Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thread started so well :(

Except my hot coder wife read the op and said "i dont care about this"

So heres 5,000 words on fire rates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Iton baner back next week
Pulse rifles and sniper rifles
Arms and legses

Alao cosmodrome tour for the RoI streams.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

i was hoping for IB rift. control is so goddamned awful lately. was also hoping salad man would have the hand cannon so i could grind for a better roll. alas. i'll still play plenty of it because duh but still.

Dude gently caress Rift. At least with control a well timed hammers on heavy and to clear b towards the end or something you can solo make the difference to win a game.

Solo rolling in Rift you just lose because pubbies are retarded.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

there are people in this thread who play PvP and solo during IB? my buddy list is lit up during IB week and it takes all of no minutes to get in a party chat. find goons, roll over opponents. enjoy a week of passing out backflip dunk asswhippings.

I'm not good enough to go toe to toe consistently with the top 200 sweaties cheese factory plays with and against and when I do I have to be on my game to just do ok and most of my friends list of active players gets annihilated on my match making.

Theres a couple of guys i play with who drop in and out of destiny from the ausgoon crew who I can form a good team with and its not terrible match making wise, though still pretty poo poo because bungie and other players around the traps I roll with but I'd say 50% of my iron banner time is solo.

So yeah im not a solo play sperg but Rift is a terrible IB mode. Only thing worse would be if they listened to reddit spergs and did mayhem.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

Can't say I've seen many cool playstation gifs

I don't know how to add cool stuffs to the end of mine

I don't think a gif of me cumming in my pants tacked on would be ok either.

I love the enemies pausing looking at where the heavy used to be.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Havent played for like ten days.

New control match making is inconsistent as fuuuuuuuuuck. One minute its all tits and pop tarts next its turds and fingers in the eye.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Avalanche posted:

Haven't played since December. Think my Hunter was at light level 110 or something.

What's the easiest way to get new gear? IB/PVP?

Do the story till it's done, infuse your best poo poo with higher light poo poo, go to xur burn all your poo poo on 3oC and buy some legendary gear from vendors. Run strikes to get more infusion poo poo. This should get you to 290ish, run heroics to get some more stuff, run a raid, run a hard raid, do IB and trials. Just from infusion and strikes and vendor stuff 280-290 is real easy, with a raid 310 is real easy, with hard modes and IB 330 is easy.

I haven't done any PVE since the level increase and I'm like 334 on my main and 328 on my 2 alts.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fennesz posted:

How does this HC stack up? I think this is honestly my first HC without Last Resort tier perks.

Obviously Grenadier is bad but I feel like it'll scratch my HC itch.

I feel you. The lack of precision is amazing. Not surprising that shotties and bullethoses and melee spam are the most common tactics used by pubbies right now.

Ideally for handcanons like that you want a range perk, stability perk and something like LiTC imo.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

ahaha i missed that the first time

"is there anyone left??? i wanna shoot something"

I got beaten to the punch for a breaker on B on Firebase Delphi by a long range nova bomb. I landed a fraction of a second after his nova did.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Neo Helbeast posted:

I don't know it seemed funny at the time.

E: Universal Remote is literal AIDS.

Yeah i literally teabag anyone i kill running it. I fuckin hate it soooo much.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Lmao unbroken in my second match on this poo poo. Sbmm is insane.

I'm braggin yo I've had a few brews

These people are bad and deserve to be poo poo on. This is cathartic after dealing with loving jugg titans all week.

Enjoy it while it lasts. The game will gently caress you in the rear end in a few hours. Also gently caress the pussies who cry. I get the argument behind sbmm, what I don't get is why if I roll a new account the connections magically improve.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

because for every person who is good at destiny there are 15 shitters? it's way easier to get a lobby of people together in a geographic region when the acceptable pool of people you can draw from for a good match is like 85 percent of the players. hell, probably half the lobbies i wind up in are populated by people from different continents. it's beyond aggravating but even in it's heyday there were barely enough skilled players to go around, and now destiny is two years old.

I don't like bad connections for any reason, I hate it even more when it's safespace bullshit because someone is going to get e-raped by my huge TLW cock. My Message to bungie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkN8V2Xogsw

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jul 16, 2016

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

You just want to pub stomp oval office don't lie.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

On a 20 kill streak in rift then got dumped to Orbit with Anteater.

gently caress you bungie

stop pub stomping

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I havent played in months, is the last word and sniping still the best?

Pulse rifle w/ Shotgun is now the sweat meta but TLW and sniping is still really viable.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Booties posted:

Finally got the touch of malice. I feel legitimate now

Touch of phallus.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Got that from a cruicble rank up a few weeks ago, only just leveled it and tried it out. Not too bad. I like it more than my Eyaslunas and it's more stable than a hawkmoon. Not a world beater but I used it in a sweaty lobby on control on Memento and it did work at mid range, the damage fall off is gently caress all. The aim assist felt pretty high too, I wasn't on point early with it and still cracked a lot of headshots. Really good for those bodyshot/primary clean up snipes.

sureshot is / Rescue Mag / Rifled Barrell and LiTC

The pick 3 are Hand Loaded, Reinforced Barrel and Rifled Barrell. I find these handcanons OK to use but I find I miss my TLW in tight, its only saving grace is if you come across two or three enemies on a flank it's easier to get all three down than it is trying to manage a reload or looking to half mag someone and punch with tlw.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

So are purple handcannons actually good now? Next you'll be telling me the xbox one is a good console hahaha

Words on handcanons:

Like anything, depends on the roll. The higher impact ones like the fixer and eyasluna you need to have a range and stability perk for it to be really viable. If you can get a stability/range/LiTC or HH roll it'll be competitive on most hand canons.

You can get some sneaky good ones like mine, the Byronic with the same roll and a range/stability/litc Luna. Some people like the Omolon space glocks with stability, range and LiTC rolls but they're not fantastic in my experience.

Exotic hand canons are probably at their lowest point in destiny history.

Thorn - got nerfed with Dots doing way less damage and range becoming more important - still popular among sweats because it's still a solid base archetype and the dots become defacto tracking/slow down heals.

TLW - skill floor is higher than ever, because of the damage fall off increase and hip fire damage bonus removal it's not anywhere near what it was in year one. You almost always have to ADS and hit heads to be effective with it and it can have issues in laggy lobbies with "phantom bullets" where you have someone dead to rights but the rounds you land do no damage. I still use it for 99% of games, Rappo still wrecks with it and a lot of streamers use it for 3s and trials but by in large its a different animal from what it used to be.

Hawkmoon - still OK but it kicks like a mule now because they keep loving with the stability on it. Still viable-ish but not any better than most legendaries. You're reliant on LiTC or Aces now for it to be good.

Then there's the First Curse - hits like a truck and has massive aim assist but it fires a bit slow, so it's OK for finishing cunts off and team shooting and some people use it well but I think it's poo poo in PVP. Surprisingly good in PVE.

I can't comment on Ace of spades because I don't play my hunter enough to have it.

If you're going to come back and play for Rise of Iron - I'd reccomend jumping on in the next few weeks and grabbing a hawksaw from the crucible vendor and a gunsmith order for a PDX45 and checking the rolls before the update comes in september, they're top 5 PVP weapons and no one knows what the future holds for the vendor rolls. Both have good Aim assist and are easy 3 burst kills with a quick reload and good range/stability.

Words on PVP:
Overall you can't go wrong with anything except the light scout rifles, slow firing heavy pulse rifles or slow firing Auto Rifles. Those archetypes are dogshit.

Bungie has whittled down almost all primary weapons by design - their goal was to encourage better team play and teamshooting. The designers literally said this was deliberate because they didn't want players being able to warrior and wipe a team by themselves.

The dumb thing is that Shotguns still have ridiculous range, especially when paired with a warlock melee and snipers are still easy to get strafe/swipe headshots watching lanes. This means that a lot of PVP is now more based around special battles so you will sometimes spawn into a game and see three dudes hard scoping a lane and two others charging around maining a Universal remote or a party crasher the whole time. It's also lead to a lot of striker titans because shoulder charge is a one hit kill on most players and juggernaut shields paired with a shotgun make it really easy to skate around getting kills.

I still find running around with a TLW and switching to snipes for a quick kill at distance really viable and got a couple of phantom and relentless medals today actually using a primary as a primary and you still see that play style but it's becoming less common. A whole lot of jerkoffs are more than happy to run in straight lines, slide and trade shotgun to get their 15 kills at a 1.1 KD. These are the same lame cunts who run a truth for their heavy.

To give you an idea of how much special has grown in prevalence, I did a bit of a "field test" during the last Ironbanner where I counted the times I died to a primary weapon across 5 games. it worked out to 4 deaths in 45 where I died to primaries, 6 to grenades/supers. Overwhelmingly it was shotguns or a shotgun/melee combo. The aforementioned whittle down of primaries means you've got to hit headshots with TLW or get a LiTC bullet for you to take out a shotgun rusher before they can put your lights out from a stupid range because of the ongoing lag issues even a lot of these fights you should be winning you trade.

On my youtube theres a match I had last IB on Thilight gap where I wrecked poo poo with tlw and it wasn't tough because there weren't many shotgunners on the enemy team. I spent most of the match on the party room. I've found that by in large in a 6v6 game where you're fighting 0 shotgun runners vs 3 or 4 shotgunners can mean the difference between a 6kd and a 1kd. It turns most easily winnable fights where you get the angle or stay at the available range to cover an entry into a 50/50 proposition.

We all bitch a lot about PVP but the primary balance is in a good place and it's something they've gotten mostly right. If they did something like reduce special carrying capacity and drop rates or even better made it so you start with 0 and it spawns after 3 minutes the game would open up a lot more and it'd be more fun overall imo.

[/dhabadu]

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Is getting a Nirwen's this IB even worth it?
I thought it was in that class of pulses that are gutter trash.
I'd rather not deal with beyond lovely connections and sweat pools this time.

It's not total poo poo, it's still useable. The problem is you won't outshoot a hawksaw/pdx45 or a Grasp which makes up 90% of the pulses you'll be up against. The original roll was pretty much the godroll. It's probably worth getting one since you don't know what the balance patches will do.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jul 17, 2016

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

Probably only a few more games before I'm going against all URs again all the time

The good news is your team mates will still be mongoloids who cant go positive.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i don't really care about spektar pandion stuff coming in crucible packages, but jesus can it at least roll with pvp perks?

You dont like increased super for killing minions of the darkness and side arm ammo / reload.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

AppleCobbler posted:

I go to great lengths seeking validation as well

I dont think anyones surprised your parents didnt love you.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alteisen posted:

epic zinger brah

good poo poo, you keep defying my expectations of how loving pathetic you are

Just kiss me already babe.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

look I'm all about the modern pvp experience being poo poo but pissing in a bunch of strangers Cheerios or acting like bungie is 'protecting' them from you is loving mind numbingly dumb

of course they're 'protecting' them from you, you're much loving better than they are. what do you expect bungie to do? put 44 percent win rate players against orchestrated six stacks? the lag is garbage but what the gently caress it's not like playing against these kindergarten scrubs is somehow better?

The answer is not punishing users for being good.

If you went solely connection you wouldn't be matched with just scrubs. You'd get matched with all skill levels and the game would work as intended.

Opporunity to play the game in its best version should be universal. You shouldnt be locked out of playing against non laggy players because they're not on your level.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

look I'm all about the modern pvp experience being poo poo but pissing in a bunch of strangers Cheerios or acting like bungie is 'protecting' them from you is loving mind numbingly dumb

of course they're 'protecting' them from you, you're much loving better than they are. what do you expect bungie to do? put 44 percent win rate players against orchestrated six stacks? the lag is garbage but what the gently caress it's not like playing against these kindergarten scrubs is somehow better?

Same firerate.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

You'll run into issues if you try to play the patient game if you don't have a 6 man fireteam, especially in Clash. The randoms will invariably charge headlong into the fight and flip the spawns, meaning you're now by yourself and surrounded. So you get killed, spawn on the other side of the map, and discover your idiot teammates are already pushing back the way they came.

It can happen in control too, but not quite as often.

Yeah I find in clash I try to play a lot faster. In control its all about locking down areas so you more or less can usually keep the enemy coming from similar approaches if your team is good.

This allows you to do some hardscoping if you want to practice that bullshit.

In clash people seem to keep pushing. Into spawns so you get shot in the rear end.

Rift is by far my least played game mode. Mostly because its lame. I grabbed my brother to play some with me because hes pretty average at pvp and had only played 3 games. I also figured most pvp players would either be playing trials clash or control or the skirmish daily.

We got dumped into pretty terrible lobbies with really poo poo team mates. I dropped three games with more than 35 kills in a row. My worst kd in this was 2.8 because i started going for highlight no scopes etc

At one point I used 8 bullets from tlw and 3 punches to get three kills. I wasnt using cover just waded into the middle of three dudes and punched their faces off.

I also slammed the spark by picking it up, running straight into the enemy base without trying to use cover or return fire. I had bingo health and had people shooting at me.

It was still laggy but goddamn it was easy pickings. So find yourselves a guardian with like 3 games and play your least played game mode for easy matches I guess.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Roman posted:

Here's my quick alt account test run in Control, done after not playing any PVP for quite a while:

Game 1 - 1.29 K/D and lost - I had to remember how to shot gun & hosed up a bunch + it was Thieves Den
Game 2 - 4.75 K/D and won
Game 3 - 2.33 K/D and won

Matched with lots of pretty bad 40ish players with much better gear. Definitely bottom of the barrel.

I love it when i hear the raid auto rifle and a hard light or something when i spawn in.

Then i realise theyre my team mates and im gonna have to pull a 30+ game to have a chance.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol if you dont regularly exchange dickpicks with your gaming bros. Its the modern day equivalent of spartan bonding.

A fireteam that gays together stays together.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ohrwurm posted:

Has anyone have their weekly shaxx bounty complete as soon as it's picked up? Only got 19 strange coins from it :(

Eh just buy all the 3ocs and heavy synth you can and then when iron rising boner comes out you can edge your factions and pop your packages and get 50 of the same exotic etc.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

What happened?

Nothin on dem tweeters. Im guessing reddit drama

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

He said that fireteam matchmaking was at least partially based on the max skill of the fireteam, for matching that involves fireteams. Today, after Reddit poo poo the bed, Cozmo showed up to say it's based on average skill of the fireteam. Big whoop.

In my testing method of piggy backing on the few really bad players on my friends list it does go by average. Your lovely friend will still get stunted on while you go for 360 no scopes and still pull off a 3 kd but its pretty obvious. So i can understand why bad players would think derek was accurate.

The even more lovely thing though is that dude who reference the notes from the lawsuit that developer levelled at bungie that revealed a big part of the problems with destiny came about and continue because some sperg whos at the top of the hill will dig their heels in on some issues and actively decide against something their team is reccomending because they can.

I dont doubt this is why sbmm is such a major issue inspite of the overwhelming community opposition.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

I have a ton of sympathy for developers and designers who have the courage to talk about their work in public, but hoooly poo poo was that a terrible reply.

As someone who'll often be inflammatory because i can I would probably be more of a troll when I had the shits.

A guy like Deej is just the lightning rod so some poor dude who designs weapon skins doesnt have people track down his families facebook or whatever but at this point they could garner a lot of goodwill just by releasing a pvp development message every month or so.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

OdinsBeard posted:

Now I kinda feel bad playing with all those mostly pve guys I met via the100.io, but I also feel better about my performances.

It can be fun sometimes educating poo poo players on things like "use lightning grenades, not pulse grenades for pvp" or "no back up plans arent much good for a sunbreaker bro".

Getting 4 sniper kills to start the game on frontier and hearing everyone praise your godlike but actually pretty average ability is weird. Must be what that hush dude feels from his youtube comments.

That was an odd lfg experience. Deal breakers and raid weapons everywhere. Not using quickdraw on snipers all sorts of terrible subclass loadouts.

Also once got picked up into a 6 by a PVE streamer of no consequence looking for an ib team on lfg and proceeded to tell him why he was poo poo at pvp and how to improve while dropping a 3kd game. My psn messenger got a bit of hate for that and i got booted from the chat and fireteam before the 2nd game started.

LFG while being the worst has at least lead to some funny stuff.

An american dude being shocked at the free use of the word oval office on a crota raid when we used lfg to find a 6th while crux hunting was good. His awkwardness trying to use it too was just funny.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Deej is a dipshit too though. I purposefully renamed my GT to troll morons by bringing out their latent homosexuality.

And of course Deej of all people walked right into the trap, on their loving livestream lmao, and yet again it fell on Cozmo to do damage mitigation. Cosmo actually seems alright for a fwiggen former reddit moderator.

Did anyone ever upload a vid link of your game from anyones perspective . I wanted to see it?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

sunday at work posted:

This map rotation suuuuuuuuuuks.

As long as its not widows court every 2nd go.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fennesz posted:

Widow's Court is easily the most fun map in the game right now. As it's one of two maps that isn't three loving hallways that run the length of the map.

I carefully drew the maps I'm talking about #

My top 3 maps are firebase delphi, burning shrine and asylum.

Widows court i hate but always seem to do well on.

I like sector whatever the gently caress and pantheon too.

Only problems with delphi and pantheon are if your team mates arent willing to warrior for b from the jump. If they puss its all over. Also i got 41 kills on pantheon and a sick quad kill with my sniper rifle against 4 people hardscoping. So i really love that map even if it is hell when youre getting your poo poo pushed in because of the spawn traps.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If you're truly getting your poo poo punched in its best to consolidate in front of your point (close enough to team shoot but not close enough to get mass supered) and hope they push to hard and you get a quick spawn flip. Then in the chaos maybe you can make something happen.

Focus should be on shutting down supers and not getting supered, to avoid getting orb trained.

The latter is extremely important with golden guns, hammers and electrolocks. Youre better off getting an electolock down with your slam than trying to wait for a double of triple.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Diamond 1 in ib now and the sweat is real.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Well I made it to Legionnaire (Top 200) in 5 of the play lists. There is no way I will be able to maintain this so I might as well post a screenshot and enjoy a moment of smugness.

Goddamn dude nice work.

OdinsBeard posted:

That basically seems like a perfect roll to play to its strengths. I've gotten a shortgaze/grenadier/QuickDraw(also injection mold)/unflinching roll but I'd have rather had it on a 1Kys.

Thats a tasty as gently caress roll. Shortgaze and quickdraw make that super viable even without a stability mod.

All I want out of this IB is a shortgaze and stability mod roll because I dont do any super long range sniping anyway. Cant seem to get a shortgaze one to drop to save myself.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

sunday at work posted:

Thanks for bringing back blink-shotgun Bungie.

The universal remote needs to get some sort of check and balance or they need to give tlw back its damage.

A defender or electrolock stacking UR and melee perks like range for the lock or overshield is more than a little bit rediculous. I had another couple of games last night where I literally only died to shotguns.

When you can't do enough damage with the games close range king primary to kill someone before they can click you out ita broken.

I constantly gave ground and used the right angles and still lost to that bullshit. It was beyond a joke in a few games last night.

One jerkoff using it didnt even get salty when i teabagged him just apologised for using it.

Theres no point in nerfing special ammo drop rates like they did and then making a shotgun unaffected by it best in class by nerfing everything with a quick close range ttk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Why is it always a striker titan in Trials gear?

1509 for me :v:

As a striker in trials gear its because the class owns and looks baller as gently caress.

859 for me.

• Locked thread