Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

notZaar posted:

A shadow isn't a physical thing you dumb broad.

dont sass the op

oh wait that's me nm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

notZaar posted:

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Toadsniff posted:

Did WIll drink his own pee and eat left over Barbara for a week to survive in the harsh shadow wilderness?

You can survive easily without food for a week unless you're already dangerously malnourished. The water would be more of a problem but its theoretically possible to survive seven days without water depending on several variables. He was in pretty bad shape when they found him after all.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Didn't the bear trap and fire give that thing a hard time though

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

ROFLburger posted:

SHUT UP 99% OF THE TIME I'M RIGHT ALL THE TIME

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

ROFLburger posted:

The fire for sure made it unhappy and bleedy. It may just be following the standard horror monster trope where bullets don't do poo poo but fire hurts it a la vampires and werewolves in a lot of tales.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
If it's some kind of plant or fungus than it would make sense that fire and a weapon designed to crush are going to hurt it more than bullets

you can't efficiently chop a tree down with an SMG after all

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Any weapon designed to hurt unarmored people is going to blast apart apart a tree or mushroom but whatever it's fine it's a good show

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I guess the thinking is if he's homogeneous a bullet isn't going to do much, but in reality a bullet sends a shock wave through surrounding tissue which would do a hell of a lot more than a baseball bat.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Germstore posted:

I guess the thinking is if he's homogeneous a bullet isn't going to do much, but in reality a bullet sends a shock wave through surrounding tissue which would do a hell of a lot more than a baseball bat.

but steve had the bat so it was full of 80's hair magic

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
A badass nail bat. That thing could really tear apart spongy matter.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

psychokitty posted:

but steve had the bat so it was full of 80's hair magic

steve's hair imparts a +2 enchantment/silver bonus to all weapons against shadow fungus monsters

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

psychokitty posted:

i dont think you can eat in the upsidedown i think it's like suspended animation there's no growth or anything

You can definitely eat slugs and fungus. Pretty sure the Super Mario Bros movie took place in the upside down.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i already explained this you goddamn goons it's love

steve's love gave him efficacy where a bunch of workaday mooks weren't

will's family's love for him sustained him while no one gave a poo poo about barb

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Anyone have a gif of 11 floating the Millennium Falcon?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
they cut the government program's funding so they were rolling around with blanks most of the time.

evil old assassin woman was the only agent they gave real bullets to

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

CharlestonJew posted:

they cut the government program's funding so they were rolling around with blanks most of the time.

fuckin reagan

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
How does one get to work in one of those labs ? I have no problem following government orders

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Decebal posted:

How does one get to work in one of those labs ? I have no problem following government orders

Usajobs.gov

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

notZaar posted:

Usajobs.gov

Thanks ! :) See you on the experiment table !

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
everyone makes villains of the researchers, but really Joker's charge and burden was the greatest of any of the characters. he was on the frontline against the ruskies protecting the american way of life, and the bleeding edge of science itself.

yeah el is sympathetic and all but... if the gov ever got their hands on a real living working telekinetic, you couldn't just let that slide. you'd have to try and understand it

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Hey we got the space program thanks to Hitler's terror bombardments of London so yeah it's hosed up that a lot of technology is made from human suffering.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Actually it gets me hard

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
No one said science was gonna be easy.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The Department of Energy actually created a FAQ about what it does and how Stranger Things got it wrong

http://energy.gov/articles/what-stranger-things-didn-t-get-quite-so-right-about-energy-department

It's actually kinda cute

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

notZaar posted:

Oh yea? Then how do you explain this??

checkm8 :smugbert:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Madcosby posted:

The Department of Energy actually created a FAQ about what it does and how Stranger Things got it wrong

http://energy.gov/articles/what-stranger-things-didn-t-get-quite-so-right-about-energy-department

It's actually kinda cute

lol

"N-no. My friends and I are good guys, w-we're not a CIA f-front, t-this is n-not a nice thi-thing to say about us" :smith:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

that's a nice looking anime

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
drat the mini map takes up so much screen space lol

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Madcosby posted:

It's actually kinda cute

I would embrace the chance to look like a cool nerd instead of a lame nerd.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Actually it gets me hard

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Madcosby posted:

It's actually kinda cute

taking it way too personally, chappy

the Department of Energy labels are to disguise it as a front for whatever black project continuation of MK Ultra is going on I don't actually think the makers intended to indict the Department of Energy for being evil wizards

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Madcosby posted:

It's actually kinda cute

Honestly the fact that they even bothered to do this is kind of suspicious.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Anyone post this site yet?

http://makeitstranger.com/

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

VendaGoat posted:

:perfect:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I just know the department of energy is sitting on all kinds of clean energy tech, wouldn't be surprised if wormholes is one of em

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
If someone is dumb/delusional enough to think a Netflix show is real how will that part of the website help
It's so consescending

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Acne Rain posted:

If someone is dumb/delusional enough to think a Netflix show is real how will that part of the website help
It's so consescending

is joke. is for fun.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

Did I do it right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006