Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Complexity and Escape are gonna win the wild card, book it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJoaKVHA3Gk

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Has any of Wings been to Ti before? I checked Liquidpedia and didn't see it.

No.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Is LGD just loving trash now or what?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Love Stole the Day posted:

I very strongly disagree with the Dendi hate and confusion. I think that he's just a franchise player who is loyal to the brand because they took care of him for most of his life and pay him very well.

His performance at The International is nowhere near as important as his cultural influence and popularity in the community. Especially in the non-English communities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21IkGDf_zi0
Reminder

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Stallion Cabana posted:

So I am an incredibly non-serious DoTA viewer (not even player, really), who is only really watching Stream 1 rather then jumping around to find the best games, but as I'm watching this Wings/Navi thing I'm starting to wonder why Huskar wasn't banned here or whatever. From what the casters have said both this tournament and the last one I remember, Huskar is still really good, and I haven't seen a team with him lose yet; though I may have missed it.

I know what he does and I get that he's strong, but what are appropriate counters for him, or, failing that, why would people leave him up at all to let him be taken when the end result always seems to be him destroying everything.

Like I said I'm supremely uninformed so I"m not like trying to go 'man I'm so smarter then these pro dota players', but rather I'm trying to understand their choices to learn a bit more about what I'm watching.

Arteezy went 4/9 on a Huskar yesterday but yeah I'm not sure why Wings let it through. Maybe they just forgot or they read this forum and decided Na'Vi can't beat them.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Also Huskar is 7-7 so far so it's far from a sure thing. You know who hasn't lost a match at TI this year? Sniper. :colbert:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Na'vi is gonna eliminate Alliance, save this post.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Internet Kraken posted:

What was the final prize pool last year?

$18,429,613

also:

Zurreco posted:

Can we just make it where Dire heroes have to be from Dire lore and vice versa?

I've always wanted to see a tournament with this as the gimmick.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Radical posted:

everyone ready for ld&maut finals???

yes!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
So I'm just gonna treat DC/EG as the actual final because Chinese dota is the worst poo poo. Anyone else a dumb idiot like me?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Taffer posted:

do people actually still whine about "chinese dota" lol

I literally fell asleep during EG/Wings because it was so boring.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Ambivalent posted:

also, i sort of hate how just about every analyst, fan etc. has been functionally talking about this as 'is DC or EG going to win TI6' and its like, of the three teams left, only one of them is even guaranteed to be in the Grand Final??? There's a third team at TI today, honest

~THE PANEL~ has been treating this as though Wings has already won and DC/EG are just winning the honor of having their dick stomped.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Laughing to death at EE.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
What a great finale for a great TI.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Elyv posted:

didn't shadow demon get picked in like 80% of games and have like a 60% winrate or something

Group Stage: 36 picks 50% winrate
Main Event: 24/70%

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

IncendiaC posted:

The Bastion announcer is fantastic and never gets annoying, plus it's got voicelines for everything. It's been my default announcer for like 3 years and I've only taken it off to try out a new voicepack (before switching back after 2-3 games).

Also I thought the NBA jam announcer was dead? Is there a way to get it back that doesn't involve downloading the workshop tools?

There's someway using a workaround using an anime girl announcer pack.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
His post got archived but here's the link to the .rar with the readme
https://mega.nz/#!6p4QiBrL!B7G16SEAqX2zXLM8LE_iNX57-OLr-cuKgvS4vksyoM4

edit: this does require the workshop tools, btw

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 16, 2016

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Love Stole the Day posted:

Does "once a cheat always a cheat" apply to pro dota? Because after reading about the Olympic boxing controversy today I remembered that w33 was branded a cheater many years ago and yet now he's the TI champion.

edit-- oh poo poo i had a bad dream where DC won

If I remember the story right he was in some pub league and they left cheats on, that's all. He's not a stream sniper (unlike alliance) nor does he fix matches (every south american team).

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Aug 17, 2016

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Jesus the next tournament that has teams listed is in loving mid September and it's some really silly gimmick poo poo:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Red_Bull_Heroicks

pre:
Life System
Each team starts with 3 lives
Losing a game deducts one life
Winner picks next two teams to play
Team cannot play consecutive games unless impossible
Last team to have remaining live or lives wins

Hero Challenge
Before the Pick & Ban phase of each game the Caster Team decides two heroes for the voting
You, the audience, live-votes one of those heroes as the special hero for the next match
Pick & Ban: The teams pick their heroes for the match – the special hero cannot be banned
If the winner team chose the special hero the team/player gets rewarded right away
Announced teams: OG, Alliance, two invites yet to be sent, and a qualified team that has to have at least 3 people from Germany/Austria/Switzerland

DOTA is dead, rip in peace.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 19, 2016

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I love having poo poo going all the time gently caress you.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Craptacular! posted:

HON has goblins and they're proper green imp-men that are basically Warcraft goblins. Meanwhile art people at Valve keep turning goblins into other races so that Clockwork has a suit that looks like a goblin but apparently is supposed to be the same gnomish race as Sniper inside? v:shobon:v

At least Techies didn't change that much.

Yeah and Quake Team Fortress had actual soldiers and poo poo but Valve, those MORONS, turned them into unique characters. What a bunch of maroons.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Craptacular! posted:

I never played TF2 until it was an old game, but I never quite got this either since the characters are basically just avatars for poo poo-spewing players.

I get it now, kind of, because Overwatch exists and I like it's characters a lot more (and it helps that they have names other than "Scout" and "The Heavy") but at the time I thought giving the disposable, always-switchable classes these backstories was kind of dumb.

You are absolute garbage and everything wrong with video games.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
And also this year's TI because SUNSFAN almost won it.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Internet Kraken posted:

If Earth Spirit is any indication then Arc Warden won't see competitive for ages.

I wonder if Pit Lord is even gonna get any balance changes before getting into captain's mode. Seems like they just need to fix the bugs and then they could toss him in without destroying the meta.

UNDERLORD is too good in the right hands, kind of like Earth Spirit.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Drunk Canuck posted:

The Warhammer hats piss me off because WYVERN has a SECOND HAT before my bro Jakiro even has one

Same but Troll.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Literally a billion people speak mandarin chinese natively

Pretty close to a billion people speak english but I sure as gently caress wouldn't want to learn it if I wasn't raised with it.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I play dota against bots with my friends and its real fun because you can hit random and build real stupid and it doesn't matter because the bots really love to group up and get murdered.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Xtanstic posted:

My man. I knew there were other Co-Op only players. I always wonder what you guys queue on. I'm on Hard because I figure I'm more likely to find a game than on Unfair?

Medium unless we have a full stack. I don't think we've ever tried Unfair.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Have they said what "NP" means?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Zurreco posted:

Nature's Prophet (can u tp top?)

But then shouldn't the team be named Fury-on?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
As long as we're talking about old teams rip Heart Get Together.

edit:
Meepwn'd
The High Council of Wizards & Priests
Relax, You're Doing Fine

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Internet Kraken posted:

So why did Clockwork drop out of the meta? I saw him today and realized wow, I haven't seen him picked in ages in either pro or pub matches.

Nobody has the talent to land hookshot anymore. Same reason Pudge is out of the meta.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Yes I'm sure out of the 1000 cardinals and bishops and etc that live at the Vatican 845 of them wind down every day with a game of DOTA.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

dicks assassin posted:

How come lol gets real sports franchises and we get secretive turks and the sons of gazillionaire chinese

Because Riot subsidizes the whole system so even a dogshit tier team makes money, just like the NBA.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Kild posted:

Team Owners lose ton of money off League. The players get paid a stipend that some manager or whatever has control over. But on top of that they demand hundreds of thousands of dollars while the owners receive no ROI unless they dump it on some other idiots lap thinking an LCS spot will make money.

Really? Huh. I thought it was more akin to american leagues where the owners get paid first and foremost.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Put the South American major in Houston. It's South and American.

edit: also isn't Boston under 9 feet of snow after Thanksgiving?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Taffer posted:

Wasn't that there before reborn? I honestly don't remember.

It was.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
DOTA is fun and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Counterpoint: gently caress china.

Also people getting burned out is part of every online game experience. Saying "no new heroes" when like 3 have come out since reborn is kind of weird.

• Locked thread