Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
You know an episode is going to be awesome when Lwaxana shows up. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Kingtheninja posted:

Who is the actor that plays data's dickish first officer in the season five premiere? He looks super familiar.

Not looking him up on Memory Alpha before asking is without honor.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I have now subjected my girlfriend to the first five Trek movies, thanks to our local video store. She declared The Final Frontier second-worst, behind TMP. I argued that, even though TMP had like only three story beats, at least they followed each other, unlike the mess we'd just watched.

I don't look forward to showing her Insurrection and Nemesis!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Bohemian Nights posted:

What the.. Are you a time traveler? If so, why on earth would you possibly decide to visit our dystopian present

https://www.facebook.com/CrossroadsVideo/

They even have VHS! The DVD's for Final Frontier and Undiscovered Country were in the "New Arrivals" section!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Timby posted:

Shatner's direction, Laszlo's cinematography and Goldsmith's score are beyond reproach.

Yes, I liked the part where Voldemort looks at the guy riding up on a unicorn and it cuts between them eight times for no reason. And when Bones, Kirk, and Spock are standing around in the room with the ship wheel and the framing cuts off a third of Kirk's left side, but is also not really focused on Spock. Or when the four of them land in the shuttle and line up by the door in a majestic shot, then exit the shuttle and line up in the same order, facing the other direction, for another majestic shot.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Didn't he also leap out the second before he pulled the trigger? That way your hero didn't technically murder Kennedy.

He jumped into the Secret Service agent at the last second and jumped on the car, saving Jackie.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
My sister posted this tweet and I guessed the episode in one try:

https://twitter.com/sharteks/status/859258482238697472

Help.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Correct!

How do you feel?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

skasion posted:

Georgi La Forgie

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
"If there's nothing wrong with me, there must be something wrong with the universe!"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQVc79FE5Bo

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

The Bloop posted:

Voyager should have had a clips show called The Trial of Captain Janeway and she should have ended up in that penal colony where she found Tom.

And then her old crew bands together one last time to bust her out!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Maybe he and Marina Sirtis watched a Spurs match and got pissed before shooting those scenes?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Why would he try to join a house that has no honor?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

vermin posted:

Number One, look at this. This doesn't look like me at all, these children are doing a terrible job. Are they challenged?

I don't know, I think the resemblance is rather striking.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Achievement Unlocked: Nerd

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Today I learned that Thomas Dekker, of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles fame, was also one of Picard's Nexus-babies in Generations. Unfortunately, I found this out by watching Generations.

CPColin fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 18, 2017

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

TheScott2K posted:

Data had a kind of sinister quality in the pilot that could have gone interesting places on a show that wasn't about the Buddy Bears Who Always Get Along.

Data trying to blast Kivas Fajo and then lying to Riker about it when he gets beamed away at the last second is one of the most badass things he ever did.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

What do you reckon the transporter visual effect will be like

Star wipe

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
God and God! What is God?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

VitalSigns posted:

And the only reason she didn't succeed completely was her emotional decision to not kill Kirk and Spock in sickbay when they discovered her involvement in the conspiracy. Spock even tells her killing them immediately is the logical thing to do.

Spock slapping the phaser away is so great, much like most of that movie.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

McSpanky posted:

CSI: Risa? Hawaii 5-000? :c00l:

Hawaii 5-00DESTRUCT0

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
It'd be nice if any of the lines on the ship were parallel with the text!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Chris Pratt did it to Amy Poehler and they put it in the Parks & Rec season 2 blooper reel.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

shadok posted:

He also got a letter from NBC's lawyers that said "we seriously considered firing you and if you do it again you're gone". Which he has framed in his home.

"P.S., lol yeah put it in the blooper reel"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Barclay Program #9 is a recreation of Troi's dream sequence from "Night Terrors."

CPColin fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 2, 2017

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Apologies, Mr. Worf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxopd_qSVKo

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Ooooooh poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrm8TV7K4zo

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Oh poo poo the admiral's losing

Data's tiny shake of his head when the comms get cut off is still loving great.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

The_Doctor posted:

I really must get around to making an Orville thread. Suggestions for thread title?

A particularly erotic chapter from Seth MacFarlane's journal

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I had the soundtrack for the Voyager pilot on cassette. :(

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Jamie and Adam did prove you can polish a turd.

Only because they hosed up the idiom, which isn't "You can't polish a turd," but rather "You can polish a turd, but it'll still smell like poo poo."

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The scene with Crusher in the makeshift morgue. :gonk:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Does Data have a big seam on the top of his head there?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
There's only one D I care for and it ain't no starship!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

MillennialVulcan posted:

We all know no one listens to Star Trek podcasts. What this joke presupposes is ... maybe they do?

Issue One:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

spincube posted:

It's fabric, so it'd absorb the classic "Hello?" - oh? - oh? oh? oh? oh? effect. Your voice soaks into the textile, strained through crushing stillness only to crash unpleasantly around the distant bulkheads. The alkaline stink of freshly-laid carpet - micro-shampooed nightly by the skutters - attacks your sinuses like acid. There is nothing here but friction burn. You are alone, and unwelcome; a pink stain in the beige wilderness.

> GO WEST

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Nailed it. Happy Star Trek Day.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I suggest using the tractor beam to alter the ship's trajectory. :geno:

Voting thread "3" so we'll know what to do next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Allen, his neck bent at a ninety-degree angle