Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

skasion posted:

I think she is poor as a villain in First Contact. All she does is smugly troll Data for no reason that is explained. “I am the Borg”, ok what does that mean, Data asks? There is no answer to this in the movie because the scriptwriters couldn’t think of anything for her to say other than more snide quips about how meat people are too dumb to understand her cunning plan.

Sounds like someone's thinking in three dimensional terms!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Bloop posted:

I personally like the idea that we are just not getting the relationship at all with our mammal brains, which is actually what she says, and which may or may not be a lie

I am guilty of thinking in three dimensional terms.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Now I want to see Engineer Shimoda drunkenly stack the bio-neural gel packs

One of the stacked gel packs falls and hits B'elanna in the spine, crippling her and forcing her to commit ritual suicide.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I thought a main objection was Voyager rehashing TNG. Come on.

:thejoke:

quote:

The B'elanna version has her cobbling together her own spinal bypass and augmetic frame so she can angrily shamble around for the rest of the series.

This is probably what would happen, but add in some Janeway yelling at her for spice.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:perfect:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

The root is really that the maquis are dipshit people

The Virgin Maquis idiot - "There is inherent nobility in playing subsistence farmer in the post-scarcity future where you can order literally any food you want any time you want! It build character! Look at these tomatoes!"

The Chad Federation citizen - *goes into holodeck and boots up Farmer_Simulator_2419* "Ayyy, look at me, developing character over here!" *orders steak and lobster from replicator* "This is awesome!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

jeeves posted:

Why would anyone want to host Jeopardy full time?

I guess you can film a whole year of shows in 2 weeks or something for a nice paycheck.

Aaron Rodgers said it only takes 60 working days to film the entire year, which is why he'd be able to do both that and football at the same time.

Trebek was making $10 million a year for 60 days of work. Not bad at all.