Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

dog days are over posted:

Why did Hop put waffles in the box, why did Will puke slugs, oommgg

My guess is 11 is still alive and living in the woods and the slug will threw up is to leave it open to a season 2 where slug gets into the water supply and infects more people or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Blue Train posted:

the first season was all right I guess but oh man the second one is extremely bad

Same here. Season one was OK, but season 2 is just all of the worst characters who came back for a second season.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I thought that's what would happen until the last minute when Mike went and threw up the worm in the sink. I would at least think the Sheriff and 11 will be back once poo poo hits the fan when the worm gets into the city's water supply and people start flipping out.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

mind the walrus posted:

Oh and loving hardcore :lol: at anyone who says this show is like Stephen King. 80s King was way more vulgar than anything in here. Your average "Tales from the Darkside" episode is closer to Stephen King than this.

Double loving hardcore :lol:

:laffo:

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 5, 2016

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The Dennis System posted:

Winonna Ryder's character is a constantly screeching lunatic who seems completely unrelatable.

Lol... This guy has never met a poor single mother who is overly protective of their children. She played it very well.

Except today, they screech on Facebook.

Oh, and CineD is that way - - - >

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Lastgirl posted:

ooh good point

plus Will was infested by some weird slug so his harrowing journey is not at an end here

Brenner will be Kerrigan p much

Oh, but I wish it was an all new cast because all ends are tied up and the slug Will coughed up, went down sink into the town's sewage couldn't possibly have any repercussions that could possibly spawn a whole new season....IDGI!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I'm Mike D and I get nosebleeds.
Your cash and your eggos is what I expect.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Decebal posted:

How come 11's hair doesn't grow ? Did the whole show took place in the span of 1 week or something ?

Jfc...

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

fits my needs posted:

it looks like gay 80s poo poo engineered to appeal to the nostalgia of 35 year old goons who write really long posts about stuff that happened to them when they were in elementary school

gently caress you're self

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

8 track betamax posted:

People calling this a love letter to the 80s need to be stoned to death

I'm in

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Calico Heart posted:

Tried watching more.

Show seems like it's just throwing its weight around, trying desperately to make you FEEL BIG THINGS without it actually making sense in the story. They cross-cut between different situations where its not appropriate, they have intrusive music gaudy music, they constantly tell uis rather than show us things about the characters...

All of this doesn't add up to a terrible show, but it adds up to a pointless one. Not ganna poo poo on anyone who enjoyed it but while I was watching I was constantly thinking "so what?"

Good article here pointing up some examples of this:

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/08/31/the-strange-motivations-of-stranger-things

Click

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Hogge Wild posted:

you're a retard

E: YOU RETARD

Quoted for truth

Also, Calico Heart, most hate-watchers hang out in TVIV. Hope that helps.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 5, 2016

• Locked thread