Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

GotLag posted:

If you play as Corvo there's the slight problem of Emily's lack of development from inattentive playgirl to concerned ruler who understands the empire - she just gets frozen and wakes up after Corvo fixed it all again

You mean, she gets frozen and stays that way because Corvo leaves her a statue because that way she'll be safe forever while he rules as Corvo the Black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

It's 3pm CST right now and Steam is telling me: 'Available: September 14 This game will unlock in approximately 8 hours', so I assume midnight EST.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

ladron posted:

I am currently looking for the key to get this, is anyone knows where it is..

The key is on a corpse floating underneath the boat.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Bogart posted:

If you're trying to get the contract for silent infiltration on mission three, don't turn off the electric floor in the basement. The Sentinel, apparently, is smart enough to recognize something is up and it means EVERYONE ELSE WAKES UP.

You can just kill the Sentinels and it won't wake them up or fail the objective. I did it with drop assassinations.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

ladron posted:

you got to put the numbers, in order, including the one with the keys just skip over it like you put the numbers in and continue with the next set on the next one.

Specifically:

1: 011
2: 235
3: 813
4: 213 These don't get entered because the regular lock has been replaced with the key lock.
5: 455
6: 891

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

ladron posted:

if you really want to know.... go to the other side, where the guy is sleeping at the desk, jump on the rail by the security door, and flick a pearl at the button that moves the vault. this takes many many many reloads.the vault will move upstairs and you can bypass that whole floor, so you never have to wake the dude up. there's an achievement for doing the whole level without disabling any security or waking anyone up

edit shooting an arrow at the button pushes it right away, but wakes everyone up

Alternatively, the route that gets the 'Party Crasher' achievement can also will get you The Perfect Crime, because dropping a whiskey glass will wake every guard in the building, but smashing the vault down into the basement does not.

Use Foresight+Displace to get past the Wall of Light by the elevator. You will need to run the foresight up to the second floor windows so your displace path won't cross the wall of light. Take the elevator up to the third floor. Get the Vault Key and loot whatever else you want. Go back into the elevator and go up through the hatch and you'll see a maintenance room. From there you can drop the vault into the basement and then loot the vault at your leisure. Watch out for the arc pylon in the maintenance room.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

You get a tool from the maintenance room, drop down the shaft to the top of the vault, and then disconnect the vault so that it crashes down into the basement. You can do this from the vault's initial position.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Mymla posted:

Does death of the outsider have a clean hands achievement?

There's a ghost achieve for going the whole game without being detected, and there's an achievement for completing a level without killing anybody, but there is no achievement for going the whole game without killing anybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

IMJack posted:

Envisioned are bastards. I barely managed to kill one, and I had lots of room to dodge backwards until I finally knocked it down. Is there a way to stealth-kill those loving things?

I don't know about Stealth kills, but if you're willing to take the health hit you can displace into one of them and then get an instantkill off on it while it's stunned from the displace.

• Locked thread