Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Halloween Jack posted:

Regarding the whole Bernie thing: Bernie sucks. This doesn't mean it was wrong to support him in 2020.

After Obama formed Centrist Voltron and it became clear Bernie couldn't win, I saw people making these frantic, frankly childish attempts to say that they never believed in him, he always sucked, blackpill hellworld, etc., because believing in anything is cringe and feeling anything is cope.

I think this is a symptom of people living too much of their lives on the internet, they think every year is like that movie The New Guy where they can reinvent themselves and actually were never uncool or hopeful or backed the wrong horse

it's fine, i knocked on doors for bernie in 2020 and it was disappointing but i don't regret it and i still gets pussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

didn't he used to co-host a show with Brandon Wardell? i wouldn't worry about taking him super seriously lol

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

terrorist ambulance posted:

Anyways oracle desert radio is good spooky podcast with people who are just chill and curious about stuff instead of weirdly aggro about it

can second this, desert oracle rocks

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

the only things that are real are the ones jayz listed on monster

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

It’s real, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays it up a little bit or tries not to lose it.

It's probably this. I'm from Mississippi and I can turn it off pretty easily, but most people seem to like it so I usually just let it flow or even hit them with a silly euphemism they can repeat later. It's fine, it's more natural for me and they get a kick out of it

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

space uncle posted:

“fat titty Amber”

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

"he's not conscious yet but he has been steepling his fingers a lot in his sleep"

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Everyone posting in this thread is my enemy and I will correct each of you in turn

evil Jet Li on top of the ziggurat at the end of The One

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

CUT MY LIFE IN TO PIECES

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Cosmik Slop posted:

Friend of mine posted something on Facebook that had David Brooks talking about the nuclear family. I made some comment about not taking him too seriously, if at all. She responded to the effect of "why, does David Brooks suck?" And in my head I'm think holy poo poo this is not a drill, overwatch you have hostiles in your area, going weapons free

One of the many things that made me decide to get off Facebook several years ago was having to explain to someone that Alan Dershowitz is not an example of a leftist

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Chakan posted:

The ending to The One is among the best things in a movie ever. It rules so loving hard that they did that.

fe: also, the start of the movie where Gore wins in that one alternate universe is so funny.

It ruled so hard, it's one of the few movies I had on dvd back in college when I still had dvds

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Yeah those XTREME FIBER ones or whatever are healthy but still nice and soft like a flour one

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

replace all cis women podcasters with trans women because let's be real, they're funnier and understand video games

edit: the exception is British ones, for some reason it's the opposite there

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

idk im mostly thinking of that British Muslim trans cop

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I think Hesse is the only "______ should be fourth mic on Chapo" opinion I agree with. She's the only one who is both funny and has a dynamic that would mesh well with the other Chapos.

Her and Will's movie podcast is trash but yeah she's a good guest everywhere else I've heard her

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

that's a cute little hat you're wearing, mister shapiro, why don't you come tell me all about it in my trailer?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

It is very funny that someone definitely explained to Barack Obama what the Witcher is, in brief

edit: because he got an official gift of the games from the Scandinavian country they originated in, idr where exactly

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

says more about them than me

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

he thought guitars were 'too Jewish.'

lmfao

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

bro racism is the funniest thing on earth

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

real talk some of the toughest dudes I've ever met have been gay guys from the south, but they're also more honest with themselves than Rod

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

bone is afraid

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Vargatron posted:

Maybe all these CIA operatives are just coming down off molly or percs and their stummy hurts?

the ones who aren't drunks or drug addicts are probably just experiencing guilt and don't know what it is

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

I have eaten at Turkey and the Wolf and it's the only place I've ever seen someone wearing Pod Save America merch. People involved also opened this place in Chicago called Big Kids where all the food had obnoxious names and at night it became "Shiddy Burger."

I used to work walking distance from there on magazine street and never went because it did look very obnoxious

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Turkey and the Wolf makes some good sandwiches

Steins is right there too

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

It was pretty cool watching boogaloo boy stand-ins and uniformed American soldiers doing atrocities on each other, but the rest of the movie was out of my head by the next day.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I haven't listened to the ep yet but I legitimately didn't know what, if anything, the movie was trying to say. War is bad? Idk they sure made it look cool. Journalists are important? They didn't do anything and all seem deeply hosed up and then die. It had about as much to say about anything as that Battle: Los Angeles alien invasion movie

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

It’s funny how the A24 marketing tried to position it as like, the smart version of the Purge movies and instead it’s actually the dumb version of the Purge movies.

the purge is so much smarter than civil war lol, remember they had "the first purge" that was like "yeah of course they'd do murder experiments in black neighborhoods first?" just that premise is more than this whole movie put together

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

right, but i don't think that's what they intended so it was very funny they were outing themselves

Yeah i remember the old black guy being like "I'm sure you understand why I have to get across the country to see the president get executed in person" and thinking no man that sounds crazy and bloodthirsty and THIS is the character we're supposed to think is wise and soulful??

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

Chapo as the morning show, classic rock from 11-2, and them cumtown classic starting at 3 and running until 9pm

you're listening to the buzzaaaaard

it's tj and the f*g in the morning