Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I like the implication in lower decks that not only does he watch Enterprise regularly on the holodeck, he watches the opening with the music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The reviews I'm seeing are that it's mediocre as a game but decent as a Star Trek story.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I think the SNW Enterprise is *just* the perfect environment for a big nerd from the future to geek out about.

Prediction: he grabs Uhura's earpiece out of her ear and starts ranting about historical tech

I'm betting there's going to be a comment about how 'I always thought the original Enterprise was more cramped and plainer, this is really nice!'

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Sure, if you care about that, whatever.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Powered Descent posted:

The people who claim that the arrowhead wasn't an Enterprise assignment patch but was for all "starship duty" somehow never seem to remember the uniforms on the Defiant, which all have a different insignia.

That was back when it was assumed that every starship did have its own patch. However: we saw a few Defiant crew wearing arrowheads in TOS! And then ENT introduced a distinct patch.

My assumption is that the arrowhead is the standard duty patch, but that certain special duties or fleets get special patches.

So, say the Exeter and Defiant were on some special mission (but not everyone on Defiant had switched their tops yet). Matt Decker was wearing a Commodore patch.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 26, 2023

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wee Bairns posted:

The 70's and 80's tech manuals and fanzines had a bunch of different created patches for every drat ship in the fleet, under the erroneous idea every one needed it's own, before canon overrode their ideas.

Yeah that kind of idea is the perfect fanon bait.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well we know by the late 24th century civilian Gorn aren't uncommon on Federation starbases, and Gorn ships were among the allies who came to the aid of the Federation in the Prodigy finale and risked their lives for Starfleet.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 26, 2023

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well some people are always assholes.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The moral of the story is, canon includes all the 90s shows except the bits we don't talk about, lower decks, prodigy, and a specific 160,000 word fanfic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Not to backseat, but how about we all just move on from that.