Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Squashing Tamina might be cool too. Getting a quick, decisive win over her would be as good or better than doing it with Lana, or she could just kill them both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wait did Carmella turn face or Ellsworth?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Robert Irvine is somehow involved in that match too.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ethan Page debuted for Impact as Chandler Park, a relative of Abyss/Joseph Park. James Storm lost a Loser/Winner Leaves Town match.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

the loser of the match is the winner by virtue of getting to leave tna

Yup. FWIW he lost the match to Dan Lambert, who has been openly bagging on TNA and pro wrestling in general in his promos and I guess now has to stay?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

Lmao is TNA really booking remaining with them as punishment?

Maybe not in theory but certainly in practice.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Could I BE any less paid?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

E: whoops wrong thread

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Don't forget that Dixie Carter also used the Harris Brothers to intimidate TNA production staff that were short paid because TNA couldn't afford to pay them what they were owed. They are complete fuckmen.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Well this just happened
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/951250858141986816

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm here for Cage/Lashley as Team Enlarged Hearts

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

2 Cage/Lashley matches and the formation of a Big Boy Club makes these tapings seem really fun. I might actually watch some TNA this month (or in February or whenever this poo poo is going to air)

Also Eddie getting facefucked with a bat

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Definitely WWE-bound

Probably for the New Orleans Takeover rather than Philly though, since they need some time to collect some clean Russian piss so he can pass a physical.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Scott Steiner, Bryan Cage, and Big Traps on the same show seems like it was designed in a lab to get me to watch.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What the christ, even with a king's bounty of good roidmen, they can't help but overbooking

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/953048057507172353

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

God loving damnit TNA.

https://twitter.com/TheRogueFan/status/953061788366581760

They paired up Scott Steiner with Eli Drake!!! :argh:

Dammit all I want is Roid Boys vs Fat Boys, I hate this company.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fight them both and unify the belts Asuka

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

If I were to build a WWE SuperstarTM from the ground up, it would look like Randy Orton.

I'll have you know that I've built several in the 2K games and most of them look like Kongo Kong.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Surely Eric Young has to be in a now or never situation by this point. Killian Dane and Nikki Cross are going to be stars, and there's the other dude I guess.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Without Sanity, Eric would probably just be a guy and would maybe join Tye Dillinger and Mike Kanellis working pre-Smackdown dark match openers. With Sanity he "backdoored" into a potential hot act main roster act.

I'm not sure about this, he's better in most ways than Roode outside of an intangible (and overhyped) 'main event star quality' that hasn't materialized for Bobby on the main roster at all. Given equal amounts of promo time as Roode gets I think EY would have a shot at being at a Rusev level.

As with all things it depends on how he'd be used, but he usually seemed to bring out the best of the mostly dumb stuff he was given in TNA, and that's about the most important main roster skill you can have.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sanity has to be a lock because they can't have two acts with that War Machine-rear end gear on the same show

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

wait isn't Cult of Lee their Wyatt Family ripoff or am I thinking of another faction

You're thinking of James Storm's stable of TJP, Sanada, and Abyss.

It's not really clear what Cult of Lee is.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I like it, but it maybe doesn't belong on the same show with Velveteen Dream.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Why is that bad again? The Roman match was always going to be a bathroom break regardless of who else was involved and Bryan/Miz is an improvement over Bryan/Cass. That also frees up Lashley, Owens, and Zayn for something else.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

OTOH, Lashley, Owens and Zayn may just be left off of the PPV altogether.

Still an improvement over any match with Jinder, though I imagine Lashley/Zayn will have some sort of street fight variant at least.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I get the idea of that but I have a hard time imagining that there's actually anyone who makes their ticket purchasing decision based on that one time Edge won a title at a house show or something.

I was at that house show and it did actually influence my decision to keep going to house shows, but I'm not sure if I'm typical or not.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Both nights of tapings honestly sound really dull and I'm glad I opted not to go.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I get the impression that he's just running out the dates he had left with TNA and then he'll be gone.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

with callis in the office and callihan representing tna on the jericho roh cruise and them promoting bone soldier with the bullet club and lion mark logos it seems entirely possible that impact becomes a canadian branch of the njpw-roh axis

ROH has always done better in Canada, or at least Toronto though. Drawing 300 for the Monday tapings and probably that or less for yesterday doesn't seem like it'd be worth undercutting ROH for.

I suppose it could happen if ROH was real thirsty for a partnership with Impact but ROH or even NJPW on it's own would outdraw an Impact-branded thing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I just realized that's the first time an NXT match will be on a main card show. That is going to absolutely destroy all the other matches, workrate-wise.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Every possible combination of Seth/Dean vs Dolph/Drew for the next 40 weeks. Buckle up boys

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nikki told him that his balls looked like Waluigi now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"Dream said he needs Sullivan to start wearing some pants"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't know if Drake was wearing skinny jeans or not but he's sure as poo poo older than a millennial.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Well shut my mouth. I thought for sure he was 40+

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cabbit posted:

You could do a lot worse than Drew McIntyre for your top heel, to be honest.

Yeah like Dean Ambrose

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shane Thorne and his partner Not Shane Thorne are so much better in WWE2K19 if you give them the Bella Twins entrance and movesets

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Poor Crazzzzy Steve. Bring back the blind guy and make him wrestle in the dark.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He and LeFort had a cup of coffee in Impact too, probably two sets of tapings maximum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Post Lars's rap sheet rovert