Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen
Another nice call back was during the end credits, they used TNG font.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

lizardman posted:

^^Yeah, that stuck out to me, too. I suppose maybe they just wanted to switch it up after going two movies with the TOS font, but I strongly associate the font they used with TNG so my brain keeps trying to come up with some special "reason" they used it.

I figured it was just their way of fitting in a nice easter egg for the trek geeks.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

MorgaineDax posted:

Final Frontier definitely gets more flack than it deserves. I really liked Sybok at least. The part where he asks God "Why have you done this to my friend?" after Kirk gets zapped really sold me on him. Dude really think he's trying to do good, and immediately follows through on sacrificing himself to save his buddies.

But with Kirk's line at the end "I lost a brother once. But I was lucky, I got him back" is such a burn on his actual dead brother, it ends on a sour note for me.

He has a dead brother? I can't find anything about this.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

Automatic Slim posted:

Kirk's real brother Sam was killed by the flying pancake invasion seen in "Operation: Annihilate!"

Oh for gently caress's sake, I thought he was talking about Shatner's brother. I am an idiot.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

I re-watched this last night and noticed a nice little call back to the original series that I missed before: In the very beginning, when the tiny aliens attack Kirk. The first thing he does to try to get the guy off him is the classic double axe-handle swing. I don't know how I missed that. It's so drat obvious.

• Locked thread