Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

OK,just submitted my solider. Just hope he's good enough. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Jade Star posted:

gently caress I ran into a problem already. So the resistance warrior look is not available to me in the character pool because it's based on equipping a different set of armor, like you saw me do in the video. I figured it'd just be cosmetic and not be a problem. Well i was wrong. So to those of you who picked resistance warrior armor types I'm going to put everything else in, and then probably dress you with a dumb helmet or other identifier and put you in my notes as someone that needs to be changed if they get hired. Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion if you show up wearing a bright pink voodoo hat or something at first.

e: more updates as i make mens. The bin file import poo poo is realllly easy. Even I can figure it out. If you own the game and make a dude, totally email the bin file.

Oh,I see. In that case,can I just make my guy in the game then email it to you? Or is it too late?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Jade Star posted:

Do it. Send it in. If you already submitted a plain text entry but would like to send a .bin file in for exactly what you want then please do it and include in big letters in the mail that the bin file is to replace a previous entry. Please tell me the name of the soldier that is being replaced, as that what it sorts by in game.
Alright. Just sent the .bin for my replacement.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 11, 2016

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Lunethex posted:

He's just using Capnbub's head gear.

Well,sheet. My guy uses a bit of the ADVENT Armor Mod. Whelp,back to the drawing board. :sigh:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Canuck-Errant posted:

He also said he's open to using cosmetic mods, so long as they don't change gameplay, so... make sure you link the mod to make it easy, I'd say.

Oh,I linked it in my email. That's a huge relief. :toot:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Jade Star posted:

Dont worry about it if you already submitted it. I too ran into the problem of not being able to delete a nickname entry. I hadn't considered you were exporting a premade soldier that had already been ranked up through gameplay and thus already had a nickname.

For those of you wondering about the character pool, as of this post i am 71 entries in and i swear that 50% of you picked the laid back attitude. and about 40% of you picked twitchy. So i am concluding that goons are either too lazy to worry about anything, or anxious as gently caress about everything.
Go ahead and change mine to Intense,if you want.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

SgtSteel91 posted:

You said you would be using some cosmetic mods, does that include the Capnbubs Accessories Pack?

I believe Jade already confirmed that he's using that mod. Along with any cosmetic mods that aren't spergy.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Man Whore posted:

With Capnbubs accessory pack you can turn all your men into the genome soldiers they were destined to be!

This also helps with that.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Oi, boss, I gots news
Da boyz are gettin restless
Need some gitz ta stomp

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! :orks101:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Awesome,the LP has officially started! I just hope my email got through. :ohdear:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Bruceski posted:

What are you talkit? That guy is totally human. He even wears sunglasses at night like humans do.

That's just F.A.N.G. from SF5; after Bison "died",he stopped soaking his hands in...whatever the gently caress that toxic poo poo is?Grape Jelly? And joined ADVENT. First thing they did was give him gene therapy, finally allowing his balls to drop. That's my headcanon,anyway.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Veloxyll posted:

Also unconciousness is a giant pain. I can stop people bleeding to death, but can't wake people up?!

You need the Revival Protocol for that. Don't know if I need to spoil that,but just in case.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Cythereal posted:

IIRC, Bradford spent most of the last 20 years as a drunk hobo living in a shack in Idaho pointing a shotgun at the door. The dude doesn't have the best people skills.

I actually don't like the story or setting of X-COM 2 at all for the next game in the setting, and the characters are one of my quibbles versus Enemy Unknown: everyone seems much less likable than the Kirk-Spock-McCoy trio of Bradford, Vahlen, and Shen in 2012.

I dunno,Lilly's got her moments. Tygan's as boring as a stick,though.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

ulmont posted:

Yeah. Enemy Within is actually the aliens running scenarios to see how the resistance might handle advent mecs and genemods.

So it's basically MGS 2. Minus A.I. Vahlen saying "I need scissors,61."

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Now make him a Ranger,for accuracy.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Jade Star posted:

Hitler had a rocket launcher and spare TU's. A sectoid came out, shot at us, and Hitler made a reaction shoot, that hit the back of a soldier and exploded in a cluster of them killing five.

Classic Hitler. :allears:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

So,I checked the character pool. To my relief,my guy is in there. But he doesn't seem to have the ADVENT Armor? Did the JAIDS break it or something? Actually,I don't know the proper protocol for this-should I PM Jade the Steam Workshop link? Or email it to him? Or just leave it?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Let's hope that stupid robot was worth it,Shen! It better be worth it. :cry:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Shen's emotional chat with her father's video message was dampened a bit on my end because to me she always looks like she just smelled a fart. :shrug:

It was probably Lobster,God bless him. :911:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Covok posted:

That would be an amazing addition to X-Com 3: you can revive soldiers in robot bodies so they can continue to serve humanity. :black101:

Even in death,I still serve.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

See,even giant robot sarcophagi can have fun.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Cynic Jester posted:

Julian "Tachikoma" Shen

Count my vote for this,too.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Julian "Number 5"

Only if we play I Need a Hero everytime he deploys.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Why don't we just do a Sudden Death (or whatever you'd call it) where Jade picks the name he hates the least?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

GuavaMoment posted:

Jade was only here for 4 days; he's with Skurpy now for a couple more days. Because when you want to take a vacation, don't most people think "Edmonton and Calgary! That's the ticket!".

Hey,I live in Calgary! :saddowns:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Jade Star posted:

:siren: I missed this in the mission write up post: Duke Nukem needs a nickname.

Duke "King" Nukem

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Who the gently caress made a berserker-skin rug and used it to decorate the armory? There are some serious sickos in XCOM nowadays.

I checked and yeah, the rug on the armory floor didn't appear until after Operation Naked Serpent. Christ.

There's a little bit of Vahlen in all of us.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

I like ChristopherOdds Xcom2 lp stuff. He did a decent breakdown of each class ability and overall he seemed very to the point with his videos.

Yeah,I actually like his attempts at strategizing. Even if he makes rookie mistakes fairly frequently (which the comments love to nag him over),but he's fun to watch.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

GuavaMoment posted:

I got rewarded with a secret character in XCOM

Oh,yeah,I remember that. The ignorant plebs on the wiki thought you were just some Youtube celebrity or something? That's what I remember.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Rick_Hunter posted:

Maybe just give Skippy the music that you're planning on using and have him record his banjo version. Should definitely fly under the radar. :banjo:

But then the video might just get flagged for something completely different. Like the sound of the wind. Of course some corporate prick claims they own the rights to it. That happened in the EW LP,from what I remember.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

When you were talking about how Siobhan got buried, it instantly reminded me of this.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Brainamp posted:

For reference, in Cyanide's Bloodbowl 2 after a player on a team has been in a little over a hundred games, they'll start getting random chances to retire. This is because Cyanide wanted to curb teams filled with legendary players are morons.

For more information look up another great BB2 addition, the Bank Rule.

Blood Bowel Bowl 2 is terrible,roger that.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Shei-kun posted:

We have to take Nova. Shine on, Julian. Shine on so hard you and everyone around you feels searing pain.

Agreed. Julian shall ride the road to Vallhalla,shiny and chrome.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Zanna posted:

Fun fact: in addition to being a variant of Mutons, Berserkers are also all female, going by a comment made by Jake at a PAX panel a couple years ago, as well as some of the in-game text for their abilities.
Now I'm imagining one of the Ethereals integrating the 'serkers into ADVENT like this:

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 31, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Sorry,just seemed pretty appropriate based on context.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Zebrin posted:

But if you don't watch them live, the only other thing to talk about up there is moose.

Well,there's also our lovely Prime Minister. Speaking from experience.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Lime Tonics posted:

something something, wrong neighborhood.

He died on the way to his home planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Night10194 posted:

I am unreasonably excited to see a Battle Brothers LP.

There was one by HerpicleOmmnicron5, but it petered out quickly.

• Locked thread