Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

^ hosed up if true, can a femgoon c/d pls

Not sure if Eliot Rodgers or :happyelf:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

please word filter 'rape' to 'hot cosby' tia

Also word filter "nice guy" to "angry virgin," just for the sake of clarity.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ElGroucho posted:

Here's a good one from the female side

It's probably a piece of cake that is going to give you the shits later and then gently caress your best friend, but yes, only listen to your heart

It took me a second to realize what was being said here. This person wants to be with some girl's dad? What?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah i pity them more then anything. its clear that a bunch of them are just socialy retarded and fall into bad crowds out of desperation. they think loving is the end all be all, when its not. some are just human diaper narcissists like elliot "never scored" Rodger.

I think this is where a lot of their mockworthiness comes from, because they come across as perpetually whiny 14 year olds.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

CubanMissile posted:

I used to think girls were all super chill about sex and not creepy at all. If you want to hold on to that belief then never, ever turn them down after you're alone with them and they're actively trying to sleep with you. I've only done it twice, once because I know she hosed a lot of guys and I realized I didn't have any condoms, and once because I was so drunk I was getting cold sweats and was going vomit any second. Both times resulted in complete "HOW DARE YOU, YOU MUST BE GAY!" style screaming meltdowns. It was weird to discover there are girls who think they are 100% owed sex once they decide to let you in their pants.

Amateur.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

PallasAthene posted:

Haha yeah, dudes always get wound up when she posts weekly yoga pictures of herself pretty much twisted into a pretzel, but one time she told a bunch of us girls in the break room that she keeps her sex life to "Once weekly, half an hour in missionary position and then separate showers" unless she's punishing the guy or she wants him to buy her something expensive.

Is she a time traveler from the 1950s or something?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I feel a bit of an uncomfortable twinge over the make-up one, because I have always preferred women with little or no make-up. At least it is balanced by me being a huge rear end in a top hat who has had plenty of sex, I guess.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

as long as you're not telling all women to not wear as much makeup bc that's what you personally find attractive it's fine imo

can't help what you like, just don't expect women to cater to you is all.

The only time I think I have ever mentioned it was after I was already involved with the girl in question, and mostly in the form of comments like "I like seeing you without any make-up" when they already aren't wearing any. And, like I said, the women I've been involved with didn't tend to use much to begin with.

As an aside I grew up in a theater family, so was also used to make-up being a thing you did before going on stage. That might have colored my perceptions of the whole thing a bit, too.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

RobattoJesus posted:

The rule of wearing a fedora is that you can wear a fedora if you look like the kind of person who doesn't know what Reddit is. So either an old man or an adventuring archaeologist.

I think girls can wear them, too.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

it would be cool if there were more men's hats to wear that were acceptable that are not baseball caps but sadly any resurgence the fedora/trilby might have had was immediately squashed by MRA redditors

yeah

actually the best part of my fedora was when girls would snatch it off my head to wear and then I'd be all faux 'give it baaaack' (but again important to remember this was BEFORE reddit got wind of it so the hat didn't come with the baggage)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Okay, now the thread is making me wonder where my Chinese Communist hat is. It's around here somewhere.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Don Tacorleone posted:

This seems like evidence that us as a society failed these poor guys. Like this isn't normal, it wasn't normal for genX. I guess the parents hosed up somehow.

Women are blaming the Patriarchy and poo poo but men these days have it rough, and some of them can't handle it

No, I think the combination of the Internet, social media, and 9000 channels of poo poo TV is what has been most toxic.

That, and millennials are just weak whiny pissbabies.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Troposphere posted:

hmm it's almost as if it's some societal force that is forcing strict gender roles on people and loving them up in both directions, if only there was a name for such a concept....

"Dad."

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

The Nice Guy is coming from inside the thread.

Some women might like the imagery of a bad boy but I feel very few actually like what they perceive to be dangerous men unless they themselves are a broke brain or a teenager still living in fairy princess land. I'm practically a pacifist and don't look like I would ever hurt anyone and I really don't feel that's ever held me back with women.

Nice Guy with a soupcon of MRA, what with the :goonsay:"men can be physically abused by women in relationships, too!" false equivalency bullshit.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Where'd you pick up the new avatar and red text?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Troposphere posted:

I made some gbs ppl mad

You've got yet another one since the first time I asked. I think congratulations are in order.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Spatial posted:

If you want a long and majestic laughing session along the lines of this thread, read Elliot Rodgers' manifesto. Written by a narcissist with zero self awareness, it's the biggest self-own in all of history and the most unintentionally funny thing I've ever read.

Seconded. It sounds like parody but is entirely unironic. It's just too bad that the abject failure managed to kill some real people before offing himself.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

it is too bad but being the abject failure that he was, it could have gone a lot worse

didn't he go bang on some sorority door during his shooting rampage and huff and drive away after no one answered?

Yeah, he was thwarted by a door. He was like a living embodiment of the abstract concept of total loserdom. His whole pissy little coffee-throwing tantrums and shooting random couples with an orange juice filled super-soaker were so stunningly inane that it is hard not to read as low-brow comedy.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The whole Eliot Rodgers thread here was pure gold. All the screenshots of his posts on the bodybuilding forum, particularly when he was corrected about the average length of penises.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

darkhand posted:

At one point he posts about overhearing his sister getting long donged by some dude and I think he used the word plunged. He blamed a lot of his problems on being a happa.

He seemed like such a weird mixture of sociopath without like the "good" qualities of sociopathy.

Lotta internalized racism going on with him, but he was way too self-involved to recognize it. Or much of anything, really. Reading his manifesto is an excellent esteem-booster. No matter how depressed or angry at yourself you may be, you can read Eliot's diary and feel better about yourself simply by way of comparison.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cumslut1895 posted:

yup that sure was hilarious. Not extremely sad at all.

Anyone want to go set some homeless people on fire with me?

There, there - it'll be okay.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I probably went through something of a nice guy phase in my teens, with a metric fuckton of social anxiety contributing to it. I grew out of it.

Of course I also have a decently large dick, which probably helps. :smuggo:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

besides real life is not GBS. people aren't going to be at the bar waiting to pounce on the slightest mis-step

It was me. I was the GBS in real life.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

"I'm post-wall and Chad no longer wants me, so I've settled for a nice guy who I would have otherwise friendzoned."

I can figure out what most of this blather means, but what the gently caress does the bolded part translate to in normal person?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

PallasAthene posted:

I get the feeling that a decent amount of those guys get off on the act of sending the pictures more than anything that may happen as a result. Kind of like a toned-down version of the trenchcoat flasher, but with the ability to text "My bad, that was for someone else" if it isn't well received.

Pick posted:

Yeah, I think that's it. Or they think it's a "power move" and instead we're like ?????????????????????????

As a guy that has done his share of online dating, I can say that I honestly don't understand why the hell guys send unsolicited dick pics. Never once did I read through a profile and think to myself, "Hmmm, she seems promising. I should probably send her a picture of my dick."

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Are they using some app that shows if the person they are trying to text is online or not? The whole thing where they get immensely butthurt if 5 minutes elapse with no reply to their text is incredibly bizarre otherwise.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

a lot of guys just live in hovels jerking it all day.

Nice guys.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

rakovsky maybe posted:

It's true but cherry picked data.

Combat Deaths is the only one that's really an example of actual gender bias leading to a bad outcome, and the history of not allowing women in combat goes back a lot further than feminism. Plus that is steadily changing.

Women win custody more because men don't contest it. When they do contest, men win more often than women. Turns out dudes generally don't want to take care of the kids and who can blame 'em. Women are more often child abusers because they take care of way more children than men do. Men are victims of most homicides but overwhelmingly (like 90%) also commit most homicides.

There are more women graduating college for a host of complicated reasons, but they still earn less with a degree. And workplace deaths is largely due to logging, oil work, and construction being death traps. Which sucks, and there isn't a ton of push for women to go into those careers, but it seems hard to blame feminism for it.

The homicide one is also misleading, because while men may die more often from homicide they are also the ones committing the homicides in the first place. The single largest risk factor when it comes to violence is the male gender.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

Aside from like, Dante what famous accounts of ye olde nice guys are there?

I think Petrarch would probably qualify.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrarch#Laura_and_poetry

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Wait, i never read his manifesto. Did he really get pissed off that saying "Hey mom, go gently caress a rich guy so we can have money" didn't work in his favor?

Yes, he did. I highly recommend his manifesto - it is amazing. He comes across as such a whiny and entitled little douchenozzle that it reads like parody, but he was 100% serious about it. It's like someone created a fictional character that was the personification of annoying loserdom.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

If you don't find it funny when he is sitting on his roof wishing really, really hard that he wins the lottery and then gets really, really mad when he doesn't in fact win the lottery then I just don't know what to say.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cumslut1895 posted:

it's a symptom of a neurological disorder

Much like your posting.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ausmund posted:

A movie where a black man and a woman wake a straight white guy up to the realities of the underlying systematic oppression of human society, managed and enforced by white men in suits.

Obviously, this movie is saying all women are loving cunts.

What?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Are you having a stroke?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

They're just convinced women are some alien species and not just like regular people so they can't just TALK to them normally (are you insane!?). They gotta strategize and formulate plans and attack vectors.

But yeah sometime in HS I realized 'hey these people with boobs are just like people with dicks, they just can't act the same because of society and whatever' and I talked to girls like I would talk to guys and it was fine.

also hey I dunno if this was this thread or another but a day ago someone was mentioning how a girl wouldn't gently caress on the first date but the 2nd was just fine, here's why bro

the attitude of 'first date? what a slut' is sooooo prevalent even among otherwise 'normal' guys

"i like the caucasians and the light brown ones" like they are pieces of candy or something lmao. throwin in 'oriental' like it's 1800 and he is british.

I'm probably an anomaly, but I find the whole disapproval of having sex on a first date to be weird. I had sex on my first real date ever, and roughly half the time following that. I just figured it was pretty normal. :shrug:

Also, I feel compelled to point out that the Rape-X anti-rape female condom thing is a classic case of vaporware:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/crime/rapex.asp

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

Besides, neither gender is responsible for "making" the rules on their own. That's silly.

Several centuries of patriarchy would like to have a word with you.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

If this is the argument then you are just saying "literally everything in the modern world runs on men's rules because patriarchy" because modern customs (in the West) regarding almost everything originated from our patriarchal past. At that point there is no distinction between "rules" and "men's rules" in just about anything. The auto mechanic is applying MEN'S DIAGNOSTICS when he checks your car. The cable company is using MEN'S INVOICES when it sends you a bill. It's a silly argument over semantics and little else and that's besides the point that men and women today have little connection to whoever "made the rules" hundreds of years ago.

I'm sure you thought this made something resembling sense when you wrote it, but I regret to inform you that you were mistaken.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SciFiDownBeat posted:

people shouldn't be living their lives on the internet, a place where every opinion is inflated and brought to the extreme because that's the only way to get attention in the gigantic dumpster fire that is social media

hideo kojima was right, we need to burn it down. burn it all down

How dare you! I am going to destroy you! You are so wrong and bad and I am so ANGRY!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SneakyFrog posted:

maybe thats the nice guys final form.

No, I think they have two possible final forms:

or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Again, as a reminder, the anti-rape penis trap thing was vaporware. Got a lot of press but was never actually released in the wild.

• Locked thread