Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Any Xbros going to be on tonight? I feel like shooting things. Got two MMA fights to watch first.

Also shouldn't we add the Xbro excel name sheet to the OP?

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Well my second Xbox One did its party trick today and bricked during the update. I literally spent from ten to five today trying to fix it. I swear to god if I wasn't so invested in all my friends being on the Bone I'd switch. I borrowed my Dad's Xbone for while I figure out the multiple problems my second bone has. Oh and playing Overwatch with you guys last night was fun. Right now I'm installing updates then I'm going to spend the night gaming.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

The Meat Dimension posted:

Real loving Olympics right here

A true thing of beauty.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Hey goons, (repost from BF1 thread)

Resident bad gamer here. (Xbone Tag - OldCaptainLog)You might now me as the guy with an irritating parrot or the irritating guy with a parrot if you played XBONE destiny or BF3 for 360. Well, the parrots died and I'm still here bored. Let's play!

Also, if I haven't played with you a bunch please send a message with a friend request. The lack of being able to make groups (to my knowledge) means I loose track of some of my best buds at times. Also my memory is a little hosed.

P. S. I think I received multiple slack invites but my spam filter caught them. Could someone give me a heads up if they send one over?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

It was the multiple messages about apparently being dead that made me realize my stupidity in stopping something I enjoyed.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Super No Vacancy posted:

rip parrot tho

loving for real. I appreciate it.

I miss her every time I play. This was her spot.

P.S. Those of you who I played a poo poo ton of Destiny with that constantly change their gamer tags - you might need to remind me who you are.

Edit - Does someone want to remind me how to embed images? This apparently doesn't work.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jan 17, 2017

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

sinking belle posted:

Right click on the image on that page > copy image address > wrap that in [img] tags.

First time looking at this thread in months and the bizarre grenade-ear meltdown + subsequent Uhhhh Dance My Puppets?? was loving hilarious, A++ would read again

Thanks sir. Copy and pasted to my notes.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Kin posted:

For passing gear on down to any alts I create, am I right in thinking that because it's relatively easy to get to level 40, I should only really start storing gear at the upper 300 levels?

I.e. say I get up to 391 with my first character, rather than just dismantling any lower level gear that drops at like 385 or whatever, I should bank it?

Or when you get to 400, do you pretty much just keep getting 400 gear from strikes and whatnot that you can just pass on directly anyway?

I'd like input on this. I'm at around 350 and need to know if the gear I'm wearing has an effect on the drops. Because if so I'm never doing a Gunsmith quest again.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

TaurusOxford posted:

Once you get to 400, all strike exclusive gear/exotics/crucible drops etc will be 400.

Yes, your light level effects the light level of the gear you pick up. In SIVA heroic strikes, blues can go up to 385.

Just FYI, Iron Banner starts today. Even if you don't like PvP, the game basically shits high level gear at you which makes for easy power leveling.

Thanks man. How much light is worth spending mats for infusing? 351 to 353 worth it or should I wait?

Also before my break I had only missed two Iron Banners. We gonna ball.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

The Meat Dimension posted:

Anybody in Bone Crew get the bungie bounty today?

Do what now?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

This is not an exaggeration because I could count in the system notifications - I had to hard cycle my Bone off NINETEEN TIMES yesterday.

So if any of you were trying to say hello I'm sorry.

P.S. I've had three Bones and sold the first one (bricked out of warranty) and had to system restore the second two from a loving USB drive. The process is mind numbing. You even have to format the USBs drive filing system and if you have a Mac, gently caress you. (I have a Mac)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Whoever recommended the Pallindrome was loving spot on. It's a two to four shot killing beast and I hadn't leveled it yet

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Hearing that without any clue what was going on was hysterical.

Also sweet Jesus it's literally like a different game when I party up with you folks. I'm normally on after the US goon group gets on but before the AUSgoons.

SquirrelGrip, I almost joined up with your pops a few days ago but figured I wasn't high enough.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Getting back in to this rapidly closing game has been fun, but my inability to turn into a frenzy of hate knives is making me even worse at BF1.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

xzzy posted:

It's because all the top posters moved to slack and escaped this dead internet comedy forum.

I'm still not convinced Slack exists.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Only the most liquid of playboys are allowed into the slack.
We only keep bernie around for janitorial purposes.

I'm the God damned comic relief of any group I'm in because of being horrible and having stories about almost loving a human sugar glider.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I got a Palindrome drop from an engram with SureShot IS, HCR, Icarus, and Rangefinder. Is that any good? I don't really ever use/care about hand cannons. Not sure if I should get rid of it or maybe start practicing.

It's a two shot beast if you're accurate.

Four if you're me and not.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Soulex is a quality person and gently caress PS4 for taking him.

(I may have three separate Xbones that have all bricked at various times sweet Jesus it's a horrible console iteration due to the UI)

Also I have sure as gently caress two shotted people with the Palindrome but I don't know when or where.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Soulex posted:

Thanks
Xbone crew still awesome as gently caress
I just got tired of never having anyone to play with via other games and I couldn't handle the time commitment of destiny. I had a lot of real crazy poo poo go on in my life, friends died, I was removed from service, moved, had another kid, and more I'm sure. I'm not back back, but back enough to check the thread and make a lock real fast. He's like 25 or something.

I'll add all you dudes in a minute. Got to let the dogs out and wind down for the day.

If you ever need a late night buddy PM or Xbone Message me. I have a good deal of other games, too.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Did anyone, anywhere, take practical logic in college and learn what makes a fallacy? Saying, "Your Trump Induced Mental Breakdown" qualifies as one! How about you go read something!

All non-American goons, this is a really hosed up time in our country and people are on edge. Sorry in advance.

P. S. Soulex holy poo poo you're right about the friends in the service coming out as racists.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I stay out of D&D for a reason. I'll go back to being old and useless.

Also, my God when you have a low ELO you get absolute garbage in matchmaking in the best way possible. It's magic.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Soulex posted:

Like an SA account

Better than almost loving a sugar glider.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Did I miss something? Crucible seems to suddenly be filled with weapons I've never seen before that are wrecking my poo poo.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Yeah the Secret Hidden Dragon Orchid or what the gently caress ever it is seems to be in the hands of all the 400 light people who smoke my rear end. There's another but I'll have to play later to remember.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Menstrual Show posted:

Primary meta is, in order from most to least popular

- Very low impact pulse (clever dragon, waltz or grasp of malok), ideally with High Caliber Rounds
- Mid impact hand cannon (eyasluna or palindrome) with rifles barrel
- No Land Beyond
- The Last Word

Special meta is, in order of popularity:

- Very high impact shotgun (matador) with rifled or reinforced barrel or one step down in impact if you don't have that (party crasher)
- High impact sniper (1k stare, LDR, Winged Word)
- Saladin's Vigil with rifled barrel
- Crow's Eye sidearm with a damage barrel, or Wormwood archetype otherwise (people have said conflicting things on HCR but it's easy to get one with it while you grind out a waltz)

Heavy meta is:

- Silvered Dread with field scout (this poo poo is far beyond broken)
- Truth
- G&H rocket launcher
- Zombie Apocalypse with a damage mod (props to ABGD for explanation here)
- Bonekrusher / Bane of the Taken with Rifled Barrel

For somebody starting back up right now, I would recommend doing the following:

- grind FWC rep, primarily for a waltz with either perfect balance or smallbore, HCR, and your choice of CB/RF/HH. Save good rolls on the sidearm, fusion, rocket launcher
- buy the vendor palindrome
- grind DO for the shotgun and sniper
- buy the vendor event horizon/get devils dawn from skeleton key chest
- grind archons forge for saladins vigil and the sniper

This is an EXTREMELY helpful post. Genuine thanks.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I actually reported someone for the second time in my seven years. Dude was red barring and over 7k in a non-Rift PVP. I unloaded my auto rifle, then my shotgun, then stabbed him twice with him standing there like a loving dolt. Then I magically exploded.

I still feel guilty for reporting him. What if he was just some poor fellow with a bad connection? Could I send him Peggle to play instead?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Menstrual Show posted:

Uhhhhh I'm pretty sure you're supposed to report them for cheating and bad connection every time you get killed

I have it imagined in my head that if I rarely report people Xbox mods will pay attention more when I use the function.

If you haven't noticed, I have the ability to overthink things just a tad.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Soulex posted:

Hahahahahaha. loving forgot all about PvP in his game. First two matches (waiting until I unlock my skills before I full retard in) and brand new maps. First one was 1.29 K/D. The other was well over 3

PvP is like shooting fish in a barrel right now. Yeah I know my ELO is bad blah blah blah. But either I'm getting better (I'm not) or skilled people are really dropping out of this game.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Google is all over the place with this question and I refuse to delve into loving Reddit - Are they "done" with Destiny and moving to Destiny two officially? I'm curious if it's "finished" outside of some holiday events.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Does anyone over the age of thirteen give a poo poo about the story? I love the game because of the Halo-esque gameplay, item grinding, character progression, and space Barbie dressing. Doing all of that in a community is fun and really shows where Halo Five missed the mark

Have they yet again confirmed no character transfer? I have over ten games I'd like to play through and I'm wondering if grinding at this point is indeed pointless.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

haveblue posted:

They'd better have a solution for cosmetics, though, especially the ones that represent real achievements.

This is precisely all that I care about. If you got to bring your face, ships, and shaders I'd be pumped as hell.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Oh gently caress don't tell me Division got better. I loved the "feel" between the controller, the character, and the environment. The lack of varied aesthetics and fact that no matter what you got, you still looked like a backwoods prepper turned me off. The gear customization also seemed unintuitive and frustrating.

My external hard drive bricked - is it worth deleting a game and re-installing before I get the hard drive replace?

Edit : Also, the bullet sponge enemies made the game really loving hard.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I have a question about the Ishtar Commander app I downloaded - Does it have any mechanism for maximizing your tier?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

PathAsc posted:

I much prefer playing against really good players rather than the redbar bullshit assclowns.

Well, right now it seems to only be super tryhards and twelve year olds and they are in the same clumps because of Destiny's WONDERFUL matchmaking.

This game, which I will continue casually playing regardless, needs a shot in the arm to carry it further.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Soulex, I was about to PM you about grinding some gear together - but you jumped to PS4?!?!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

What's everyone's general opinion about infusing in the grind to 385 then onwards? I need to know if I'm being wasteful with marks and I'm constantly out of glimmer and weapon parts, which used to be a not problem.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Piebald Hell posted:

Holy jesus tittyfuck I have no idea what is going on here.

So uh, how hard will a 260ish LL warlock who's not mastered gently caress-all get laughed out of this thread?

I'm still here, go hogwild.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Soulex posted:

I remember this.

Also Capn. Yes. I moved. I said it like three times lol.

gently caress, sorry. My memory works in a very visual/audio way and the ever changing AVs, Xbox names, Xbox AVs, etc. are tailor made to gently caress with my recollections. I don't forget a voice, or a person, but the names get jumbled.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

hiddenriverninja posted:

I hope Sony players get cool stuff that they just forget to give xboners again.

I will never understand how Xbox lost Bungie. I'm sure I could go read some game dev drama but gently caress THAT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

wintrrmute posted:

Do you remember the Krogers Pizza

It's sad but that could be a prompt for one of multiple stories of mine. But I'm going to say, "Yes."

loving signs all every whicha' way.

• Locked thread