Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nmx
May 16, 2004

Sash! posted:

First Contact isn't as good as it should be because it doesn't make sense to me.

You're telling me that the Borg 1) can't aim for poo poo bombarding a static target and 2) can't drop anything with more explosive power than a gallon of gasoline?

Seriously they'd have inflicted more damage if they'd just kamikazed into the place.

Meh, that's a pretty minor quibble. They did damage the rocket, and didn't know exactly where Cochrane was. Plus it was basically their escape pod, not a full cube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmx
May 16, 2004

Hollismason posted:

My favorite is that at the end McCoy is like "She's at a college level, she can return to work in a week". Man she just had her entire identity destroyed and they just reprogrammed her completely. It's bizzarrrreee.

I've never seen this episode, but it sounds worse than Threshold.

nmx
May 16, 2004

Not necessarily. As I recall, the line was something like "It's because he's an android," as if Geordi sees other androids all the time, which was a strange way to put it and I'd take it with a grain of salt. His mother was a much more advanced model. Maybe she emitted an EM signature that looked human. She fooled sensors after all.

nmx
May 16, 2004

Number_6 posted:

Supertrain was such a costly trainwreck it almost killed loving NBC (in conjunction with some other problems). Maybe Discovery will do the same for CBS's fledgling streaming ...thing.

Also if you don't know Supertrain check out these rocking clips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUERtAe73NI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTd687mIrg8

Those special effects though!

nmx
May 16, 2004

Number_6 posted:

Actually for a 1970s TV show, the modelwork for the moving train is pretty frakkin' good. Or maybe I have low standards because I'm old enough to have seen Supertrain when it actually aired.

No I agree, I actually wasn't being sarcastic :)

nmx
May 16, 2004

FredMSloniker posted:

"This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! He didn't get out of the cock-a-doodie car!"

Hah, I just read Misery and I was thinking along the same lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmx
May 16, 2004

CaveGrinch posted:

Pretty sure they said early on that’s how they thought they’d heard it pronounced before. It honestly doesn’t read as one of their callback jokes/references. And if it is, it’s loving stupid.

They were originally pronouncing Nana wrong, unintentionally, probably. Then they fixed the pronunciation of Nana but started botching Visitor, probably to piss off the people who corrected them about Nana :confused: