Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

how well known is alex jones outside the internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I was reading the backlog of GOP posts and this was amazing

Montasque posted:

Just post this at her:

https://twitter.com/immolations/status/750088625556189185

If she bolts it wasn't meant to be.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

drat he really gets it

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So he's retarded right? Like genuine mental retardation?

no he just really wants to be the guy from network

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

snorch posted:

Google "info wars dot com"

and hell, google ron paul while you're at it, just cause

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

there's faking it, and there's faking it, you know? does he really want to be the network guy, yes. is he really the network guy, probably not.

I mean, he's for real, but in a certain kind of obviously stylized way

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

Somebody should rip off the Mao Tse Tung Hour considering we already have too many Beales
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuqvlMxfGA4

man what a rad movie

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

big
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-q2AcIZjDw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-q2AcIZjDw
personally I think rove was in on it

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

:falseflag:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

people try to tell me Alex Jones is legit and not a :falseflag: but then I see stuff like this

looks like a shady power hungry globalist to me

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Alex Jones is maybe the only right wing artist/entertainer who isn't entirely stifled by cowardice and perverse attachment to their own perceived dignity, while also having an earnest and energetic passion for what he does. He's actually saying something pretty valuable about the world, albeit unintentionally. I don't mean all the actual conspiracy BS, the valuable thing about Alex is almost entirely in his act.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

right wing performance art is essentially mainstream now - and I'm not talking about Rush or Milo or Alex, because after all what is Donald Trump if not a performance artist?

what's so valuable about Alex is that he's so much more honest, earnest, and powerful than the rest of them, while still maintaining (only) the most tenuous possible grip on his sanity. that's what the best art is!

alex is good.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

look obviously right wing crazies are going to exist whether alex jones 'gives them a voice' or whether they 'gave him an audience', it's a real phenomena and we can't pretend it isn't.

I just want to say I very much respect his craft, even if I find the ends horrible

Mia Wasikowska has issued a correction as of 08:07 on Aug 10, 2016

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Jewel Repetition posted:

It's absolutely fair to hold Alex Jones accountable for what his fans do because he preys on mentally unbalanced people and encourages them to go crazier.

In the cold light of day I can't deny it... And there's a lot about Mr. Jones I still don't know. I supposed I'd feel very differently if someone I cared about was wrapped up in his lunacy. It would all be a lot less funny.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

But I don't and it is,

Rofl

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

His mode of expression is as far as I'm concerned the most perfect and accurate way to talk about this election. Even if what he says is wrong and bad, the mode is so perfect, I can't get over it.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

:same:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

69 million.. nice

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

this is so much better than the one with jimmy fallon capering around like a fool

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lol i love the reverbed pop sfx

this election has really opened my eyes about video editing

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i just wanna say, todd dracula, you are doing some nice work buddy

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I think he's mostly copying the vic berger style but he's doing it really crisply, so, you know, well done

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

zeal posted:

vic is in turn a part of the greater tim & eric continuum, we all stand on the shoulders of giants, etc.

yeah tim and eric's editor uh 'Doug Lussenhop' is a genius

he made this thing about pat robertson and sex w/animals I can't find but it was really funny

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

if someone here has that let me know, i know yall are into that poo poo

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

this is probably the only moment in video games that can be legitimately called cinematic

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

oh also the 'perhaps the same could be said of all religions' speech probably also counts

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

I'm an atheist thanks to SOTN.

same except i'm a dracula and I worship the devil. it's why I keep tabs on alex jones, we are foes locked in eternal combat

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Al! posted:

Is he deliberately hitting the book and missing the phone? Is this a hoax????? ALEX JONES KNOWS SOMETHING!!!!!!!!! AUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHH

i'm not one to call for emotes, but we really need a :falseflag: by now

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

cronenberg owns

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i feel this

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

someone make it happen

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

same profoundly

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

oh yeah?? well i'm an explorer, b*tch

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

sex, well, i dunno but he likes to have children.

v unfortunate since that is a sin but oh well

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

murk the kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

40 million sounds liike bs., but hey good for him ,whatever

• Locked thread