Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Followed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Pirate Jet posted:

I hope this guy's last tweet is on the day of the film and it just reads "nooooooo"

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Black Bones posted:

Croc's beautiful, haters gettin bit

Yeah, I really don't get the hate. I think the makeup looks fantastic.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

So many cycles of violence ended.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What are superhero comics for other than grand statements made in questionable taste? That's like, key to the success of the X-Men, as much as fetishistic otherness or incestuous soap opera stuff.

Growing up watching soap operas it's crazy how trashy/distasteful those can get. For good reason too: people love that poo poo. So of course the best comic books, which are straight up soap operas, ape that hard.

I wonder if soap opera writers get super jealous seeing how meme-ified the incest in Game of Thrones got.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That's the key, really. The main difference between GOT and Sons Of Anarchy that I could tell is that Sutter is a meddler and GRRM is a goldbrick.

Yuuuup.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

precision posted:

I mean, all I'm saying is that, whether any one person likes it or not, the MCU has successfully replicated the distribution and story-telling model of comic books, where you have stories and characters that spread out over multiple films that all tie in together.

That they not only got it right, but are the first people to have ever seriously tried doing it, is a pretty cool achievement. There have certainly been MCU films that I didn't like much (first Captain America, both Thors, etc) but to say they're bland garbage is as empty a sentiment as can exist. Superhero comic books are not high art either, and the success of the MCU is an indicator that they're doing something right. At some point it becomes ludicrous to assert that millions of people "just have bad taste".

It's the same reason I'll never say that Katy Perry is objectively worse than whatever obscure psychedelic band I like this week.

Is anyone saying the MCU isn't popular though?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

precision posted:

No, but people were saying "Despite the MCU being extremely popular and liked by many people, it's garbage" which is a ridiculous position to take unless you're a smug rear end in a top hat.

Not really. It happens to a lot of things all the time. food, sports, movies, TV shows.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

A little more gore under the fangs.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Diablo was surprisingly boss. I expected him to have a sneaky little character arc due to some of the later trailers but Jay Hernandez really came through. Although, it's not really a surprise that Ayer made the Mexican banger one of the better characters.

The whole Joker thing is weird because I think he's in it about the right amount, but it seems like there's a beat or two missing from Harley's story because of the cuts.

Also, Deadshot and Harley totally hosed in the stairwell before they rescued Waller, right?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I Before E posted:

Grief sex is the best sex.

You're telling me that whole "have you ever loved someone?" convo wasn't lead-up to full-out stairwell sex? Come oooooooon.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I Before E posted:

No I'm not, I'm saying they totally hosed and Deadshot accidentally called her Rick but it's OK because she called him Puddin'.

TWO TRAILER PARK GIRLS GO ROUND THE OUTSIDE

(You're right. Deadshot is obviously the Joker stand-in and Harley is def a Flag stand-in)

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Space Fish posted:

e: That scene also made me wonder how much WB offered Common to cause him to sell out so hard. Doesn't he normally rail against the image of gangstas trading women in strip clubs in favor of socially conscious messages?

He probably likes working with Ayer. He was in the best scene in Street Kings.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Lovechop posted:

that was other characters trying to get a rise out of him rather than about El Diablo himself, though. i thought he was a sick character personally. in a film that's all about these larger than life personalities who act before they think, he's this introspective quiet guy reflecting on his past. he was a fully realised character who had a whole arc over the course of the movie about owning his past actions and accepting himself. he finally came to terms with who he was and saved everyone by becoming a badass fire demon thing, he was cool as gently caress.

Diablo was pretty awesome. He also arguably had the biggest climb to make as a character, considering one of the first times we saw him he had a cartoon crown over his head.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Electromax posted:

Hey cool, I had some 60's Batman episodes on tape but I never saw that mask, didn't realize the mask in the TDK opening robbery was a reference to something.

I considered it a reference to The Killing

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

computer parts posted:

In Lego Batman (3?) they have a mission set with Adam West characters and the Joker figure has a very faint mustache as well.

https://twitter.com/jodamico1/status/761530997519384576

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Steve2911 posted:

I'd like the next incarnation of The Joker to be a woman.

A woman?!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

CelticPredator posted:

I think Chappie's legacy will only get worse. It's a movie while watching, I could tell very few people can tolerate it.

I love it though.

It's odd, I had the exact opposite reaction to Chappie. I have no problem loving movies while also seeing and understanding aspects that people wouldn't care for at all. I was baffled by the reception Chappie got.

Speaking of Ayer, Fury gave me the same reaction.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I really liked Leto in the scene with Common. It was so uncomfortable and feverish.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

:jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

So I told Jared to climb on the chinook.. he actually did it the absolute madman hahahahaha!

• Locked thread