Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

redbackground posted:

pssst your pics aren't showing

Endless Mike posted:

Images definitely aren't loading.

For me they didn't show until I removed the "s" in the https of this forums adress. https sometimes interferes with some embedded pictures. I guess that's the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Why does Tinypic still use http anyway? That seems like a thing which would come up quite often.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
How many spiderpeople are there in this ultimate spiderman cartoon? I watched a few episodes and in each of them another one appeared.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Ultimate Spider-man, Iron Spider (Peter for an ep.), Iron Spider (Amadeus Cho), Spider-man/Kid Arachnid (Miles Morales), Venom (Peter for an ep.), Venom (Harry Osborn for an ep.), Agent Venom, Scarlet Spider (Kaine but named Ben Riley), Carnage (Just Symbiote goo taking over people), Anti-Venom (Harry Osborn for an ep.), Kaine (experiment goop thing that dies fast) and Carnage Queen/Spider-Woman (Mary Jane)

Plus 2 different 4-parters called Spider-verse and Return to the Spider-verse, in which we get Spider-man 2099, Noir, Spider-Woman (Petra Parker [also Joan J. Jameson]), Spider-Ham, Spider-Knight and some others probably and the second one has Spider-Noir again but also Blood-Spider (spider-man from a world that's being consumed by vampires), Web-Beard the Pirate, Web-Slinger the cowboy, Wolf-Spider (an evil Peter), Spider-Punk and Spider-Gwen.

Seasons 1 and 2 are very spiderpeople free, tho.
Wow. That is a lot of spiderpeople. Notably they haven't showed Cindy Moon in there yet.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Reinanigans posted:

You have the worst goddamn taste lmao

Young Justice is back. The people have spoken. Democracy works!!!

No it doesn't!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The article on the Marvel site is a tad better than that stupid Buzzfeed article.

I really like this roster.
But now I'm kinda missing Kate Bishop there. The patriot is sort of stupid and introducing us to her was the best thing he did. Maybe at some point in the future.
Did Stacey have pink streaks before at some point, or did she steal that hairdo from the other Gwen?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 7, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Dexo posted:

They probably did need to come up with an actual name for the character.

I could just be forgetting forget what other characters call her in her own series.
It's technically Spider Woman. But frankly that name is kind of overused.
In fact, there are about 40 different spider themed heroes and villains. The names are sorta running thin.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

IronSaber posted:

Was Spider-Girl not an obvious choice?

Well... Same problem
Also it feels kinda skeevy to call someone Spider-Girl when she went by Spider-Woman so far.

IronSaber posted:

Dammit.

*E* What about Spider-Lady?

Why yes it is taken!
I wasn't really kidding when I said there were 40 different spider themed people around. It's really excessive.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 7, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I like the fact that Quake seems to be (part) Asian. They probably did that to reflect Chloe Bennet. Even though that doesn't really look like her at all.
Or was Daisy's mother always Asian? She doesn't really look like it in the comics.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Do you know how much it costs to hire people who can do perspective?

And don't forget all the feathers!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I still like the Spiderman cartoon.
Brock is just the worst, though.
*Stares at a picture of Peter, his dead uncle and lack of parents.* "Why do you have everything?! It's so unfair! :mad:"

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 17, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I still like the ongoing Spider Man cartoon. Using Panda Mania is a deep cut.

Also Anja is kinda awesome, if a bit selfish. "Yeah, I could use my spider powers to fight crime. It's sorta fun, but I just love science, so getting into college is way more important. Someone else can clean up those streets.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

Financially speaking Batman's money and Bruce Wayne's fortune are completely different things.

Soon all rich billionaires will have secret ID's to avoid paying tax.

Tony Stark and Spiderman both hired themselves as their personal bodyguard. That seems like an embezzling scheme.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
What happened to the most recent Spider-Man cartoon? It's been a while since I've heard anything about it. I enjoyed that and want to see where the thing from the last episode is going.

Edit: well the first episode of season 2 started in June last year so I guess it might come back then.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 12, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yeah, I thought so. Well on the plus side that means they didn't feel the need to kill off Gwen.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
To be honest, Venom is really not that great of a villain. And in the iteration Brock is even more of a pathetic loser than usually. He was so mad at Peter for having been given everything in his life. You know, orphan and notoriously unlucky screwup Peter Parker.
I'm pretty sure Venom was looking at a picture of Ben at that point.

But maybe they'll ditch Brock and give the symbiote to Flash.

Eddie Brock is garbage.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I really like how science heavy this iteration is. Pretty much everyone involved is a giant dork. Flash Thompson was in one episode and just super proud how he won the midtown high science fair with his baking soda volcano. :3:
Hell, Kraven is an internet celebrity, who livestreams his hunts.
Also, it's good how proactive Peter's friends are. Most of all Gwen. She's not just girl-who-dies-at-some-point.
And Kamala shows up in one episode.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that I actually really like that silly cartoon.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 30, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Vandar posted:

I like Harley Quinn a whole bunch.

That trailer is not something I think I like.

Same, but the opposite.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The Spider-Man cartoon came back. The first new episode was centered around Gwen and quite fun. There was kind of a convenient Deus Ex Machina. But I'll allow it, since it's worth it.
Apparently, there will be three more episodes, before this season is over and the show returns in spring.
I still don't really get why Disney did a mid season break spanning over a year. Maybe they completely rewrote and reshot everything they had for the other episodes, because some marketing synergy paradigm shift. :shrug:

But it is really weird to air 13 episodes of a season, wait a year and air four more, to finish the season for good, right?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 8, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I was joking before, but this should warrant a probation at least.

I think being a war criminal warrants a harsher punishment than that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yay! The Spider-Man cartoon introduced Anna-Marie Marconi. I didn't think they would go there. But she's great, so I like having her around.

Also, more Flash Thompson!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Honestly, yes. I thought so too. Do high-school teachers even have assistants?

But I guess it's important to see that she's a capable scientist, who rises through the ranks.

Superiorpete was talking something about having a chance to finally get Parker's degree. Maybe it's implied that Midtown high has some sort of cooperation with the university and that's what Anna-Marie does?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Oct 7, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Skwirl posted:

They'll occasionally have college students getting on the job experience helping out, that usually lasts a semester.

Oh right, that's a thing, yes.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That was a nice conclusion to the superior Spider-Man storyline in the cartoon.
It totally makes sense that Venom would taste the difference.
Interestingly, Anna-Maria now knows Spideys secret identity. As far as I remember, he hasn't even revealed that to Gwen. I hope that means, she will show up again.
Otto considered Flash a friend. :3:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Still a huge fan of the way the Spider-Man cartoon is developing Otto. He's just such a giant arrogant doofus who really needs to get over himself, but still feels like he wants to help. Also he and Anna-Maria are really cute together. :3:

I just hope that they don't just suddenly status quo the guy, or reveal that he has a secret weapon smuggling rig going on on the side. If he returns to his thing I hope it will be a bit more motivated than the most recent comic series.

It does feel kinda weird that Anya and Gwen still don't know about Peter. I don't really see why Miles would not clear the air about all of that. But I guess that will happen soon.

I basically like the interpretation of every character so far. It's a really fun show.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 3, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Gotta assume it's so Spider-man can recruit them to fight the Goblin Nation without them being angry at Peter. Then the mask gets ripped dramatically and trust issues ensue. Trust issues that would've been solved had Peter just told them and Max. That's definitely the weakest part of the show for me.

"You kept that from us, but told Doctor Octopus?! Are we even friends?"

I can sorta understand not telling Max, because he's an authority figure. But he actively solved Spider-Man problems with the girls and still feels the need to lie to them whenever he arrives late or vanishes randomly. Sure, he hadn't had a chance to fix that recently, but he had ample opportunities before.

Come to think of it, this adaption has basically used every character they could think off. They even used Screwball and Pandamania. I do wonder when MJ makes her debut. I'd assume she's at Midtown high. I vaguely remember some scene alluding to her, quite a long time ago. I think she was the local sport mascot, or something?

I do want to see a bit more of Midtown High. Horizon is cool and all, but it's kind of a weird dynamic if every person in Peter's life is a super genius. But maybe Otto will manage to raise the local grade average significantly, somehow.

Also one little nice thing. Peter had an active goal of making JJJ hate him again, because the alternative felt just way to weird. I sorta love that.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 5, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Lobok posted:

Ah, ok. Well that's fine then. I had heard about season 3 and thought the discussion about season 2 was about the whole thing as if it was done.

They took a year long break during season 2. That might be what caused the confusion.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Man, I am repeating myself and nobody seems to care, but that Spider-man cartoon is really good.
Anna-Maria is such a great addition and every scene with her an Otto is great.

I'm starting to think that Pete just doesn't trust Gwen and Anya, though. Their team consists of seven members and those two are the only ones who don't get to know his identity for some reason. They even decide to tippy-toe around it in a short comment. I guess the show is working towards some sort of reveal, where they will have figured it out a few minutes earlier, but it feels incredibly weird.
On the other hand, it might sort of make sense, since they don't really like Pete right now. But that's also just because he didn't bother to tell them anything about that stuff.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Lobok posted:

I would/will care but I gotta catch up first!
One thing I find interesting is that taken together with Into the Spider-Verse and the PS4 game it seems like any new adaptation leans into the team of Spider-People instead of just being about Parker. Well, unless it's live action.

I didn't really watch it that much, but the previous Spider-Man cartoon went that route in the end too. There were dozens of spider-people and venom-versions around. It was kinda ridiculous.

I guess the show maker just realize that it's more fun to include the side characters, rather than letting them sit on the side lines. At least that's the reason Gwen found a miracle gem which returned her powers.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ThermoPhysical posted:

This video is a spoiler if you've not seen the last few episodes of Season 2 of Marvel's Spider-Man. Luckily, the thumbnail isn't much of one but if anyone wants me to put it in a text link, I can. I just wanted to embed the video is all.

Disney and Marvel are not loving around with this trailer. Also I like the music which is "Uprise" by All Good Things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfH6Pjui2O8

Though I'm really, really worried that they'll have Ock go evil again...especially after the clip they used in the trailer.

Huh, that episode was kinda interesting and not quite what I expected.
I really loved how Anna-Maria immediately shuts Ock down, when he started his little manic villain tirade.
The ending felt a bit silly, but I guess they didn't want to show a realistic depiction of fatal brain seizures. I can sort of understand and accept that. Would have ruined the tone too.

And in the final scene, Peter technically still hasn't revealed himself to Anya, Gwen and Max. And that's even though he ran around with half of his mask missing, Otto called him out by name and it's the only reason for him to be around there.
Max seems to have figured it out by now, but I would not be surprised if next season this shocking revelation will stun the girls. Or maybe they finally clear that up off camera. I dunno.

Either way, fun show, nice season finale.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

Why does DC animation love Harley so much? I am still trying to scrub the batmobile fart scene out of my mind :eyepoop:

Because suicide squad was the only DC movie which was sort of successful and that was mainly because that actress.

For what it's worth, I kinda enjoyed this first episode of this cartoon. I guess it will be alright. Unless they start to backpedal and make her reconsider her feelings for the Joker, in which case, gently caress this. I also agree, that it should be gayer. But there is one scene, where Ivy tells Harley that she likes her in some way she can't quite figure out, while looking away with some slight embarrassment. Also, that fight scene was actually kinda neat and had a clear flow and structure.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Dec 2, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Hypocrisy posted:

Episode 1 of Harley Quinn is on Youtube if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap1vdCpxukU

Three episodes, I'd recommend Harley Quinn. Humor lands pretty well overall, though personally I thought the first episode was the least funny of the three (Bane in episode 2 was just too drat funny).

That show is actually quite good. Never been a fan of Harley, or DC in general, but it strikes a fun tone. I like it so far. But episode 1 was a bit to chaotic in trying to set up stuff.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
What's your opinion on Super Hero Girls? I decided to give it a chance and I really enjoy it. The main characters are all kind of caricatures, but they gel really well together. And some of the deep well of side characters can really mix up the dynamic quite well.
I am not the biggest DC fan, but I like most interpretation of characters in that particular universe. The comedic timing and exaggerated facial expressions are well done too.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Honestly Super Hero Girls has my favorite incarnation of Supergirl in that it gives Kara an actual personality. That said personality is 'good-hearted thug with a penchant for rock music' is a feature.

I love how she absolutely despises her goodie two shoes cousin, who everyone else is sooo infatuated with.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

I'm guessing they did it mostly to differentiate Bumblebee from prior animated versions of her

Well that and Lauren Faust clearly doing some copy pasting of archetypes from Pastel Talking Horse Show

Yeah, though they obviously divert a bit, it's kinda weird how well you can map each of the characters to one of those horses.

Honestly, I don't really know a lot about Jessica Cruz (or any of the Lanterns, really) from the comics, but this version of her character feels better then what you're describing. Outright agoraphobia doesn't really lend itself well to a fast paced comedy show. At least not without mocking people who are afflicted. Her character on this show is especially great if she drops her gentle demeanor and gets to play the exhausted straight person who has to put up with all of that bullshit.
Is she also a pacifist in the comics? I do like that. At least it means that she wont just continuously use her glow-ring to cast fist.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I guess the minimal MJ scenes were just there to establish that she exists and that Peter knows and kinda likes her. She was not important whatsoever, but I guess this helps set the scene if that were to change.
For example, if a bad guy takes a room full of people hostage, it would be really awkward if Peter would need to mentally exposition how he knows the red headed girl who's trying to sneak away.

If MJ doesn't show up at all anymore, it would be really pointless.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The Spider-Man cartoon finally gave MJ something to do.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Technically, they haven't said if there's going to be a season four, I think.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I agree. It was fun as a campy parody for a short time, but beyond that? Hard pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

I love Marvel. I love Patton Oswald. I love MODOK!

I don't really love this, though. Maybe it's the artstyle, maybe the trailer is just bad, but I really did not like what I saw there.