Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Calico Heart posted:

Tried watching more.

Show seems like it's just throwing its weight around, trying desperately to make you FEEL BIG THINGS without it actually making sense in the story. They cross-cut between different situations where its not appropriate, they have intrusive music gaudy music, they constantly tell uis rather than show us things about the characters...

All of this doesn't add up to a terrible show, but it adds up to a pointless one. Not ganna poo poo on anyone who enjoyed it but while I was watching I was constantly thinking "so what?"

Good article here pointing up some examples of this:

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/08/31/the-strange-motivations-of-stranger-things

I was going to be sarcastic about you taking personal offense at a show trying to elicit a response from you, but i want to curse you forever for introducing me to one of the dumbest things i've ever encountered "Film Critic Hulk"

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Calico Heart posted:

He's a professional screenwriter who takes on a silly role because sometimes he critiques things that would not be a smart career move to attach his name to. I mean good job refuting his points I guess???

if someone wants me to refute their points they probably shouldn't chose the single stupidest way to articulate those points and then present them in a way that is painful to read

Edit: The fact he has been doing this for years apparently and in 5 minutes I came up with a much better gimmick on the same premise doesn't speak to his cleverness or insight or his judgement.

"Film Critic Puny Banner" where 90% of it is reasoned debate while he periodically hulks out at things he doesn't like is like 50x better than what this guy is doing

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 3, 2016

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
if the guy is melting down into deconstructions of something only having seen like 40% of it he's either too dense to understand it or is just an opinion hipster that needs the attention that comes with disagreeing with everyone

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Calico Heart posted:

you're being a div mate!

we don't speak limey here, this is america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
sorry, im not going to read your posts but spend 10x the amount of time it would take to read them complaining about them

• Locked thread