe a sideplot or two featuring characters who are apprehensive about joining Starfleet after Starfleet was a non-factor for centuries after the Dilithium Rapture. Maybe new alien races who have recently joined the Federation becoming the first of their kind to join Starfleet and the various fish out of water scenarios that can be explored as a result.

What a Starfleet Academy show set in the 31st century will probably feature: A whole shuttlecraft full of students being exploded by a Magnetar. The Federation President being melted somehow while giving a speech. Boothby XXII being a triple agent for the Breen Confederacy (and shooting a quantum laser rocket at someone). Some militant offshoot of a long-forgotten species will appear and melt some capitol city like Rome or Paris or Gary, Indiana. Elements of Starfleet will be in league with said long-forgotten species and they will justify it by explaining that times are tough since the status quo has been re-established and that the Federation has become soft again blah blah blah.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Angry Salami posted:

Modern Trek's actually been pretty good about avoiding the evil admiral cliche. It's something that I was really pleased about with Discovery, that Future Starfleet didn't have some deep dark secret, and Admiral Vance, the President, and Cronenberg were all on the up-and-up.

This is true, and I don't disagree with you, but you have to assume that the writers were contorting themselves every which way to avoid falling into that story trap. Every atom in their bodies wanted to do it, and it took obscene self control to NOT do that. The whole writer's room was probably just people covered in cold flop sweats and stifiling screams because of how painful it must've been to not do "Evil Admirals: Version 20".

I fear that the Starfleet Academy show won't be so lucky. But I hope i'm wrong!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The Brethren Moons also cracked planets open and were much cooler.

Dead Space 3 was bausra but i’d sure love a Dead Space 4. 3 ended on quite the cliffhanger.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

DesperateDan posted:

goddamn beverley's scottish sex ghost episode is so insane, a representation of scotland straight out of garth marhenghi's "darkplace" mashed into a mills and boone "romance"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Going to the Phoenix Comicon Fan Fusion the first weekend of June to meet Shatner and get an autograph, and since he’s probably gonna be signing 99% Star Trek stuff at the event, I figured I should get something unique for an autograph canvas, and picked this up today.

A new recording and pressing released last year to commemorate when he went into space.