Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Applewhite posted:

They need to remake Harry Potter and give it to Wes Anderson to direct. Bill Murray as Dumbledore, Angelica Houston as McGonagall and Owen Wilson as Snape. Ben Stiller as Harry Potter.

I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't watch this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

gender swapped Ginger Snaps remake

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Drunken Baker posted:

I was going to make a joke about a dude bleeding from his dick but that already happens for some reason, doesn't it? Like he got a werewolf std that made his dick bleed? Or am I misremembering?

They're actually making an all-female League of Extraordinary Gentlemen film. Not sure if it will be lady heroes from old books or just a gender swapped cast. It'll suck either way.

yeah, that definitely happened. I'm not sure if it was explicitly explained why.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I just watched Zoolander 2. Everything about it was stupid and poorly done, but I laughed several times. 10/10.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Gender swapped Saving Private Ryan. Play it completely straight.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I sort of get it. Because of scummy studio accounting even a poo poo movie will often make a profit, but every movie that makes a little profit is a lost opportunity to make a lot of profit.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

JediTalentAgent posted:

...Ang Lee's Hulk...

Dude, at least put a trigger warning on this poo poo!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Presented by Ghostbusters 2016.

The Ghostbusters movie Trump doesn't watch.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

clickbait websites.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

loquacius posted:

I think a Seth Rogen stoner Ghostbusters movie could possibly be good if it were at least self-aware, but I am a huge Rogen apologist in general

I also think this same movie again could also be good if it distanced itself as far as possible from Feig, got a better writer, and tried to be a movie instead of a social statement

Like, they should pull a Hulk and reboot it again with a similar premise to last time without the toxic people attached to it, and they could even keep the same cast because they weren't the problem

It would also need effects good enough to convince my brain that four women are standing in an alley.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it already made a profit.
I like that non of those pictures have anything on the screen

thanks for the update, baghdad bob.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Thanks to the internet you can probably read the writings of someone who sincerely thinks eating irish babies is a good idea.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Decent Friday though.

e: Lost to Secret Life of Pets on its second day. That's gotta sting.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Super had a woman raping a man. It was a real refreshing take on disturbing movie rapes.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Speaking of The Rock what about a remake of The Rock starring The Rock.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

an unusual bit of honesty

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Best live action comedy opening since Pitch Perfect 2. A triumph.

Pitch Perfect 2
Opening Weekend 69M
Budget 29M

Ghostbusters
Opening Weekend 46M
Budget 144M

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Where the gently caress do they get off calling Ghostbusters a live action comedy but not Deadpool?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Well it was the first fart joke I've laughed at in years so there's that.
Why do you creeps keep calling people social progressives?
Also how do you MRA types get through life having a problem with women?, I mean a normal bigot probably doesn't have to deal with people who are more brown than them or foreign or like dick all that often but you have to talk and be emotionally attached to women everyday so it's kinda nuts to be all weird about them.

Oh and you fuckwits have ruined my childhood memories of Ghostbusters, god drat all I had to do was think of those movies or the cartoon or the dumb toys and I'd get a happy feeling, now if i think of them I end of thinking of you loving weirdos and how there's people that want those uppity bitches in their place even nowadays and it just makes me pissed off and depressed.
So nice one dickheads...

I'm glad of it.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Is making Leslie Jones an ape a statement about racism or just plain racism? (i already know the answer)

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Maybe each time period could create new works that reflect that time period instead of transplanting movies that are very much products of their time into a new time period and loving it up.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Ghostbusters getting banned in China had me wondering:

Why do most studios care about the Chinese market? Is just the fact more people seeing your movie equals more money, even though they only allow a handful of non-Chinese films in their theaters every year?

There are a couple dozen non-Chinese films shown per year in China. There's also a couple dozen Hollywood movies with budgets over 100 million per year. Not a coincidence.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Can't wait for Sony Pictures to become purely a holding company for the Spider-man rights.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

It dropped from Friday to Saturday so I don't see it having the longevity of his other films.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

milo is self hating gay guy who will probaly be found dead in a hotel somewhere in decade or so. I am not a fan of jones but she went through a bunch of underserved poo poo from dickheads. what sucks is the alt-right runined critisim of the movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY172rzvbWE stupid fucks like david aurini and milo are the problem.

pretty much, a smarter script and a different director would have saved the movie easy.

wasnt that movie not even that bad. yeah it was a dumb kids movie and both the retard right and the retard left saw aniti muslim/anti immigration poo poo in it.

agreed but with the current political climate being lovely as it is on both sides, I can believe a decent amount of the insults are genuine.

yeah it is real :sad: how Milo tries to suppress his homosexuality

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Paladinus posted:

What? He rarely shuts up about how he loves cock. He exploits his homosexuality and revels in it, if anything.

sarcasm

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

So is milo being held responsible for chan trolls, or did he actual make overtly racist tweets?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he encouraged it to an extent and said some pretty lovely things. but i wouldnt say fully responsible though.

yeah i can easily believe that. it sounds like she was sorta trying to rile up some more tweets/reddit posts for the movie "progressiveness" to look good and basically hosed up and kicked the hornets nest too hard. yeah, she is a lovely idiot if that was real DM(her talking about helping feig get more idiots to get pissed off) but i kinda feel bad for her. no one she be exposed to the full net that quick.

Overtly encouraged in a real way, or in a nebulous ill defined way?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Plus it's a bunch of people yelling into a sea of sand brain weirdos. Could you imagine if companies and public figures were expected to have an SA account?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

RedMage129 posted:

Twitter is caught between the two worst subgroups of the internet. They get constant pressure from the left to ban anyone who isn't full tumblerina. Then when they do they get hate from the right for the "suppression of freedom."

Twitter is dumb, but it sucks that they're stuck in a no win scenario.

yeah, but it's totally worth it for all the money they're not making.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

twitter is all pig wrestling, at best you're in a corner of the sty that currently does not have any pigs, but you're never actually out of the mud.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

F12 is the real villain here.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

lol at laughing at people for thinking twitter bans based on ideology, and then saying that they do and should on the next page. it's okay though because he's conserv-- I mean a nazi- maybe even a double baby hitler.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

City of Tampa posted:

Lorne Michaels was being criticized by the tumblrs for not having enough black people on SNL so hiring Leslie Jones was a response to that

not kidding

That was Sasheer Zamata.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

But Milhouse was great as him.

Jiminy jillikers! Mickey Rooney played Fallout Boy!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

IAwardYouNoPointsAndMayGodHaveMercyOnYourSoul.meme

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Paladinus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZZW47ntEYI

Even super grumpen grote people say GB2016 isn't an awful movie. I don't understand, how can it be doing so bad? Is it really due to the horrible marketing it got in the form of trailers and Feig's whining?

It's not doing badly for a Feig comedy movie. It's on par in terms of what those usually pull in. But it has an action movie budget so lol at that.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I wonder if Batman and Doctor Strange ever met while they were both doing their origin story in the Himalayas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Basically all I remember of the critic is "it stinks" and "country goodness and green pea-ness."

• Locked thread