Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Teen Titans Go features an episode wherein Robin teaches the Titans (and viewers) how to be a slumlord so it is a cool and good show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFgs18qh1Yg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

Word's leaked to my Facebook and now that damned SJW thing is being tossed around. What a mess.

I was about to ask "what RoboCop thing?" but then I hit quote. I think this is my new favorite word filter.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

What I find tragic about the Batgirl brouhaha that it ends up diluting the story. It's obscured the actual adaptation in discussion.

Yeah, someone said it in the last thread, but by making Barbara and Bruce gently caress-buddies they change the story from being about Joker torturing Gordon by hurting his daughter to being about Joker torturing Gordon
as well as
Batman by hurting Barbara, since now she's Batman's lover. It essentially makes Gordon less important despite the fact that he's one of the central characters.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Comic Book Animation Thread: BSS's Fan Interpretation Portal

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Are we seriously talking about how Batman is a silly concept like a bad Cracked article?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

Avengers finally started again. Black Widow causes the terrigen bomb. Kamala was only in there for like 5 seconds. Maybe next week :/

Wait, what? How? Why? Like, I know the cartoon is only roughly adapting comics, but Black Widow setting off the bomb is a big diversion. How do they play that out?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That is... so weird.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's not hard to have better writing than Arkham Knight.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

They just announced season 4 and 2 of those (AA: Secret Wars) and apparently the Captain Marvel of AA (her hair is so HIDEOUS) shows up in season 2 of GotG, so that's connected.

ugh, why?

Youtube recommended that I watch a big "Avengers vs. Thanos" the other day and I thought "this'll be terrible but I have to see, I have to see if maybe things are better".

But the show continued to live down to expectations. God it's just so bad.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Getting canceled was just part of the Light's plan :tinfoil:

I really do think the first season had promise, then the second blew it, so hopefully this new season is a little more s1 than s2.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Plus his logic is pretty sound. "I don't have experience fighting Doom, so I'll bring in the experts, who are all powerful heroes in their own right". It makes sense.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Wow, I know everyone says DC's house animation is bland, but it's never really struck me until that screenshot. I just know it's going to be bad, sight unseen.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

purple death ray posted:

Batman and Robin is actually good but this is the animation thread

Ugh this argument again..

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

haitfais posted:

There will always be at least one really stupid thing.

That's basically comics.txt

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TFRazorsaw posted:

I dunno. I've always felt that "every single one of Batman's rogues needs to be a Hollywood crazy person" is something the mythos has been too reliant on him.

I liked The Batman's take on him as a mirror of Bruce (Bruce, not Batman) whose family never made as good as the Waynes and now as its only heir Ozzy is just this petty little pipsqueak who runs around wasting his family's money being a supercriminal.

Really, there are a lot of Bat villains I think TB handled better than BTAS. Firefly and Riddler come to mind.

I really like The Batman but even I will not stand up for Marilyn Manson Riddler, drat man.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Timeless Appeal posted:

It's very clean animation. The problem is that it's just very plainly directed with obviously pretty boring storyboards and no sense of style.

Take its version of the Super Mutant fight

Now compare it to the TNBA version

Just take the "I'm the surgeon" moment alone. In the confines of Kids WB, TNBA is able to get across a much more brutal moment.

Man watching those clips just makes me disappointed that Ironside wasn't Batman in the DKR movie.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

YJ Season 1 was good? What bizarro world did I walk into?

I think YJ started rough but ultimately finished pretty well in it's first season and it looked pretty promising.

And then the second season flushes all that promise down the drain and is just awful. But then, I shouldn't be complaining, that would be playing right into The Light​'s hands...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The Music Meister just made an appearance on The Flash/Supergirl crossover episode a few weeks back, and he debuted on Batman: The Brave and The Bold.

(If you wanna get pedantic he acted more like Mxyptlk, but he was billed as the Music Meister and it was a musical)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ToastyPotato posted:

Does Diggle have the worst helmets in the world in the comics too?

No thank God.

Aphrodite posted:

Diggle also got brought over from Arrow into the comics.

Felicity was already there but as a totally different character. Firestorm's stepmother or something?

It's kind of a reach because it's not really Thea, but Oliver now has a little half-sister who wears red and fights alongside him.

For more kinda-sorta crossovers, the new Wasp in Marvel is Hank Pym's daughter Nadia. And people were quick to point out that Nadia means "hope" in many languages but surely that's not related to Hope Pym from the Ant-Man movie. :D

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well it'd be hard to be worse than Ultimate Spider-Man, so whatever, I'm down with this.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Reinanigans posted:

Holy poo poo, I forgot Justice League Action was a thing. Yeah, I saw like 8 or 10 episodes. Pretty good stuff!

Yeah, it's just stuck in the worst time slot in the world so no one watches it!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SlothfulCobra posted:

MTV Spiderman will always be the worst Spiderman cartoon to me.

I've never seen it but I refuse to believe that a SM show could be worse than Spider-Man Unlimited.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
TTG had an entire episode where the Titans become slumlords and for that alone it is great

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

I could be remembering poorly, but I'm almost certain there are LT episodes of Bugs just being a smarmy rear end in a top hat to Daffy or Porky simply because he could.

One of the best and most well-regarded Looney Tunes ever is "Duck Amuck", a 7 minute short wherein Bugs Bunny tortures Daffy Duck by ripping his very reality asunder.

Roth posted:

So long as we all agree that the Brotherhood of Evil in the original Teen Titans series were the best villains.

Yeah I'll back that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

To be fair, it's better than most of the DTV DC movies as of late.

That's like, the lowest bar to clear.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Spaceman posted:

And yet Assault on Arkham was better than Suicide Squad.

You mean Oscar™-winning Suicide Squad? No way :rolleyes:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I heard that it starts getting bad after the first season or two but I guess I'll give it a shot.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Are they seriously gonna keep that poo poo from the other cartoon where Amadeus Cho is wearing the Iron Spider suit for no apparent reason?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I still can't believe DC's going to try and launch their own streaming service for basically... just Young Justice, unless they're gonna rip the CW shows off of Netflix and put them there too. I certainly haven't seen any announcements for other shows coming to this yet to be launched service, at least. I know there is a very vocal YJ fanbase but I think it's gonna be interesting to see how many people pay up vs how many just pirate it.

Also I haven't been keeping up with anything about the next season of YJ but if they don't have an actual name and Batman's still calling them "The Team" or something I will flip my poo poo be unnecessarily mad.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 21, 2017

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I completely forgot that live action Titans thing was happening, wow.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vakal posted:

Assault on Arkham was so much more enjoyable than the actual SS movie

The lowest bar to clear...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Probably needs to lose the fanny-pack though

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

I still have no idea how anyone can look at the BTAS Catwoman, and the TNBA Catwoman and think the latter is anything but a massive misstep.

I'll go out on a craaazy limb and say it was related to Tim Burton/Batman Returns. I mean, I won't disagree that it (and many of the TNBA designs except for Scarecrow) looks bad, but changing the look of characters to fit their most popular incarnation is just what the Big Two do.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

purple death ray posted:

It's definitely not, Returns is the whole reason BTAS Selina has blonde hair and BTAS Penguin has flipper hands. Both of them changed to be comic accurate when the art style changed. By that time the Burton movies were far enough away they could ignore them.

If I had to guess it was all about being easier to animate, with less detail and simpler outfits.

Yeah but she looks relatively normal in BTAS whereas TNBA gives her that Michelle Pfeiffer ghost white skin.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

amigolupus posted:

Ah, thanks! This clears up a lot of things. CN's really horrible at managing its shows. And while I don't get to watch TTG much, it's honestly kind of fascinating how much ire it gets.

I feel for Dini but frankly that whole era of CN trying to do live-action shows was pretty loving dire and I'm glad it's in the rear view of the world.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I wrote off GLTAS because the pilot looked like a bargain bin PS2 game but I've seen clips in my YouTube recommended feed and it looks like it turned into a pretty good show. I keep thinking I'll watch the whole thing one of these days but then end up putting it off. Is it streaming anywhere?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

GL was definitely the better show that got the most unfair deal due to the Ryan Reynolds movie being a massive flop.

Catching up on the new Spider-man cartoon: three episodes came out yesterday, making a symbiote arc (i think, i've only seen the first one so far) and man, that's a strong debut for Dark Spider-man. I really dig the Sandman stuff, too. The show is kinda loud about how much it uses the science angle, but I like how family is a bit more subtle, yet just as important. However, most emotional and in-depth thoughts kinda fly away with how loving cool Symbiote Spider-man's debut was, that was some SSJ poo poo right there.

Wow, kinda surprised they did the symbiote so soon. Don't get me wrong, I know it's an important Spider-story, but it seems like most of the cartoons till now have waited a while before introducing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Timeless Appeal posted:

It was the finale to Spectacular's first season with Eddie being a big figure from the jump. TAS did it in the eighth episode.

Really? Wow, my memories of the 90s TAS are worse than I thought. I redact my previous comment then.