Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Centripetal Horse posted:

This is the first episode where Marcy directly mock's Al's pay. This is also the first significant sign we get of the disdain Marcy has for the underclass, despite her outward projection of being an enlightened and caring liberal.

Holy poo poo Marcy is a goon.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

It's like this show gets me

Ride The Gravitron fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Aug 31, 2016

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
http://i.imgur.com/E5hBCuh.gifv

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Remember the one where Peg wears the leather Dominatrix outfit, complete with whip, and terrorizes Ed O'Neill?
Heh.

Katy Perry is a cutie. And I love that odd little stepping walk she does.
Pics? Just for reference material, honest.

E:
Worng. It's Katy Seagal. My broin is too dronk to remoimber carractly. Serry.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Aug 31, 2016

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

zimboe posted:

Remember the one where Peg wears the leather Dominatrix outfit, complete with whip, and terrorizes Ed O'Neill?
Heh.

Katy Perry is a cutie. And I love that odd little stepping walk she does.
Pics? Just for reference material, honest.

Pretty sure Katy Perry was like 4 when that aired.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
What i know about Katy Perry; She prayed for boobs that were so big she couldn't see her feet.

But she was miffed when they went into her armpits, which is absolutely natural.

My knowledge of katy Perry.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This thread made me watch MwC for the first time.

Boy, was I stupid for avoiding it all this time.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I haven't seen this show since the 90s.
I want to now.

What's a good season to start with? Or should I just start from the start? Lots of shows, comedies especially, often have rocky first or first two seasons before the writers really get a feel for the voice of the characters and the show itself.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I want to now.

What's a good season to start with? Or should I just start from the start? Lots of shows, comedies especially, often have rocky first or first two seasons before the writers really get a feel for the voice of the characters and the show itself.

Literally any episode is a good one. It works in almost any possible order

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I want to now.

Season 2, episode 3.

You nailed it about the rocky 1st season. Season 1 doesn't feel like the rest and I don't think it's as funny. I mean Peggy cooks. Al wants to have sex, the kids are too young and innocent. Everything isn't right. It's the closest season to a regular sitcom. Situations are more mundane. Like they argue over if a new room should be a pool room or exercise room. (Peggy wants an exercise room? What the gently caress?) The actors don't have the timing with other that they would later have, when they're reacting perfectly with just facial expressions.

Season 1 MWC is like Season 1 Simpsons.

I can't blame Centripetal Horse for stopping at the S1 episode where Peggy and Al have an argument and Al goes to live with his bachelor friend, Luke, a character that they made the wise choice of never putting in the show again.

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 1, 2016

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

Nobody watches re-runs of breaking bad.

True of most big shows today, it's the downside of grand-serial storytelling. Aside from the 3-4 big episodes of The Wire, Breaking Bad, or so on where the screw finally turns and something important happens, once you've seen the episode once there isn't a ton of reason to see it again. Or if you do, you feel somehow committed to having to rewatch a bunch of additional episodes now to see all the payoffs of what was set up in that particular episode.

Fidel Cuckstro fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 3, 2016

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

True of most big shows today, it's the downside of grand-serial storytelling. Aside from the 3-4 big episodes of The Wire, Breaking Bad, or so on where the screw finally turns and something important happens, once you've seen the episode once there isn't a ton of reason to see it again. Or if you do, you feel somehow committed to having to rewatch a bunch of additional episodes now to see all the payoffs of what was set up in that particular episode.

I've seen Deadwood back to back at least 5 times

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I dont remember a lot about mwc but I do remember I thought the whole thing with the nooner was funny. Peg wants Al to come home at lunch to gently caress, and Al gets super excited because he thinks she's going to cook him something for lunch.

Or Castro waving at a dude and accidentally having a sniper take him out.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Family, FOX viewing positions.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

"Some woman in Michigan didn't like it"

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I'm glad that thanks to internet video we don't have to worry about self-censorship because of pressure from advertisers- *checks what's trending on twitter* whelp-

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

They did a bunch more jokes about Seven. God I'm making my way through the whole series and this entire season with him is terrible. It's like they'll have a good episode and he shows up and just screams his lines and stares at the camera.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Seven is a big long gently caress you to the studio for making them add a child cast member.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Seven's funniest bits were them making fun of his disappearance.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
It's Your Move was a previous series by MWC creators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGYvKU460So

Jason Bateman plays a teenage scam artist.

Slowpoke
Jul 7, 2007

Also, someone drew a sweet Slowpoke that I wanted to buy for an av but lost the image. I think the thread was people drawing Pokemon? I guess? I don't know. If someone could help find it I would love to buy it. Thanks.

lol

I hope this thread never ends!
Gooooooo Bundy!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Bonzo posted:

It's Your Move was a previous series by MWC creators.
I'm old enough to barely remember that show, god did I love it. It was awesome, and So Wrong. In the later episodes, they made everybody nicer, I guess due to network interference, then it went to poo poo can got cancelled.

I suspect that is no coincidence that "boy has underhanded fights with Mom's BF", given my circumstances at the time....

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Remulak posted:

I'm old enough to barely remember that show, god did I love it. It was awesome, and So Wrong. In the later episodes, they made everybody nicer, I guess due to network interference, then it went to poo poo can got cancelled.

I suspect that is no coincidence that "boy has underhanded fights with Mom's BF", given my circumstances at the time....

Do you remember when he created a fake metal band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qw2qHmX5SM&t=710s

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007

To this day I can't use my toaster without thinking 'Guess I'll have to have toaster leavins!'

Also occasionally pouring tap water in the milk jug, swishing it around, then saying 'see, now we have milk for tomorrow!'

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Stuffguyman posted:

To this day I can't use my toaster without thinking 'Guess I'll have to have toaster leavins!'

Also occasionally pouring tap water in the milk jug, swishing it around, then saying 'see, now we have milk for tomorrow!'

Mine is when they put all the cups in the cupboard right side up so they can make hot cocoa with the dust that collects.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Humma!

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Dave Concepcion posted:

I've seen Deadwood back to back at least 5 times

I've probably watched Deadwood 3-4 times, and the Wire 3-4 times. But IDK, do you ever just watch one episode? I mean part of the problem is that HBO doesn't really do re-runs all that often for its shows, but did you ever just say "oh I'm going to pop in a random episode and have it on in the background"?

I feel like most people don't.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I don't know if the context makes it funnier or not but this was Darcy and Jefferson getting caught role-playing Peggy and Al while loving in their bed. :lol:

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I've probably watched Deadwood 3-4 times, and the Wire 3-4 times. But IDK, do you ever just watch one episode? I mean part of the problem is that HBO doesn't really do re-runs all that often for its shows, but did you ever just say "oh I'm going to pop in a random episode and have it on in the background"?

I feel like most people don't.

There are definitely a lot of The Wire episodes I would watch individually, on a whim.

I loved Breaking Bad but I would probably only re-watch certain individual scenes again if I wasn't watching the whole series over again.

The difference is probably that The Wire has so much going with so many different characters during any given episode and the seasons are sorta self contained whereas Breaking is pretty much just one central story where you invest a lot emotion into just a few characters. I find it easier to see an episode of The Wire and not think too hard about how I already know what happens. Not as easy with Breaking Bad.

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 12, 2016

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Man, when the show was good it was drat good. I'm pondering about ordering the complete series on DVD now. Did the new release with the actual music included actually get the uncut episodes? I haven't see those in decades.

And thanks to everybody earlier in the thread who mentioned old Fox programming. 'Adventures of Beans Baxter' was downright nuts (and it had the mom from Get a Life and Kurtwood Smith pre-Robocop, holy poo poo) and I can't believe I forgot about 'Woops.' Which is weird since I recently got the UK show that inspired it not that long ago. Oh well.

Wait a minute, has anybody mentioned 'Flying Blind' yet? That was the show that came before 'Woops' and lasted a little bit longer. That wasn't half bad even if I can't remember who played in it for the life of me.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I'm going to guess they have no music rights at all. Even reruns on TBS in the morning play a really lovely musak version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Married, with Children is the Father Ted of the Americas, only Father Ted is funnier and better-timed.

Welp that's my comedy thingy god bless!

• Locked thread