Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

My campaign MAY NOT BEE a goon project, BUT all we HAD were IDEA GUYS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Counterpoint: "smoothbrain" is a really funny insult.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Chapo Cum Symposium

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Chakan posted:

The retard and autism stuff, the fact they have poor representation (Amber does work, but she's one person, and they don't often have minority guests). It's all stuff like that where the concerns/complaints are legitimate but they're not gonna stop me from listening. Fortunately there are other sources of leftist discussion so you don't have to get angry at them for being three white guys with an amazingly white podcast name forever.

I do wish they'd change the name, but I'm not pushing real hard on that

what exactly would you pushing real hard on that look like

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

The Muppets On PCP posted:

hell frogs to cum town

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I think he's trying to say that anyone who gets offended at spectrum jokes is exactly the kind of liberal pussy who's too concerned with decorum to enjoy the podcast or be politically effective.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I'm honestly conflicted because while I know that calling people retards and cocksuckers is bad, I also laugh when people who I think probably acknowledge that saying those things is also bad but still are willing to do it in a funny way. Kind of like when Louis CK or Artie Lange drop n-bombs in an act or something. I give a lot of leeway when something clearly problematic is said in the context of some sort of artform like standup or posting.

I guess that's kind of what makes Chapo the podcast for me.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with calling someone a cocksucker.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

cheapo ruth chris steakhouse

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

did you know that before wizard of oz, there was no name dorothy? like thats thev first time it showed up

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Under the vegetable posted:

I think​ that's Peter pan and Wendy

Hmmmm pretty sure it's wizard of oz

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Under the vegetable posted:

maybe its bridgeto terabithia

that's also wizard of oz

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

*follows him around the mall shouting questions and scribbling furiously on a clay tablet to post in the acropolis later*

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

I feel like the whole "life without work" discussion frames work in a way that only includes office drones and manual labor or factory work. I'd be a little worried about how those ideas effect jobs like, say, doctors or lawyers. What motivation does one have to become something like that after a few generations where you aren't expected to build toward a career?

I should probably actually read the article.

I feel like those occupations would be ok. Like, yeah, those jobs are prestigious in part because of their salary, but also because they're legitimately considered more "noble" than, say, building cars. How many very competent people would aspire to being a doctor for good reasons, but can't because they need to pay rent in the here and now so they take a job that doesn't satisfy them?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Is everyone really this boring? I've been funemployed for like 6 months and I just gently caress around and watch movies and cook and go to the gym and poo poo it rules.

I was on unemployment with supplemental cash from selling plasma for like a year and it was ok. It would've been a lot easier if I had roommates at the time, but even living alone it wasn't totally awful. I even had enough to buy my cheap liquor of choice, but it sucked knowing if I got even a little sick or had my car break down I was totally hosed.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I've explained bvs as a incel vs volcel and how everyone wants to penetrate superman allegory to a bunch of my friends and they no longer try to talk to me about movies which is frankly the best possible outcome

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Truly the Dragon of Budapest is watching his plan come to... FRUITION! AHA HAHA

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

For me, like executive.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Kurt this proves nothing!!!! Stop!!!! (Don't stop)

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Kurt is the one who did that great "kill yourself sempai" picture at some nazi right? Kurt is the best

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I've only known two juggalos personally and they were some of the dumbest most racist people I've ever known, but if we can turn them into commie cannon fodder or whatever, ok

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

very online people keep acting like jugvalos are ok and my sample size is just two people so I guess it wouldn't hurt me to give them the benefit of the doubt

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I love that Virgil's fake dumb person/nerd voice is basically an impression of himself.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Wicked bad look

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Now do Sum 41, Avril Lavigne, and whatever other bad Canadian bands you can think of

Like Rush?

:can:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Upstairs neighbors, obv

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I'm sure he legitimately feels strongly about stuff, but Matt yelling all the time is starting to feel a little like a performance. I guess the show is more entertainment than anything else, and if people like their screaming stout Midwesterner, ok.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Riding a lawnmower is very relaxing

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

The Cthulu episode was good, but Felix's rapping was so bad I hope they play different characters.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Lord Frisk posted:

The new one is in the 60s. Their characters would all be dead.

Oh I didn't realize. Good.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Just listened to the tabletop episode and the case for Virgil as best chapo just keeps getting stronger. That long ramble was one of the funniest bits ever.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

SPICER is GONE!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Forget it, Jake. It's Cum Town.

Lmao

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I'm a big nerdy rpg lover and I love these episodes

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Lord Frisk posted:

I was also cringing at matts breakdown/cry session. There was a million things he could do there but he decided he couldn't.

Also, hello to all the weirdo leftists I never knew were weirdo leftists from TradGames.

hi

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

MOOCH is GONE!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Mom go on chapo

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007