Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sash! posted:

I'm not sure it was even reskinned. It was straight-up a Valkyrie.
I mean, it was recolored from the original scheme at least. I dont think they changed the transformation mechanic other than to maybe not allow you to make the plane with fists mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Somewhere, Shatner is furiously emailing his agent.

"Leonard's DEAD and he's still getting more love than Kirk! Let them I know I can play Kirk's GRANDFATHER!"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm pretty sure it's season 2 when VOY goes past Neelix's sphere of expertise and there's an episode where he, like, trades bioweapons because I'M USELESS TO YOU now

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Kibayasu posted:

Unfortunately pretty much all animation these days is based on the amount of toys it can sell.
Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Star Vs. The Forces of Evil, Teen Titans Go and Gumball arent exactly clogging up the aisles with figures and Battle Action Power Sled accessories, dude.

Even, like, Voltron is barely a blip in the toy aisle, and kids loving love that Netflix poo poo.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Plus it's way easier to just throw some sprite graphics on a freemium game and make some extra cash that way.

No need to sculpt+manufacture things, no whinging about off model product, etc.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Gates is/was a Dancer so I'm pretty sure she keeps active and eats way better than any of us.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That first background screams "Ok lighting crew, rip out all the R02 and Bastard Amber and throw some powder blue and aqua green into the mix"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Does that mean Tommy Ryker is not circumcised?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Zurui posted:

So in Timothy Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy (the original licensed sequels to Star Wars) they indicate a clone by doubling up a vowel, so like Clone-Luke is Luuke or Clone Jorus is Joruus. I always wondered if it incremented by clone, like is the third clone of Han Haaaan?
Canonically (or Legends canon, now) they did add more vowels.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I very much enjoy my artesenal Tape artifacts. The lower resolution really makes the image warmer and fuller than modern digital aspect ratios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Khanstant posted:

Is it wrong that I'm hoping Data and the Borg Bae bang it out? An adorable little baby data-borg is born and there could be a whole series about trying to raise that little rascal to be a good kid.
Baby Databorg is sure to be next summer's most talked-about plot point!