Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Hugely in favour of the model train test for candidates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Amber seems traumatised to have encountered someone from outside of Brooklyn.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

lol Episode 1. Every candidate in the debate for Homie County Recorder of Deeds was an ardent leftist.

From that list it seems like the defining trait of leftist media is "knowing Felix Biederman"

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

jfc everyone in this is noxious

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Jon Schwarz episodes are really interesting

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
That seemed like a weird idea, I cannot imagine some random New Yorker calling up and telling you to vote Labour would go down all that well in Glasgow South West or Hastings & Rye.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Are all these people Pell Grant recipients who started a small business in a disadvantaged community 2.5 years ago or something. How the gently caress can anyone be that enthusiastic about Kamala Harris?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Felix as an Arsenal fan is very funny but also I don’t understand why it’s a thing at all

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Falling for it? They very deliberately constructed it.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
He is going to be so crushed when Biden ends up getting the nomination. All of their predictions seem to depend on Biden's campaign sort of just evaporating. There's lots of obvious reasons that it should do just that, but not a lot of evidence that it actually will.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Watched the film, Virgil is a national treasure

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
This is so loving funny

https://twitter.com/charles_kinbote/status/1229085483369627649

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
why would they deny us this content

https://twitter.com/saywhatagain/status/1232095655906033664

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Even though I'm not convinced by it I can see where the accusation of sexism against Chapo could come from. But where the gently caress does the racism thing come from? Why are these people all so convinced Chapo is racist, to the point where they just say it and its accepted as true without any question?

Is it purely "Racism is bad and Chapo is bad Q.E.D. Chapo is racist"

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
This is good if you want some prime Matt Christman

https://twitter.com/TheWestWingThi1/status/1234873251353919488?s=20

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1236784615832117251

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Getting engagement numbers that low with 43k followers is quite impressive.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Everyone just assuming these tweets aren't from Liz smh

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
That was Barfsack coming down from the mountain for 10 minutes to actually make that happen.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

OctoberCountry posted:

So does this commentary ever get funny or interesting?

It's not very good. I don't understand how they did this episode without Virgil.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Felix's sister is very funny

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I thought Amber's point was okay when she boiled it down - basically you will never get anywhere by trying to rebut disingenuous allegations, the only answer is to discredit the press that's making them in the minds of voters.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Listening to Blowback, it's very good and incredibly rage inducing.

The public rehabilitation of the the loving criminals involved in Iraq is a scandal. Systematic evil on a scale that Trump cannot hold a candle to and it's just been memory-holed.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

2020 is exactly stupid enough for a Balkan crisis to break out over Felix's race science on a podcast review of NBC's The Slap.

Is Felix actually Turkish or does he just feel an affinity with the strength and moral rectitude of the Turk?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Branson being himself is basically indistinguishable from an E1 character.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/01/opinion/bill-de-blasio-jewish-funeral.html

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1256287605425045505

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

AnEdgelord posted:

I think the real problem is that the Virus is sucking all the oxygen out of the room and every news cycle that isn't about Joe Biden's rape is about Covid, and I don't think the boys want to be reduced to being a podcast that just does weekly Covid updates so they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for something, anything else to talk about

It's just this. Today's episode is hilarious because they've got Venezuela to talk about.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I’m here for really audibly doing coke mid-episode

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Okay man, I made the post because the loud snorting sounds in the middle of the episode made me laugh but I also feel appropriately owned for saying large company graduate recruitment is quite random?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The Chapo to fash pipeline is just unstoppable

https://twitter.com/saywhatagain/status/1268558753756000262

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I quite enjoyed listening to the latest episode but can't say I came away from it with any idea of what Matt's ideas and suggestions actually are beyond that posting isn't praxis.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The posts were absolute dogshit but Reddit's justification for it is still laughable.

quote:

Remember the human. Reddit is a place for creating community and belonging, not for attacking marginalized or vulnerable groups of people. Everyone has a right to use Reddit free of harassment, bullying, and threats of violence. Communities and people that incite violence or that promote hate based on identity or vulnerability will be banned.

They repeatedly promoted hate against vulnerable people that identify as cops and billionaires.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I wonder what percentage of listeners actually have any idea what Felix is talking about when he says to go and sign up for a better forum than Reddit that maybe has a $10 entry charge

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The post-election issues polling has indicated that Labour were completely hosed no matter what. For whatever reason, a huge swathe of their traditional base (mostly northern, working class voters) is obsessively, militantly committed to Brexit happening to the exclusion of literally all other issues. There was no way of appeasing them without taking a firm pro-Brexit stance and completely alienating all the liberal types the party also needs who are equally as opposed to Brexit.

The only chance was if they could make the election about something other than Brexit in the minds of voters, which they did very effectively in 2017 but really failed on in 2019. There was no possible compromise position other than getting people to forget about the issue a bit.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The west wing thing with Matt is by far the best one. That psychotic 9/11 episode is an incredibly rich seam.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Taibbi's whole assertion that when he was coming up the capital-N News used to be straight-talking reporting the facts as seen and leaving conclusions to the reader seems like Sorkin-level bullshit.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm usually an Amber fan, but this episode is a mix of Taibbi being provocatively interesting even if I don't completely agree with him and Amber saying incredibly loving stupid things.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
McKay barely even says it’s good, he says it’s a character piece that says nothing about the Iraq war. He probably knows the people that made it and is being polite. What the gently caress are they meant to “push” him on.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
This Dershowitz movie episode is incredibly flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
It just seems like an extended Will film school monologue on a movie that's not bad or weird enough to be interesting, with Felix chipping in something funny every five minutes. I get why they'd pick this to talk about but it didn't really work out as very interesting.