Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

nine-gear crow posted:

Keep your horrible lies out of this thread. TNG was the sex show. Voyager's the one where nobody fucks.

Q and his wife had a full-on bareback gently caress scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Arglebargle III posted:

nobody in TNG gets laid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYMfwBGveMg

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Delsaber posted:

Kolinahr in the streets, Pon Farr in the sheets

Infinite Dicks in Infinite Cooters

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

V-Men posted:

does sex with a ghost count?

Not for Beverly, but put Candle Ghost on the list

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Brawnfire posted:

Remember when Rene Auberjonois returned for a weirdly similar premise (guiltily holding onto an artificial colony resulting from a crash) in Enterprise episode "Oasis"?

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

bull3964 posted:

Correct. The disc comes out in September.

They did a set extension to give the room a bit more depth in the wide shots instead of having the one dinky window. It fixes the perspective issue of seeing the nacelles that the first Directors Edition had which is presumably what they were going for (and it matches the exterior design better), but the cutouts of the live action seem a little unreal. It's only like 20 seconds of actual footage so it's not a huge deal.

I now want to see a mashup that replaces the Enterprise leaving spacedock footage in TWOK with this new spacedock footage because it looks so much cleaner. Finally the reflection of the base holding the pod is gone when backing up to the Enterprise.

I do still miss the klaxon though and wish they hadn't replaced it. It's a much better harbinger of poo poo going down though I understand it can be a bit overwhelming in the soundtrack.

Does it still cut the second "Viewer off?" This is important.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

BTW, Fathom Events is doing theatrical screenings of the new TMP cut on May 22, 23, and 25:

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/Star-Trek-TMP-Directors-Cut

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The doctor: You've been deskeletonized, no bones about it

The cast does an "end of episode" chuckle, cut to the ship cruising away and roll credits 8 minutes into the episode.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Nemesis > Insurrection

It's runtime is longer, that is true

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Give me character-branded Star Trek slime product. Where's my loving Goo Dukat?

Goohura

Captain Montgomery Snot

Seven of Slime

Carol Mucus

Darmuck and Gel Wad

Drink-Mix Man fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 29, 2022

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

These are the voyages stuff of the starship Enterplasm

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

I hope the storylines in SNW are SAVE THE DIPLOMATIC CONFERENCE and DAVE SPOCK'S SELF ESTEEM and SAVE THE ECONOMIC TRADE BALANCE IN THE ALOHA QUADRANT. Once a season they can have little a SAVE THIS ONE WORLD, as a treat.

Everyone wants to write their big drat heroes saving the universe but they keep forgetting that Superman also rescues kittens from trees.

Every few episodes, they should get a message from Starfleet command informing them that a doomsday threat to The Federation/The Galaxy/The Universe is happening somewhere offscreen, but another crew has this one, your mission is to go deliver antibiotics to a colony of miners.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Penitent posted:

It's like they weirdly gave him direction to read it like he was bored.

The intro and it's uninspired opening theme and the cheapish looking CGI make me feel like I've hired a prostitute in her fifties with a raspy smoker's voice to do "Star Trek' things to me. She isn't really into it, I know she isn't really into it, she knows I know she isn't really into it... but here we are... doing 'Star Trek' things.

Who knows, maybe it will be amazing and we'll get married.

TV IV > Modern Star Trek Megathread: a prostitute in her fifties with a raspy smoker's voice doing "Star Trek" things to me.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Sir Lemming posted:

I have zero concern for the plausibility of The Inner Light. It's just not that kind of episode.

That's a better way of phrasing my issue with the episode, thank you for pinpointing it. I think that's why I don't really feel what Picard's going through the way I want to.

Granted I do think it would've been much harder to write that way and still keep it interesting and believable, and still make sense and feel good when it all goes back to normal at the end. It's way harder to do that without doing the early reveal of what's going on. But still, I think that's the version of the episode I'm left wanting.

Frame of Mind does "your life on a starship was a fantasy" better IMO

Never thought of it before but those would make interesting companion pieces to watch back to back

Drink-Mix Man fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 3, 2023

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Ups_rail posted:

I m sorry if someone else posted this

sounds about right

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Lemniscate Blue posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > Star Trek: You put the "durr" in duranium