Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/SenWhitehouse/status/941484131757838337

lmao look at this failson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Mr. Lobe posted:

I dont think that twitter has any ties to DPRK, but I could be mistaken

This is correct, it's a parody account.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
vi deo games

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/OnceUponARoss/status/946398499637252098

lmao

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/arishish/status/948774028042522625

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Beer distributors are great and so are state liquor stores.

Long live Save Mor Beer & Pop.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
You've gotta be loving kidding me, holy poo poo.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Best part of that is the simultaneous belief that invading troops would both sustain only 15 losses AND be subject to attack from chemical and biological weapons.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Trabisnikof posted:

blame social media

https://twitter.com/Ruleyork/status/920139200791547904

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Sounds like in order to fund his life of activism and public advocacy he made a deal with the Devil. Seems fitting.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Join PSL

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I visited the LinkedIn page for garland’s company “Competitive Futures” and lol at the “people also viewed”:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Republicans try and succeed to convince people every second of every day through their primary propaganda channels (AM radio, Fox News, Breitbart) and through their mass organizations (NRA, white Evangelical churches).

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
It would own if chapo purged Amber just for schismatic entertainment purposes.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/mattvbrady/status/949446803438497792

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

little munchkin posted:

Actually ICP started the "ninja" thing themselves to get their white fans to stop referring to themselves using the n-word

This is also why the DSA started the “comrade” thing.

Edit: beaten like three posts up lol, sorry

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

HolePisser1982 posted:

*leans in through window* Chimpout's Wogcast was actually pretty solid this week if you guys are interested

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
And then the Nazis were owned by Felix’s wit and logic, and then everyone started clapping

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
We need to recruit tedious social outcasts who everyone bullies and hates

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Everyone who says sportsball is a social retard who should be murdered.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Criticizing the NFL and even football as a sport are both fine. Use of the word "sportsball" is an immediate signifier of worthlessness, I'm sorry.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I'm glad the football team bullied the creative writer for Magic: The Gathering.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I just realized I haven't listened to the show in like a month lol.

Have they had any good activist / academic guests? Those are my favorite episodes. (Like the Davison eps, R.L. Stephens, Karina Moreno, etc).

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's hard to compare the two, because Will is usually conducting interviews as part of the show where everybody else is always chiming in, but Virgil is a really good interviewer. Like, Will will asks questions that are jokes, which kinda puts the guest on the spot to come up with a humorous response. But Virgil will weave a joke in with a real question so the guest can do a joke too or just answer the question

I think Will is an excellent interviewer and does the most to keep the show on a relatively serious track.

I've never been the biggest Virgil fan but I will listen to his Hawaii interview, thanks everybody!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

cenotaph posted:

I can sympathize a bit since I didn't like football when I was a kid because it was marketed around a type of masculinity I wasn't interested in adopting. I found it gross. In my 20s I watched football pretty regularly when I got more interested in the strategy. Now I find it unwatchable because of the commercials, jingoism, and nobody can decide what the gently caress a catch is.

I have the exact same complaints. When my team isn't playing I can't even watch anymore.

When they are, it's more of a family thing for me so I'm able to ignore the bullshit and have a good time with my cousins and texting with my family & high school friends.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

prefect posted:

Is Al Giordano a crazy person all the time?

It really does appear that his brain broke. Like two or three years ago he was at least comprehensible and had some okay commentary on Latin American politics, particularly US-Central America relations.

Based on watching the quality of analysis and language faculty diminish, I am convinced that he is in the throes of some kind of aging-related brain degeneration. Sad in a way but he seems like a huge prick so whatever.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Another odd thing about him - in mid to late 2015 he was ferociously anti-Hillary. He objected to her role in the Honduras coup and generally said her history of low-level corruption was disqualifying.

He backed O'Malley to the hilt at that time, and iirc was hoping for Warren to enter.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Plus “no war but class war” was conceived and deployed as an antiwar slogan, not as a cheap rhetorical dismissal of organizing communities based on concerns relevant to specific identity groups. It cheapens and perverts it used in this way.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
When the privilege is gay >

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Neon Belly posted:

Seabiscuit was a tankie.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
It’s fine though, for every FlamingLiberal they lose they’ll pick up two moderate Republicans in the Philadelphia suburbs.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Truly amazing.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

The Chad Jihad posted:

Is he banned from twitter again?

Haha holy poo poo he is

Not sure what happened this time

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

a cyberpunk goose posted:

It’s the Cum Town cookbook

no that's mein kempf

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Interview with Will's dad is pretty neat.

He mentions that one of his brothers is named for Robert Owen and describes Owen as "I think one of those Midwest utopians." I had only ever seen him referenced in a British context and with respect to his influence on European left wingers (in particular Karl Polanyi) but as it turns out he did, in fact, attempt to forge a utopian community in Indiana in the 1820s before returning to the UK.

Welp, see ya.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Will's grandpa definitely helped assassinate Trotsky.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Any time someone brings up the szechuan sauce thing, I become enraged anew.

With all the horrible and stupid poo poo in the world I know it's perfectly irrelevant but something about it just irks me like no other.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

MikeCrotch posted:

how does it make you feel that McDonalds has created a 3 part podcast about the szechuan sauce incident

lmao no loving way

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
shut up nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Saw a dude with this cool stolen valor hat on the other day