Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Images definitely aren't loading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Air is lava! posted:

For me they didn't show until I removed the "s" in the https of this forums adress. https sometimes interferes with some embedded pictures. I guess that's the point.

Guess I won't be seeing the pics then!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Do people really not understand the difference between a character that readers have had years to come to enjoy and love and an unseen before McGuffin murder victim?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MY Batman has ears at minimum one head tall.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kurzon posted:

Mods, please hand out some loving bans or probations because this revolting behavior should not go unpunished. Even YouTube feels more comfortable than this thread. I paid $10 to get an account on this forum because I was promised a community that was more civil than that of 4chan and YouTube but this thread is just the worst.

Agreed unironically

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's almost panel for panel because it has roughly twice the frames of animation as panels.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wow upwards of THREE frames of animation per second!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I kinda doubt Dini was writing incidental environmental dialogue

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, the Hobbit movies were not good at all wtf.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Reinanigans posted:

smdh look at all these poor saps who can't enjoy hunky dwarf man adventures against cool dragons voices by Doctor Sherlock Strange

Parse that sentence for a second and you'll know I'm right.

Nope, they're real bad.

Like maybe if they had stuck to two movies they would have been okay.

Or god, just made a single movie.

But no, they had to make it a trilogy because that is the cool thing to do and they were all bad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Metalshark posted:

For Secret Wars, wasn't it that the X-Men VAs were in Canada, except for the lady who played Storm who was based in LA, and they couldn't afford to fly them down or similar?

Thus, she was unable to MEET THEM AT THE MONORAIL!

Very little voice work is done with all the actors at once so while this may be true, it also has nothing to do with anything.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They didn't ban the Liontamer. He stopped using it since most WWE/F guys are to tall for him to apply correctly.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I bought Batman '66 on Blu-Ray since it's not streaming anywhere. Yaaay. (Plus it was on sale for like $50 for the entire series.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I started ripping my spinning plastic discs to my Plex server, but stopped when I realized it's way easier and faster to just :filez: them. I don't really have any ethical qualms about this.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's okay to post things that are correct.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Didn't the New Batman Adventures segment have him narrating over the action? It's been awhile since I've watched it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The sad part is a 7ish minute segment is better in literally every way than the full adaptation.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

Does Coulson count?

Please don't discuss Cheese in BSS.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lightning Lord posted:

No, he had a golden arm,
No, he was Arsenal when he had a golden arm

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I had a dream last night where I saw numbers and I've been upset all day that BTAS lied to me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

Is it remastered or anything special? Or is it basically going to more or less be the Amazon streaming version?

Polygon says they're remastering it.

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/10/...source=facebook

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sorry what do you mean by "none of the stories had continuity"? Do you just mean that things happening in one book may or may not affect what's happening in others?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lightning Lord posted:

Seeing as how he's coming from manga I assume he means one continuous story told by one creator from beginning to end.
There's lots and lots of American comics like that though? Not so much Marvel/DC, but there's plenty of indie books that run for years with one set of creators, or at worst, one writer with multiple artists.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

HIJK posted:

That's part of my criticism of super hero comics in general. I also think that's why the movies always go back to the origin story script, because they have to introduce the protagonist and make people care about them as if they were 3 dimensional people.
You do not need an origin story to care about characters.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Becky Quinn

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

good day for a bris posted:

I believe his plan was to force the UN to give him Genosha by threatening to reverse the poles and kill humanity. I'm not going to say it was one of his greater plans, but that was the entire thing.

It worked so it was a pretty good plan really.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The "my childhood!" crowd will never cease to amaze me. Like, so they are remaking a thing. It doesn't remove whatever it was you enjoyed, be it a movie or TV show or toy line. Go seek those out.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, CGI being cheaper than traditional animation has been the case for awhile. It's why most TV cartoons, if not standard CG are still largely done on computers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Barry Convex posted:

It's pretty much only Japanese studios that deliberately lower the framerate on cel-shaded CG, though, and that doesn't have much of anything to do with budget.

Sure it does. Fewer frames means less rendering time means faster, cheaper animation.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

If I have learned anything, it is that any kind of ambiguity in story telling, no matter how temporary, will send most internet fans into a head clutching, rocking back and forth tantrum. Merely suggesting that something was intentionally ambiguous (because you know, it is a common tool of story telling) does it, actually. I mean, sure I am exaggerating a bit, but Jesus do people not like ambiguity on the internet when it comes to their nerdy stories. "He's DEAD. FOREVER. REEEEEEEEE."

Even where there is not ambiguity, people will write articles or make YouTube videos about how Obi-Wan is Luke's REAL father or whatever based on two lines of dialog taken out of context.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's Black Lightning, not Static.

The rest are Katana, Geo-Force (maybe?), uhhhh Parademon or Bug? no idea, and Metamorpho

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This reads more as the Outsiders than Young Justice.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JT Smiley posted:

Wait, are they seriously doing another time skip/ cast change?
Why use well-liked characters like Kid Flash and Superboy when you can have Geo-Force and a Parademon?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

purple death ray posted:

Wow sure hope the show moves more like the clip at the end and not the segments with Lion-O and the TV cause woof.

Clip at the end looks neat though. It looks like Adventure Time but every character is one of those rough-housing viking dudes from the Boom Boom Mountain episode.

It's going to be more like the TV segments. The bit at the end is the intro where they can actually spend money since they'll be using it for every episode.

All that said, original Thundercats is atrocious so it's not like being better is a high bar or anything.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Android Blues posted:

Yeah this whole "CalArts style" meme is total nonsense that's being spread around by disingenuous people who have no clue about animation. At this point it is largely just a codeword for "SJW art don't like it bluch". It's been used as a pejorative for years, during which time the popular stylistic trends in animation have changed repeatedly, which sort of underlines its meaninglessness. Half the time it means, "I think anything that isn't a pseudo-realistic style is bad".

https://twitter.com/wyattmihn/status/997671032239611904

Note the weird focus on gender as opposed to things like composition, silhouette and motion i.e. actual animation concerns.

I saw this tweet on Polygon's actually researched takedown of the "CalArts" complaint (hint: people were making the same complaint 20 years ago and it was just as untrue then as it is now) and I have to assume it's being ironic that they chose a picture of some identical anime things as the "good" art.

Also original Thundercats was godawful 80s toy commercial garbage that somehow made He-Man seem good in comparison, so getting as far away from that as possible can only be a positive thing as far as I'm concerned. And I was the prime age for it when it was being made.

I guess animation just needed its "gate"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jake Lloyd has absolutely spoken about being bullied due to being Anakin, but it was largely from peers he interacted with daily, which isn't at all like being harassed across social media. But yeah, schizophrenia probably ended any ambitions he may have had. Christensen never stopped acting though, so I don't know where that came from.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm not a girl or a child so I can't possibly care less about She-Ra, but it will be funny seeing white men melt down that it's not like "their" She-Ra.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

The Ms Pac-Man/Galaga cabinet is probably the most popular arcade machine of the 21st century. You can find them everywhere. Put your quarters in and press Up up up, down down down, left, right, left, right, left, and it'll let you play regular Pac-Man instead.

I always heard Ms Pac-Man was made because Pac-Man was so popular with women they wanted to double down.

good day for a bris posted:

Story I heard was Ms. Pacman was made because they wanted a sequel to Pacman and they found out someone had already done the majority of the work on an unlicensed clone which was a major issue in those days, so they took the majority of the work from that cuz what's the worst the original designers could do?
These are both different amounts of true. General Computer Corporation started work on a Pac-Man enhancement kit they were calling Crazy Otto while they were in the midst of a lawsuit with Atari. Part of their settlement terms were that they couldn't make conversion kits anymore. Midway wanted a Pac-Man sequel sooner than Namco could deliver, so they bought Crazy Otto and, with the cooperation of Namco and GCC, made some changes, including making the main character a female. A Midway worker said it was thanks for one estimate suggesting a majority of Pac-Man players were women.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uh, I don't think that's a statue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Batman is an LLC passthrough corporation specifically to dodge taxes. Thanks GOP!