Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Show's political references are slightly deeper cuts than I'm really able to follow sometimes re politics, but they usually make an effort to explain who a person is and they're super funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

This show makes me want to start a podcast with my friends since we're all raging liberals living in loving Mississippi.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

After weeks of telling my friends to listen to this (it's pretty hard to recommend a podcast to most people), I finally got a text from one like "holy poo poo Chapo is great." Another of my friends was reluctant to start listening because he's concerned his wife, despite holding similarly leftist views, thinks listening to leftist podcasts might set him off and have him try to assassinate a billionaire or something.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

on the patreon, do you get charged for each episode or just once a month?

this makes me very happy. was it posted in USPol?

how many more episodes until they reveal usernames?

Just once a month and pledging gets you the back catalogue of premium eps too, it's a good deal

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

The music choice at the mid episode break killed me

My favorite music insert was the intro from Natural Born Killaz in the second (freeway) Ross Douthat episode.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I've legitimately started saying "Nobody is talking about this" at work and I feel like it's actually an effective phrase.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Ron Jeremy posted:

They opened with a joke about amplifying women's voices then they literally didn't give the women in the room a mic.

I think she was a reporter who was just there as an observer, but I could be misrembering.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Speaking of Alex Jones, is that him when they have one intro where a guy is just yelling about being human and liking to eat and reproduce? Followup question, there's then a bit of just growling and mumbling from the same guy. Are those just edited together clips of Jones between words, I guess??

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

The situation in that subway has become dangerous and unacceptable.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Felix could probably gently caress in gitmo.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

The audio is rough but I'm going to soldier on further into the nightmare.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

It's also the most unlistenable one, unless you like listening to permabanned poster Wardell drone about how irony gave him prodomal schizophrenia

It's really really bad, but I remember there was also one with an otherwise smart and interesting lady guest who had literally the most obnoxious voice I've ever heard purposefully recorded. I can't remember who or which episode, I'm pretty sure I didn't even finish it.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

That's the one. After listening to a little bit, it's not quite as bad as I remember, but still pretty rough

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I wish they'd keep their "what people are saying about Chapo" segment at the end of the show rather than opening with it. It's all still good, I just like the real content up front.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I'd love it if they continued to churn out regular Grey Wolves episodes but also had the hosts put out more solo stuff like this Felix episode where they talk individually about stuff unfiltered whenever they felt like it. Like, I'd like to hear a half hour of Matt by himself talking about growing up in a lovely Midwestern town, or of Will talking about how he found out about his soviet spy great grandfather or whatever he was.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Bryter posted:

Still can't believe Hillary deleted 30k females

She definitely lost way more than that

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Ace of Baes posted:

The dramatic reading was hilarious.

The New Hampshire part killed me. This was a really funny episode straight through.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

If you've watched any tv shows or movies ever, you'll get the jokes knowing that this is Michael Rapaport

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I'm really glad I bought this shirt a few months ago

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

the end of Hillary's career and the subsequent drop in the value of her merch all but guarantees that 75% of the population of sub-Saharan Africa will be wearing remaindered I'm With Her t-shirts by this time next year.

Well duh they call her sister Hillary

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Everyone's signature looks stupid but there are way too many letters in there

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

The Crotch posted:

I've never listened to Scumbag. Why should/shouldn't I?

It's not very political and is much more focused on the various freaks of the internet, at least in theory. It's Felix and some British advertising guy bullshitting usually by themselves about YouTube personalities and the like. It's nowhere near as entertaining to me personally as Chapo, but I'll put it on sometimes at work to have something to listen to. The good content is really front loaded in the early episodes, imo

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Fathers' Jail is a hard place for a man.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Yeah I couldn't stand the first episode of Cum Town, but this guest guy was pretty funny so I'll give it another shot. Is there an episode I should skip to?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I like both Amber and Virgil a lot and I'm glad they're now regular hosts. 2 or 3 dry boys + one of them + a guest is the ideal bench. Anything more is a little crowded. I'd even be happy to see Will steering a show with just Amber, Virgil, and a guest.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Obstacle2 posted:

The older ones, not so much. Once armystrang got two other guys to get in on the podcast the quality skyrocketed. It is real good and accessible now, especially the recent ones.

I'm glad to hear this because I listened to the first few and, while he's a cool guy, I don't think a podcast can be good with only one person unless it's strictly educational. I'll have to start listening again.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

History podcasts work well with a single person. Someone sorta adjacent to the chapoverse has a history of the fall of rome podcast (as a side project, his day job is MMA writer).

Yeah I used to listen to hardcore history sometimes at my old desk job and it was perfectly fine with just Dan "agiin" Carlin.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

It's okay. I listen to them between Chapo episodes as filler. Aside from hardcore history a few years back, Chapo is the only podcast I'd listened to, so the frequent product endorsements are a little grating, but that may be the norm. They seem to all be gradually getting disillusioned with the dems, with Lovett being the most angry.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

500k buys a lot of racist lawn ornaments

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Those were funny. "Let me be clear that these are characters we're playing and not actual threats. I wanna drown you in a bathtub."

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Yeah for the longest time I assumed Felix was just joking about being a spectrum manchild, but uhhhh.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

quote:

- Arthur, who has less depth than a full-length documentary requires -

Probably the most devastating burn I've ever read

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I feel like that would be a really effective and creative insult. Like, don't call somebody a shithead, just say their the sort of guy that eats a kiwi with the skin still on.
People will understand. They will know.

My favorite weird insult I'm pretty sure I heard on chapo is saying that someone shits standing up.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Yeah like they clearly jokingly asked if that permission was fungible and then had to explain to Brandon what that word means because he's their dumbest officially released interview.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Best reading is a three way tie between Caleb Caleb and Caleb

The candy bit might be one of the funniest things I've ever heard. The stdh.txt about boyhungry trans people harassing a lady and salivating over her son at the movies was pretty good too, although I can't recall the writer.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

*copy pastes comments from worldstarandcrescenthiphop.com*

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Jeet rules

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

Fawk yeah, the 'Domian is my favorite recurring Chapo guest, if not my favorite impressionist and comedian in general.

What's his deal outside of chapo, I've never even heard of him otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Chris Matthews