Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I just got this. Please tell me I'm not the only person who got stuck in the first room.

Those stupid windows didn't look interactable at all, and all the stuff in the room that was interactable tricked me into thinking a key would be hidden somewhere if I could just figure out the incredibly elaborate puzzle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
One crossbow bolt to the head will remove it and then an air assassination to kill once it's trivial to get close to them.

If you can't get close at all a single grenade will kill once the head is off.

Ones that are "sleeping" or headless can be totally ignored as long as you don't get loud nearby.

There's a panel on one leg that can be rewired to make them friendly.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 1, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Crappy Jack posted:

This is pretty par for the course as far as VA work goes, really. I mean, the guy who played Kellogg in Fallout 4 didn't even know that he was in a Fallout game.
Voice actors were a frequent source of leaks so developers started telling them less.

One of the main points of the dispute in the VA union strike was actually about this.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 2, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It looks like there's a second non-lethal option for Delilah, since when I did the one the game walks you through there was a failed objective for "find another way to deal with her." Google just found other people asking about this on gamefaqs and reddit, does anyone know what it is?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
For a stealth game framerate doesn't matter too much, so I'd say the fact I could get 20fps on my creaky old 770 at 1080 and high/medium settings was "fine."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Luca: If you talk to the real duke first, he will go agree with the plan, and then walk over to the nearest alarm bell and ring it, summoning the guards. 100% calm throughout.
Wait, is it random where the real duke and double spawn? In my game the duke was outside the main building with a dog and 2 guards right next to him and there was no way I could talk to him without being attacked.

Well okay it's possible to knock them all out, but since the double only had a single guard who paths really far away from him it was easy to tell who to talk to first and I thought that was deliberate.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

GotLag posted:

The first sequence in this video comes to mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWSIHC2lvn4
How is he getting Jindosh away from his two clockwork guards in the lab? Even when I did a silence achievement run he was there with them.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

3Romeo posted:

Shadowalk was pretty cool, I guess? But mostly I just used it to squeeze through small vents. I never really tested how invisible it made you.
it makes you invisible unless you're directly in front of someone in melee range, so you can just crawl up to guards from the front and stealth incapacitate them while they're surprised. It's pretty convenient if you can't avoid approaching someone from the front, but with Dishonored level design that's fairly rare.

Still, I mostly invested in domino, far reach, and shadow walk my first stealthy low chaos play through and was pretty happy with them.

Really Domino by itself is so ridiculously powerful you can pair anything with it and do fine.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 27, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I liked the reveal that the Outsider is just some guy accidentally empowered by ancient cultists who meant to sacrifice him and he really does just hand out superpowers because he's bored.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Apr 2, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Neither of the things you mentioned appear in the rest of the game (except the occasional clockwork soldier, but they're really easy to deal with - just snipe the head and then sneak past or jump assassinate them), so I guess not?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Argh, I painstakingly nonlethaled the first mission in Death of the Outsider before learning there is no chaos system any more. I wish the game told you that up front.

That and the full regen mana system are great changes though. I was one of those people who carefully avoided wasting even a pixel of mana and couldn't even pick up 90% of the blue elixirs because my brain is that kind of broken.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Zzulu posted:

I played this game and got the upgraded "drag" power where you can drag everyone to you and oneshot them immediately. Unfortunately this made the game, which was already not very challenging, without challenge at all. I'd just wade into a new area and slaughter everyone in like 10 seconds. This game is not very good unless you force yourself to try and stealth it
I'm having a hard time thinking of a stealth game where this isn't true.

Slaughtering everyone in elaborate ways with your huge arsenal of toys is certainly an intended playstyle in Dishonored. My advice is to play the whole game two or three times.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Wow, I was very glad I decided to pick up the charged shot upgrade before the last level of DotO.

• Locked thread