Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Powered Descent posted:

What if there's a mirror universe in the other direction too? A universe where everyone is milquetoast and bland and good-natured to the point of simpering, where the most popular hobby is collecting different colors of dryer lint, and even something like a court martial feels more like an episode of Barney and Friends. Where they'd be politely aghast to discover that in the prime universe, people sometimes compete against each other, and can even consider that a friendly thing to do. O'Brien and Bashir from the Wimpazoid universe just can't believe that their counterparts enjoy hurling spiked projectiles at a target, and keeping close track of who is hurling more accurately so that one can be aggrandized over the other. (Let's not even TALK about their holodeck recreations of the prime universe's truly twisted version of the great British and German Aerobatics Fun Festivals of the 1910s.

Maybe it was this universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

vermin posted:

I remember hearing the words Star Trek Apartment being bad news back in the day

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No lie, I was contacted about a bone marrow donation once and I pretty much adopted Worf's attitude because after I met the dude.

THERE IS NO HONOR IN THIS

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Of all the Trek things to stay true to they picked exploding control panel full of rocks.

It was quite bad. Exceptionally so.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I didn't even realize STD got it's own thread.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Michael's kind of an odd name for a woman?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

It just feels like they did it just to draw attention to it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Scudworth posted:

Main characters should have memorable names, and in 30 years when Michael is probably a unisex or feminine name it'll not be weird anymore.

In 30 years I'd hope people will have better things to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Rhyno is king of bad takes, but the point is moot because Bryan Fuller usually gives his female leads names or nicknames that are traditionally male.

Chuck on Pushing Daisies
George on Dead Like Me
Jaye on Wonderfalls
Michael on Discovery

I'm more of a prince and I haven't watched any of those shows!