Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
why are bridge scenes in tng so noisy? Theres a shittonne more film grain, atleast on the Netflix version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

After The War posted:

Where are you in the series? The first two seasons were extremely underlit in a more "cinematic" style before switching to the flat lighting that would remain for the rest of 90s Trek. The remaster corrected the early episodes to be consistent with the later ones, but the now the high film speed shows.

Makes sense, I didn't know there was a remaster. I just finished season 1, this is my first trek

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

After The War posted:

Well, you've got that out of the way! There will other bad eras, but nothing like the sheer lunacy of TNG Season 1.

without spoiling anything can you tell me what changes?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Paradoxish posted:

This is kind of a hard question because it’s nothing really specific. The show improves on basically every front, especially once you get to season 3. The writing improves, the actors get more comfortable in their roles, even the sets and costumes improve.

Ah cool. I'm watching the first ep now, riker beard :swoon:

thexerox123 posted:

It helps that a lot of the toxic stuff going on behind the scenes eased up once Gene's influence waned.

The documentary Chaos on the Bridge covers the production of the first season, it's pretty interesting.

I'll check it out when I finish

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
does the enterprise always roll around with kids and non serving adults on it?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
in tng have the vulcans/romulans had interstellar travel for millenia? how are there vulcan/romulan ancient artifacts all over the place

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
is ds9 worth watching once i finish tng?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Watching the the sage of the next generation, its really bizare and shows how different things were even in the 90s. They are talking about how far all the characters have come, for all the male characters they talk about how they've developed as people, but for crusher they talk about wesley and for troi they talk about how she looked like a cheerleader in season 1 and they changed her look "to take advantage of what a pretty lady she is"

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
why deos ds9 hate the chief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Ds9s ending sucks, huh. 0 closure.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 6, 2018