Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
allegedly my dick and balls are stuck up my own rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

mistermojo posted:

thats good, I wish I could take credit

idgi
Edit: oh, a meme. welp

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 15, 2021

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Lmao Slant isn’t a meme it’s an old timey slur for Asian people in the US

yea i think its more likely they were alluding to the poster being a virgil texas burner account than just being blatantly racist

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Proust Malone posted:

“Operation Paperclip but you’re sounding with a paper clip” adds to the list of chapo phrases that got me in trouble for laughing out loud and being demanded to know what was so funny.

This made me so uncomfortable I had to stand up and walk around

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

I could have sworn he was alluding to Protestants thinking the Catholic church was bullshit but continuing to be Christians anyway but I was only half listening

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

i just wanna point out that doc evil is this guy and hes great gently caress the haters
https://youtu.be/t3r51QI4Ctw

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

i guess i havent quite memorized the chapoverse afterall; who is Bust Rodd?

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

the point hes making is that we either take it seriously and do a for-realsies-this-time lockdown and pay people to stay home and actually flatten the curve or we come out and admit that we dont give a poo poo but this half assed smoky the bear approach where you scream at the vaccinated guy in the grocery store for not wearing a mask is pointless and stupid

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Oh yeah, I mean, we shouldn’t have to wear masks, absolutely! Our leadership failed us, or capitalistic blood leech of a healthcare system was never gonna manage COVID, we all should have just gotten enough money to stay home.

I think for me it’s just, like, every word spoken against masks and that sort of thing seems like wasted breath, when you should just be holding the administration accountable and making the issue about our failed leadership, not about how masks may or may not help or they may or may not be theater, because all of that is the same superficial bullshit that engenders rank-breaking, that divides us plague-afflicted people instead of bringing us together to unite in our Hatred of Trump and Biden (who is absolutely making things worse, I’m sorry, but it’s true).

holding accountable lol ill be sure to give barrack a talking to at his birthday bash

edit: goddamnit its Bust Rodd

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

If I have to go back to wearing a mask, that sucks, but so be it. I just hate all this apple-polishing dorkwad poo poo where everyone is eager to congratulate themselves for being a good liberal who do the good thing. Like, all the " smol bean heckin pupper wants u to plz wear a mask uwu" bullshit is insufferable. Somebody posted "plz wear a mask" flyers up and down my commute, done in a cutesy zine style. I was grateful when a thunderstorm washed them away.

And then there are the people who will follow someone through Wal-Mart yelling at them if they don't have a mask on. Don't seek out confrontations with other crazy people in public, for gently caress's sake.

I'll wear the mask for the protection of myself and my spouse, but the rest of you can go to hell. We're past the point where wearing a mask out of civic duty has any chance of making a difference for anyone but yourself and your household. We were also never at a point where a face mask in your social media profile made a difference in anything but your self-regard.

this, basically. anyone that doesnt understand that 1)wearing a mask sucks and 2)it is insufficient on its own to actually end the pandemic is delusional.

for the same reason veganism hasnt ended animal agriculture; you cannot shame campaign your way into total social compliance
the onus is on the state to end a structural problem, not individual actors

edit: to clarify, i do wear a mask in the presence of others out of courtesy for people who may not have the ability to get the vaccine, but not because i think it will flatten the curve (in fact they are still rising in my area)

if any of you feel the need to scream at a stranger for not being a good boy, direct that vitriol at your shithead representatives instead for not paying people to stay home

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 4, 2021

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

wait you mean to tell me the neapolitan haired vote face chick and trimmed neckbeard sidekick are just performatively grifting libs? shocked pikachu

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

I love the idea of Means TV but I find all their content to be extremely cringe or disgusting

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Slanderer posted:

I couldn’t think of a shorthand for “divorced chick energy”

how about "normal human woman"

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Pharmaskittle posted:

lol you loser, nobody would have been mad if you were like "everyone makes the same, we're gonna be as egalitarian as we can but I'm steering this ship"

isnt this literally what he did and people are mad anyway?

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

If you’ve ever spent anytime abroad, going back to American meat & produce quality and American portion sizes after living in an Asian country is loving nuts. It really opens your eyes to how we cram sugar and milk and corn into absolutely everything and how we train people to become lard buckets by feeding them 2-3 times a normal human portion at every meal. I haven’t lived there for nearly 12 years but the time I spent in Japan was inarguably the healthiest I’ve ever eaten and I still think about the fried chicken and duck and pork I ate over there and how nothing here has ever tasted that good.

i already struggle to regularly get 3600 calories a day with american portions how tf does an adult man stay sane eating what i assume must be 8 times a day

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

why do you need 3600 calories a day

because of my height weight age activity level and weight gain goal

poo poo even if youre just sedentary 30 year old maintenance calories is like 2400

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Gripweed posted:

If you're like, 6'4"

:smug:

Gripweed posted:

But how the gently caress is eating 3,000 calories hard? Just get a milkshake.

try doing it every single day without breaking the bank, it sucks rear end

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Heath posted:

I think the implication is 3,600 calories of not trash food

It's easy to eat 3,600 calories of milk shakes, less so to eat 3,600 calories of baked chicken and rice

yea exactly, im not dirty bulking at mcdonalds or whatever

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I could do it easily.

how about I serve you 3600 calories of crow

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

my point was that for as much as Felix talks about do you even lift bro I dont see how hes doing anything productive unless he too is eating "american sized portions", is the size of ben shapiro, or eats constantly

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

A normal sized person who goes to the gym every day doesn't need to eat 3,000+ calories a day unless they are literally training for an athletic competition or sporting event and are trying to bulk up. Felix wouldn't''t need to eat two entire rotisserie chickens at his desk playing fortnite just to maintain equilibrium.

But apparently he's a vegetarian? It's totally possible for vegetarians to bulk up and get huge... but it is exceedingly, exceedingly rare, IME, and if all of Felix's protein is coming from peanut butter and milkshakes then yeah he's probably not gonna be turning any heads.

yea thats exactly what I mean, if hes eating some fake meat bean burger for a whopping 400 calories per meal that would get tedious real quick

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Gripweed posted:

The Daily Show under the new guy got far higher ratings than it ever did under John Stewart

according to who, those dogshit rear end nielsen ratings for boomers?

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

i dont know how else to tell you that TV ratings have little more legitimacy than astrology

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

I love that the headline of the article implies there is a problem with misogyny on the left and then several times in the article they point out that there is no evidence that sexism is anymore rampant on "the left" than anywhere else

Absolute baby brained clickbait bullshit

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Tweezer Reprise posted:

admittedly less embarrassing for everyone involved than the time they talked to the tradcath guy (also some about abortion, coincidentally)

well that wasnt supposed to be a conversation among equals as much as it was initially a debate that turned into jesus christ you loving suck plz crawl into a hole

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Honestly I quit listening to Bad Faith because I didnt want a biweekly dose of I Was Right with nearly zero entertainment value
if you wanna go an insane brainworms rant about who said what and who was wrong for what reason but with zero real world stakes, do it on twtitter. why would you expect people to pay to listen to your personal grievances

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

they both suck rear end and no one should pay any attention to either of them
fights dont always need to discover who is "right", they can just exist in a vacuum unobserved like a fallen tree in the woods shrieking for attention and subs

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I think the other person sucks more sorry

yea but you like Asmongold so your opinion on who sucks is worth very little

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

efb

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

lol what a loving moron

"you think your mom dying is bad? what if you lost 10 moms? really makes you think"

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Tweezer Reprise posted:

the actual body of the article doesn't read as that moronic, headlines are stupid on purpose

i cant read it because of the paywall (also i refuse to read them on principle because theyre garbage)

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

papa horny michael posted:

member when will's dad tore felix apart in like a few statements lol

you cant post this and then not include a link wtf

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Proust Malone posted:

Agreed. Turns out the inner psychology is narcissism and bullshit.

yeah but like...we already know this? you cant seriously be a fan of the pod and think representatives are heros, or even necessary

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

i mean personally i fell asleep about 40 mins in im just saying get all bent out of shape about blago's ideology is pointless

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

i passed out like 10 mins after he spun his story about pulling his own little american history x in prison or whatever, just lol

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

oh my god i didnt know how much i wanted more of this

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

who was it that claimed bin laden spent his time online watching hentai and arguing with 9/11 truthers cause i wanna believe

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

tbh i do not remember a word that guest said because he was so loving boring and felix wasnt much better

when both people speaking sound monotonic i just check out (Will is their best interviewer)

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

if yewwwwwww do a redneck thing, yew might be a redneck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

goddamnit the thread moved so fast i thought something big happened and instead its just some dumb loser defending troops from the lightest of ribbing