Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

Fatebringer is all anyone will care about.

Vision of Confluence is the true hero. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

the good fax machine posted:

Sure would be nice to actually get Necrochasm this time around

Let's hope the drop rate is more than 0.00000000000000000000000000000001% then. Also I hope at this point it drops the actual Necrochasm cause I definitely don't want to farm/grind that broken version again.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
That's some decent cosplay armor they're wearing.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

haveblue posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/pub/AgeOfTriumph

Ah-theon? I always thought it was Ay-theon :psyduck:

I think every goon I have ever chatted with pronounced it Ay-theon.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

actionjackson posted:

I went and upgrade the husk in case the crux actually drops now, but how do I upgrade the eidolon fully? I can't get ascendant energy from the speaker anymore.

Better go run some crota raids then. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

cvnvcnv posted:

I come across so many comments like this, about never seeing your Guardian or having any connection to them, yet I very much do.

It's hard for me to have any connection to my characters when none of them even remotely resemble me. If they at least added facial hair options (preferably a goatee) I would have something to work with...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

Smurf accounts were a "thing" last summer too shortly before RoI.

If I really cared about it that much I'd queue into matchmaking solo and rubber band my controller overnight.

Does that even work?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Flawless Raider will forever be the Destiny trophy I don't get and quite frankly I couldn't care less.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

CheeseFactory posted:

Oh and the one for collecting ghosts or some other such bullshit.

gently caress that noise.

I never got Touch of Uncle for the same reason.

I had no problem with collecting ghosts or those fragments on the Dreadnought (minus challenge mode Oryx cause gently caress that poo poo) because those simply required me to look at a guide.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
That's embarrassing...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I wonder why Crota is available first though, and not Vault of Glass.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
It's taking forever for me just to prepare the download. PSN must be getting curb-stomped right now.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

haveblue posted:

Preparing the update is local, it's checking everything downloaded so far which for Destiny is like 50GB. gently caress Sony for making it necessary to repeatedly cancel and restart the download and prepare each time though

Finally "prepared the download" only for it to say I would need 3 hours to download a 800MB patch.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mazerunner posted:

How is it that people are still bamboozled by playstation's weird updating three years later

I'm not bamboozled - I just wish they didn't curbstomp 8th gen so that there was an actual chance of them fixing it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
24 minutes. I'll take it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fifty Three posted:

This doesn't sound like we will eventually be able to run any of the 390 raids at any time, which is what I thought we were getting? :confused:

You can run them at any time once they are unlocked. The featured one is what will have active challenges.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
The highlight of our attempt to do Crota's raid last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFtmpvl8PvA

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

actionjackson posted:

That's who I was referring to haha

Actually you were referring to me.

Also, where's that clip of me being the Hero of the Abyss. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

texaholic posted:

I didn't play at all in year 1 but have done all the Kings Fall and WoTM poo poo. I think I was a little over confident it would all just work without any real knowledge of the encounter, stupid I know.

You would have been fine in normal circumstances - it's the challenge modes where having previous knowledge of the raids pretty much becomes essential.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Policenaut posted:

Hey Bungie here's some free statistics: i want more guns like hard light that shoot pew pew lasers. It's the loving future i want more laser guns

Switch to hawksaw.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Have all the expansions and my Titan is at 400. I used the Fist of Crota mission to get one. It dropped at 80 Light, so maybe that's the problem?

Yeah, that's the old Husk.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

HAT FETISH posted:

I haven't had a chance to raid this week, what am I missing out on if I don't run crota between now and tomorrow's reset? I'll just have to wait another three weeks before I can get those adept guns, right? Or is there something else

If you want the adept guns then you either have to do the raid before tomorrow's reset or wait until Crota's End is the featured raid of the week again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
That Atheon challenge sounds stupid as hell.

• Locked thread