Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

gently caress you
No gently caress you. Die on your hill of idiocy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Idaho: Well there's a lot of space with no people.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

First woman to be nominated by any party for president?

Um...
You know as well as the rest of us that the green party is not a real party.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Bourbon is also a very important source of aged barrels for scotch whisky.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The Rokstar posted:

That's a good question actually. New York?
I heard VA was going to do it?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

She insulted the 30ish delegates who were doing all the booing.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

SedanChair posted:

Twitch comments add another dimension of political commentary, in real time

Oh, you don't have better twitch tv do you?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Swan Curry posted:

genuinely curious here, do you think debates matter in this election? a significant amount of trump voters are clearly disenfranchised with mainstream politics, what does a cnn debate really mean to them
This is the stupidest logic that I keep seeing come up. No Trump's core supporters won't care. Fortunately they are actually not needed to win an election. There's a significant undecided portion this election.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Codex Occultus posted:

Worth noting that Trump is also massively overconfident and underestimates women especially. So I'd guess at least one debate before he panics.
He was really flustered by Megyn Kelly daring to stand up to him.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Yea, he just looks, well, like he's entering his 70s.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Of course they did. It's hard to believe that the Tea Party are basically the parody of American Exceptionalism used in Bioshock.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I mean, we're dealing with an unironic libertarian here. You decide.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Rest in peace MIGF. He died as he lived, full of food.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Yea it was a pretty effective "Trump represents the exact opposite of your idol" moment.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Pretty sure those are just random voicemails. Most of them are just random non-staffers.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

:allears:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

:sherman:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

what was that yell, no more [unintelligible]?
One idiot yelling no more TPP. He got shut up FAST.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

There is something truly wrong in the world where the Democrats give the patriotic speech.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Democrats have given lots of patriotic speeches. The Republicans give nationalistic speeches and yes there's a difference.

Point Taken.
I guess what I really meant was- I've never seen someone thoroughly show the divide between Trump and previous conservative politicians.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Quorum posted:

Yeah, Bloomberg's speech was surprisingly decent, probably because he basically unloaded on Donald Trump from the point of view of an Actual Billionaire, which was the point probably. He was still a poo poo but at least he was aimed the right way I suppose.
He and Obama, in very different ways, delivered the idea that Trump is completely out of touch with everyone, even his own party.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

nutranurse posted:

He might be out of touch with the establishment elements of the GOP, but Trump really is speaking to the sordid base and white america as a whole.
He also has alienated a lot of people among the 'independents' and GOP in general. Don't mistake Trump's rabid supporters for the entirety of his current polling numbers.
There's really no point in reaching at the white nationalist types. You only need to pull a small portion or demoralize it in order to change the election though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Election Justice USA was created to create awareness of that one study some student in the Netherlands or somewhere did showing that voting machines were rigged because he forgot that there's two parties in the US and so found tons of discrepancies because wow, look at all these people voting not for Clinton and she won!
Oh. So it's in a similar vein to British commentators comparing Trump to Leave?

• Locked thread