Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I am not usually a mobile anything player, and this ap refuses to connect to the server. It just gets to the man walking off a dock screen and times out infinitely. :(

I just wanted to set this up and go for a walk, damnit. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

OK, now I'm just getting a "Server is experiencing issues, try back later" message. But tons of people are playing. Maybe it's just Arizona? :raise:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I've left this thing on, on my desk, for several hours with no hits. Going to have to go trekking after work I guess.

At least it WORKS today!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Friend Gyarados is simply telling this man to please be more careful, because he is about to walk off the pier.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

How the hell do you turn the AR stuff off because it crashes my phone every time it tries to load, which means I am literally incapable of catching anything.

Using the husbands phone with my account I can catch whatever waddles by but mine is apparently too old to handle loading pidgeys. And there's no option in the settings to turn that off.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Fullhouse posted:

This is a problem if the game also crashes whenever you go to catch a Pokemon

I tried to find this setting too because my rear-facing camera doesn't work (meaning it defaults to the selfie camera and I am presented with my horrible face and a weedle on top of my head) but I guess they didn't consider this would happen. As a workaround you can probably deactivate your camera in Apps or whatever and it might just default to being turned off. it could also default to crashing still, but I can't think of a better way to do it

It really is a problem! Though your problem is at least more funny than fun-destroying.

I guess I'll just have to abuse hubby's battery life until we update our phones again.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'm sure there will be a way to suggest or add pokestops and gyms in the future, (might auto-populate too, based on user frequency). While I doubt we'll see more features like trading or whatever, that needs to happen for people who live in areas that weren't Ingress locations, and I'm sure once things settle down it will.

Sucks to be in one of those areas for now though, for sure.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

South Phoenix is blue territory though red is trying to make influxes. I'm too low level to help with the gym battling yet but the park behind my apartment complex has two gyms and twenty people in it from sundown until around midnight. Lures are up pretty often too.

No one wants to do anything in Phoenix before 8pm, it's pretty hilarious.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

So I'm really behind the curve on this game due to not being able to play until evening walks in the park. Level 11, my best pokemon being a 436 Pigeot I evolved a while ago. I'd sort of given up on ever being able to play the gym game since people are in their 20s by now and the park is always guarded by lvl 1100 Arcanine and similar things, but today I decided what the hell and threw Pigeot into the fray, backed up by some growlithes and raticates and one very confused Jynx.

I BEAT IT. I BEAT THAT STUPID DOG INTO NEXT WEEK.

I only held the gym for about 3 minutes, but it felt good guys. It felt good. And I got my trainer coins too.

So yeah even if you feel like you're too behind to play with the gym bosses, give it a shot and see what happens.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Monday_ posted:

The only thing better than catching a Snorlax is catching one on the first ball.

I did this.

Was in the passenger seat of the car on the way home from the park where there's a couple lures going most evenings, a CP ??? Snorlax spawns in the driveway on our way out. I laugh, thinking, welp, no way in hell I get this one. Throw a single pity pokeball.

The motherfucker catches. 850 Snorlax chilling in my inventory. My next highest was like 400.

I about lost my mind.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

So I'd been seeing this Psyduck shadow pop at home now and then but never ran across it, I finally saw it pop on the side of the road next to the freeway on ramp. All I can think now is that Psyduck was panhandling his way across the desert to California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Obese Janissary posted:

I don't know about any good ones, but Tempe marketplace and Paradise valley both suck.

The main strip for downtown mesa is full of stops though, which is nice.

Mill Avenue near the University is absolutely nuts for pokestops but it's not indoors. If you're just looking to stay in the AC while hitting pokestops you usually end up driving slow enough down the main strip to hit every stop. (As a passenger, I do not endorse poke-driving.)

Arizona Mills Mall and Fiesta Mall are both barren wastelands. Part of the issue is you get no bars inside the big box buildings on your phone so you'll find eevee's in the parking lot and nothing inside.

The golf resort across from Fry's in Tempe has a ton of pokestops too but it's all outdoors. Still that's a nice area to go walking in, it's very pretty.

I've heard there is a magical place called Tempe Town Lakes but have not gone there yet myself. (I have heard there are Magikarp nests.)

• Locked thread