Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

notZaar posted:

Churro what? What in the hell are you taking about?

I like churros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

There's forums out there full of people posting similar things, but for real

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Cowman posted:

Milo also got permabanned from twitter thanks to this latest tirade of racism and sexism against Leslie Jones.

Oh no, not milo

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Isn't twitter the stupid company that allowed(allows?) Al Qaeda and Isis to tweet?

I mean they banned a gay idiot but terrorists are cool or what's their point

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Fat activists couldn't do it, the liberals didn't either, even the transexuals couldn't

It had to be a strong black woman who don't take poo poo from no man who kicked milo out of the net

Over Ghostbusters

Come on , that's pretty funny

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Crowsbeak posted:

You mean consequences for ones actions. Like Milo encouraged Nazis to attack Leslie Jones and libel her. So now he pays the consequence of no longer being able to use the service he used to commit such action. Good thing we understand the concept of actions having consequences.

Yes, but Leslie Jones starred in Ghostbusters 2016 out of her own volition. Which is worse

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Some idiot girl is going to believe these movies about women physically overpowering a man, and is going to get her poo poo wrecked 10 years from now

Like Rey from Star Wars at least has the force but there's no way Furiosa beats Max or any of the war boyz in hand to hand combat come on, she's even a cripple ffs

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

What? I thought being a Fuckboy was cool

Like drat, that dude fucks a lot, he's a gently caress boy

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

There's another King Kong remake coming out, starring black actor guy and Fred flint stone

You search for it, but I can tell you right now after watching the trailer: it's gonna suck

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2016/07/netflix-will-stream-14-episodes-of-mystery-science-theater-3000-revival/

Patton Oswalt about to ruin MST3K too

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Tricky D posted:

Analyze a movie as much you want, just don't expect anyone else to decide that Will Smith and Martin Lawrence's buddy cop antics are no longer enjoyable when you tell them Bad Boy's II is really about how the drug war is a method for the US to subjugate the third world.

The thought police loves saying " You can enjoy problematic things as long as you're aware that they're problematic"

Thanks for your goddamn permission, you loving nazi cunts

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Black is the new white

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Release a new Fantasia with EDM soundtrack

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Does anybody else's IMDB rate Suicide squad as a 9.7 with 2,000 reviews?
What's going on there ? Thought it wasn't released yet

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently Melissa McCarthy was the 3rd highest paid actress of 2015
http://www.slashfilm.com/highest-paid-actresses-actors-of-2015/

This is great, to be honest

Fat acceptance is working, and so is feminism and anti ageism, all beaten by Melissa Mcarthy

Good for her

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I mean, they remade the loving Lone Ranger, why not the rocketeer

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Like, no poo poo, Black Dynamite is one of the funniest loving movies I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCdfHQT4YiY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fykFpD6snX0

It's a parody where the writer\director just get it, and have a true fondness for the stuff they're spoofing. Black Dynamite has a feel of authenticity to it.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, you have poo poo like Kung Fury that isn't funny, contains no jokes and is like an 80s movie from the lens of someone who has never actually seen any 80s movies

gently caress you Kung Fury owns

It's a bit too long though, even at 30 minutes

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Y-Hat posted:

WB has no idea what to do with superhero movies outside of making them dark and (man i hate this word) brooding. for god's sake, they're giving Aquaman that treatment. this hasn't translated into a good movie since The Dark Knight

they should take a break to recalibrate their cinematic universe before they shoot themselves in the foot even more. they won't, obviously

I noticed this too

they know everyone thinks aquaman is goofy as gently caress, so they're swinging super hard in the other, hardcore direction

This ain't yo momma's Aquaman, boyyy

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

bloodysabbath posted:

*snarky assertion that this is, like, SO not true, and even if it IS, it's totally okay and expected as long as it agrees with my politics. Mentions your hat choice and implies you are in fact not sexually active. On the way out, calls you something along the lines of "gator goober" for good measure.*

Lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Professor Shark posted:

I watched the JLA trailer and it smelled like desperation and not-trying-too-hard

I think they already hosed it up because how is superman going to comeback from the dead

There's no way they don't do a super loving stupid plot line for that, it's just gonna suck

And otoh if Superman was alive, he should be the one to bring the Justice League together, not loving lone wolf Batman

Batman is like the last guy who would want to join the JL, and only because he really doesn't see any other way

In the comics and cartoons he's always complaining about the little superhero club and has plans to gently caress up every single superhero in the team

I'm a huge nerds

Edit: to be clearer, Batman is the one character in DC that SHOULD be gloomy and brooding and dark, but they're turning him into Tony Stark

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Professor Shark posted:

I didn't even know he died

Whatever

Spoiler warning, sorry

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

I can't believe so many people love Kung Fury. Some random people were shocked when I said it was garbage. It's soulless and mechanical. The best spoofs like Black Dynamite and Galaxy Quest are good because they're affectionate parodies. The people who made them are making fun of things they love. Kung Fury doesn't truly love or understand what it's trying to spoof.

Kung Fury is comedy on the level of a Robot Chicken or Family Guy sketch - it thinks you can use pop culture references instead of jokes. "Hey, remember Thundercats! Haha! Thundercats! Laugh, you drooling retards!"

I love Kung fury

I love robot chicken

I love family guy and have seen all his movies including a million ways to die in the west

Also Mel brooks movies

I will consume anything remotely similar to "comedy" I can find, including jack black mOvies like the one with a fat gwyneth Paltrow

I'm a GBS poster

Come at me

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

What about recent Adam Sandler movies? How much do you like Pixels, or Jack and Jill? Do you like movies by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, i.e. Epic Movie, Date Movie, Meet the Spartans, Vampires Suck, etc.?

I've honestly not seen them, but I would if I had the time

I saw up to 50 first dates and That's my son and then I forgot he existed

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

natetimm posted:

I'm the person named Awkwafina. It's me.

I like your Vag

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

To anyone who liked Kung Fury, please tell me what the funny parts were and what scenes made you laugh, because if there were actual jokes in the movie then I guess I missed them

There's nothing to explain you autist

a kung fu cop flips cars and time travels to the past via surfing virtual reality and fights karate hitler

It's a silly parody mashup of 80's action taken to the extreme (as imagined by modern millenials) not a respectful homage because gently caress the 80's they sucked

"Boohoo they didn't get the tracking errors right" gently caress vcrs man nobody cares

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Why not

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

you don't understand what parody means.

What does it mean

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Android Bicyclist posted:

Make the loving donuts, Kevin
An Open Letter To Warner Bros CEO Kevin Tsujihara About Layoffs, Zack Snyder, and Donuts

TL;DR guy points out how the guys at the top keep their jobs even when they gently caress up while the plebes at the studio get laid off.

Sounds like WW is gonna suck if that guy is telling the truth

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

The Grimace posted:

Zack Snyder is a bad.

Looks like a sega Genesis era videogame cover

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Twitter has always had a hardon for celebrities

They believe celebrities made the service as famous as it is today, so they bend over backwards for anyone on tv or movies

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I could have sworn I saw a trailer for the Ben Hur remake like two years ago. Did the studio just shelve it so it can quietly die now?

Yup

They know it's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

The Grimace posted:

I want the upcoming Assassin's Creed movie to be good. The games used to be great and then they kind of decided they have absolutely no idea what to do with the modern-day plot. Now the games are on hiatus for a year to ensure the new one doesn't turn out poo poo. They've also got Michael Fassbender really involved in the production of the movie. If it fails, it will mean bad news for the Assassin's Creed brand as a whole. I'm curious how it's all gonna turn out.

They have no idea what to do with the modern day plot because they fired the guy who was writing it around Assassins Creed 3

So they just went "Ahhh gently caress this future poo poo lets just kill the guy" and welp

It's a shame because the Ezio chapters are the most popular in the series

• Locked thread