Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I'm glad the hottie got with the cool rear end Tunnel Snakes guy instead of the goonie weirdo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

psychokitty posted:

btw gl with that they are internal

I think there are surgeries to fix that.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

maybe just turn up the thermostat

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I understand that if any more words come pouring out your oval office mouth, I'm gonna have to eat every loving Eggo in this room.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Pawn 17 posted:

It started off a little *meh* but picked up steam really quickly to the point I couldn't stop watching. Hope we get a season 2!

Also am I the only one who thought Winona did a horrible job acting? The kids, the teens and the sheriff were great but every time Winona was on screen I cringed a little bit.

Well she didn't steal the show, but she did walk out without paying.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I can show you a REAL tunnel snake, Nancy.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Tumble posted:

I asked this question in the "Bad Places To Be In An Action Movie" thread.

Has any character in any show or movie ever had a good result when they attach a retrieval cable to them? I feel like they draw back a bloody cable/rope every time, like that scientist they sent into the portal for the first time.

I know I've seen it work where it was a close call, but I'm blanking on specifics.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I've fought a hemidemisemigorgon, which I believe is 1/8th of a gorgon.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

psychokitty posted:

it's a demogorgon you fucktards

but that would be even worse than a gorgon, and a gorgons really bad

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I don't remember, but wasn't 11 a fluke while experimenting on adults? So the other ten would be adults.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

an author wrote something transgressive? better never shut the gently caress up about it!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

the upside down is the most confusing part of it - it's a mirror of our world but also a parallel dimension, so is it just an alternate reality where things went awry very recently (hence all the structures seen in our world seen being overgrown with xenofungus)? is the xenofungus creeping in through the portal in HNL how it all started in that dimension? what happened with that at the end of the season?

It's probably more like a shadow. So if a building is built in the main world a shadow of the building appears in the upside down.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

It'd be cool if they made everything left/right mirrored because if it is upside down and mirrored from the perspective of someone standing in it everything would appear to be left/right mirrored. Probably not worth the trouble though.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

which is why having a science teacher trying to explain it is a huge part of the plot :grin:

Maybe the boys' D&D understanding was more accurate. Which is more likely, that the creature can product terawatts of power on demand to bust a hole through spacetime or that it knows shadow step?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The Dennis System posted:

I don't know what that tumblr person is talking about, but the "hot" girl looks dangerously anorexic. Like, she looks like she needs to be hospitalized immediately.

uhhhhh-

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

chopping the hole in the wall was pretty dumb. don't you know how multiple planes of existence work, lady!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

because it was a pretty solid deal assuming they didn't just disappear everyone involved.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

her bottom half was fat

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

After covering up two deaths and killing a third person they probably hit a point where it's a better idea to bully a dozen people into keeping quiet than to somehow try to cover up a dozen more murders.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Booblord Zagats posted:

Was this what your mom would say during parent teacher meetings or something?

:drat:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

too thick on the bottom. too thick by much.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Science experiments gone wrong. Government agency covering it up. Half Life 3 confirmed.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Monomythian posted:

Just lol @ goons who are triggered by anime.

anime is haram

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Miyazaki doesn't count. Miyazaki is halal.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Well, I guess it's problematic since Will was apparently immobilized in his hideout and too weak to do anything... Maybe they are trying to imply that will is somehow intuitively connected to the Upside-Out, similar to 11? And therefore can manipulate things in the world without actually physically moving? After all, he's "different", and he ended up tied to the Upside-Down even after being saved from it...

I think he wasn't always immobilized. At the point they found him he would have been dehydrated pretty bad.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

More like Peg-me Blomquist!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

kaboom

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I guess the thinking is if he's homogeneous a bullet isn't going to do much, but in reality a bullet sends a shock wave through surrounding tissue which would do a hell of a lot more than a baseball bat.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Acne Rain posted:

If someone is dumb/delusional enough to think a Netflix show is real how will that part of the website help
It's so consescending

is joke. is for fun.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

fits my needs posted:

it looks like gay 80s poo poo engineered to appeal to the nostalgia of 35 year old goons who write really long posts about stuff that happened to them when they were in elementary school

it is in fact good, unlike your post which is bad.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

fits my needs posted:

nah, it's like :"hey remember watching ET as a kid!? well this is a more HARDCORE and GRITTY 8-hour ET mixed with a bunch of other 80s movies you fat piece of Netflix marathoning poo poo!"

a rather strong opinion to have about something you haven't watched in my opinion.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Does 'fanservice' mean animated titties?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

kindermord posted:

there's lots of talk about this show having so much john carpenter in it but no mention of how the actress who plays nancy will probably end up like karen carpenter

ya act like you aint never seen a skinny person before

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Kaedric posted:

If this image isn't hitting like 8 different buttons for you I don't even know man:

I don't know what the other 6 buttons are supposed to be.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Kaedric posted:

Guess someone isn't a fan of pecan pie

I would eat all those deserts.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Canned pudding only heals for 1d4+2.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

The fact that they recreated the 80s is the leas significant part of the show, yet it is the one aspect boring morons with nothing to say tend to latch upon.

By how some people are talking you'd think one of the characters yells, "king tut skit! remember that! from the 80s," and then winks at the camera.

e: Oh, that was '75, but it was still kickin' around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

ROFLburger posted:

nice meltdown :grin:

ice feltcrown

• Locked thread