Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Akira Tozawa has his possible last match in Dragon Gate on 9/22 as he challenges YAMATO for the Dream Gate. Everything I've heard and all my senses are pointing to that he's signed with WWE. They like to do big match sendoffs, and this is his first Dream Gate challenge in 2 years. He is still holding the Triangle Gate, but they've never been stringent about having someone drop a belt on the way out.

I'm gonna cry probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

id take randy orton at those odds

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i think the audience will be able to cope with a single fan favorite losing on a card filled with smark favorites otherwise going over . Wrestlemania 28 this is not

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

This implies they would ever give Becky that big a push

she's positioned as the top babyface on the smackdown side of things

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

full CWC results:

Zack Sabre Jr. def. Noam Dar
Gran Metalik def. Akira Tozawa
TJP def. Rich Swann
Kota Ibushi def. Brian Kendrick

non-tournament matches:

Cedric Alexander def. Oney Lorcan
Drew Gulak and Tony Nese def. Lince Dorado and Kenneth Johnson
Bollywood Boyz def. Sean Maluta and Ariya Daivari

Your bracket going into the Semi Finals:

Gran Metalik vs Zack Sabre Jr
TJP vs Kota Ibushi

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

because he's also going to get a contract

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

If someone was really going to criticise this bracket for predictability and lack of suspense that's their perogative but Rich Swann going the distance isn't something anybody predicted going into this so I don't know if I'd start there

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

La Sombra turned heel and is feuding with Cedric Alexander

awesome

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris Hero doesn't need any extra weight dragging him down

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bulk and Skullet

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

say what you want about Hugh Morris but he did teach Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, Adrian Neville and many more how to work

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Eddie Edwards just beat Lashley for the TNA world title

despite eddie losing clean to aron rex at the ppv and lashley (the strongest champ they've had in forever) beating ec3 after a months long build

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

aron rex

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oh my god aron rex wrestled baron dax

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Supposedly Meltzer said on the latest WOR that the Sasha vs Charlotte rematch will take place in hell in a cell.

This has the potential to be either badass, or go horribly wrong (or be awful).

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/783277538042843136

my dude rovert had this on the last page check the thread title folks

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Billy Corgan should actually get Days of the New to show up its not like Travis Meeks is busy

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

they really dont have anybody else in the system ready do they

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/786722943673958400

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

cant gently caress finish a no dq match but we're splitting hairs here because charlotte is going to win

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

cant gently caress finish a no dq match but we're splitting hairs here because charlotte is going to win

told u

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

looks like a bad show

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Smackdown looks good, again

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm guessing Vince wants to see if the cruisers really want it by having them wrestling on Raw and then traveling to where SD is the next day to film 205.

most wrestlers wind up doing this anyway or work a house show in direct competition to the other brand so its not like this some cruel feat

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

spongeh posted:

So smart money bets called Survivor Series 100% last night, what has been the overall record of betting sites as the PPV started? I feel like they've been near 100% since I usually check this thread before the shows.

Almost always correct barring weird disputed dq finishes

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

taped in front of a Live audience

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Alain Post posted:

Bury 205 Live and bring back NXT Kids

i think the guy who did nxt kidz is the head writer for nxt now

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Benne posted:

Speaking of which, is NXT Kids ever seeing the light of day? They taped episodes with Graves and a bunch of kids on commentary, and we saw that leaked clip of Izzy interviewing Big Show, but I haven't heard anything of it since then.

it was produced for a student project not as a real tv pilot so it might leak somewhere down the line but i doubt wwe has any plans to do anything with it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

really? Now I'm wondering where I heard the opposite

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Solus posted:

Why you gotta put a nazi here man.

*nazi enthusiast

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bradzilla posted:

lol that Neville was the last non indie darling to be in the NXT title picture

Uh

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that boy is truly committed to the lamest post-wwe dream run ever

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Every face won at Tribute to the Troops except for the team named American Alpha

gently caress the troops imo

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

its the only streak wwe has left

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

I agree with Dave that at this point it'd be better (at least financially) breaking her streak at Mania, and in that case it should be Dana doing it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tato posted:

I expect everyone who said Ryan Satin was full of poo poo to give him a full apology

ryan satin deserves constant poo poo

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

super macho dude posted:

HeroOh No vs Nakamura is going to be a 6 star match

its good they give nakamura the best wrestlers in the company once a year to keep his mystique alive

Tato posted:

he sucks but he was right, giving him +100 wrestling scoop points. our scoopman does nothing but post about Charlotte sucking and Ric Flair making GBS threads his pants. we should trade for the superior scoopman.

the pants making GBS threads scoop is way better than chris hero's name

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

I mean it looked like a dark seg that was filmed to pop interest on facebook and they are still using assets from 2013 so maybe when he redebuts he comes out with a new theme and the Chris Hero name?

pretty sure its this

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big is beautiful

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

wrestlers prove themselves time and time again to have bad taste

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Hero's got the Performance Center to use now so I'm sure he'll drop some weight

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

He teased the elbow though that may not be canon

he was using elbows (generally to the back of the head) to finish guys in his last run