Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
As much as people tell me there are good shows being made at the moment, I seem just to watch Star Trek and Stargate on loop. In general I each episode seems relatively fresh to me when I come back around to it every few years. I can't be the only one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Number_6 posted:

The perfect story for the next Trek film is painfully obvious; it's the concept Roddenberry was pitching for years. The Enterprise crew goes back in time and gets mixed up in the Kennedy assassination, and in order to restore The Correct Timeline, Spock has to finish the job with a rifle from the grassy knoll.

Close to the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6naJ08Tskk

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
I might have missed this being posted, but then again so might someone else, so here it is again.

DS9 Season 4 Trailer
https://vimeo.com/227828163

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
There's a certain logic in the idea that you'd need the energy of a black hole to go to warp too.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Faith in my Heart sounds like the theme song to a christian Trek parody

This is the real issue. I just don't personally think Faith should be such a prominent part of the intro, it just really doesn't fit Enterprise, particularly the later seasons. It would probably have been a better fit for DS9 given the themes it explored, but even then an instrumental is clearly the best way to go, even if it places certain limits of marketability.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
I'm trying to find details about international (particularly NZ) releases. It's on NZ Netflix (don't laugh) but is that just the pilot? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

J33uk posted:

Anyone know if Netflix got some new transfers for DS9 or something? I'm watching Ferengi Love Songs (I feel like something light) and the title sequence looked sharper than I remember it looking in the past. You can see some extra detail on the model that I don't think I've seen before. It's not like an HD remaster but it does look nice.

I don't know the actual answer, but to me the Netflix versions just look darker like they have the colour saturation turned up. The wormhole looks extremely blue compared to the versions I've watched in the past for example.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
This is the best TV news in years and years. Man some people are jaded. :love:

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
gently caress.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Red Dwarf is also, very rightly, consistently popular; the most recent movie was the most watched thing on the UKTV channel Dave in 7 years.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
I'm a few hours in and Resurgence is great. It totally gets the tone of Trek, and having objectives like "Evaluate these arguments" is just the perfect fit for the franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

BrotherJayne posted:

Waiting for them to patch in more resolutions, end my 2560x1440

Yeah fair enough; it is rough around the edges technically, but given it's largely a game about meetings (gently caress yes), that hasn't impacted my enjoyment much.