Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

At least you got a sweet aegis out of it right?

Also all the visa issues that were tweeted about by the SEA guys still hasn't been resolved right?

https://twitter.com/TNCProTeam/status/758112164016066560

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
15 card packs - no gold cards :suicide:

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Up Circle posted:

reminder that alliance was the heavy favorite and won and ig was one of the favorites and won and newbee were one of the favorites and won

IG definitely was not one of the favourites and Newbee was slated to possibly do well but not win.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Up Circle posted:

uhh how many teams would you have put above ig going in?? lgd and?

Navi???

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
There's a difference between "favourites" and "do well".

This year, I'd put OG, Liquid, Wings and Newbee as the favourites but I'd expect teams like MVP and LGD (before their vsia problem) to do well.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Envy being the eternal underachiever of Dota is the one constant though.

Envy has actually won a Valve event though. Rtz on the other hand...

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

No Safe Word posted:

the "play with Sheever" rewards level is already gone and only Bruno has any other takers (1 of 2)

Draskyl's reward tier has 9000 slots free.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Jimmy steals the torch from Fear's backpack.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

I should have bought more player card packs yesterday goddamnit. I just want to catch 'em all. :(

I'm just missing a Sumail card :(

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Liquid only plays 2 games on day 1. Navi is probably a better pick since they play EG, Esc and TNC.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Besides Secret v MVP game 2, what are the other good games to watch from today?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I'm kinda surprised the commentators still talk about timings with Drow. The Aghs upgrade on her is nasty late game.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
No detection trying to gank a team with Moonlight Shadow.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Goetta posted:

What exactly is Linkens stopping this game besides lift?

DC going into the next round.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

botany posted:

we're playing all the BO1s still now right?

Yep.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Voted Worst Mom posted:

fy looks like he's tired of being on bad teams

State Department too OP.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
cya next year Navi.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Watch the draft of Wings vs DC game 2.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Wings is going to be in the finals and they'll pick Pitlord.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Hey guys, been busy at work but just taking a sneak peak at the game. So what's been happening?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Newbee lets the East down on day 2 of the main event. SMH

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
They'll probably beat LGD.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialPuppey/posts/1105525436162993

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Can someone just empty quote me saying that I've never enjoyed dota as much as I am right now so I don't have to keep posting it?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

dicks assassin posted:

should have picked zeus

Isn't a melee hero.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Bad Moon posted:

Anybody have a link to Purge doing the actual weather imissed it :(

https://clips.twitch.tv/dota2ti/CharmingKoupreyBrokeBack

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

We're all caught up to Warcraft 3 and, hopefully, that means Dota 2 can grow beyond being Warcraft 3 HD and try some new things not possible in WC3 going forward.

Dota 2 has already gone past WC3 Dota other than Pit Lord.

WC3 Dota is only on 6.83b

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Wings had a Treant + Visage strat that was too good for this world :(

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Jimmy wants to play for MVP again, Forev leaves and QO turns down Liquid and Secret.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Love Stole the Day posted:

Because after reading about the Olympic boxing controversy today I remembered that w33 was branded a cheater many years ago and yet now he's the TI champion.
DC lost dude.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Anyone know how's Overwatch doing in other less developed markets? Previously, it was cited that Dota 2 was being held back by the lack of decent computers able to run the game where as LoL and WC3 Dota have much less demanding system requirements.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

Really? I would have assumed the opposite. Seriously, no one in this thread actually plays Dota right? We just watch it.

I play, but mainly unranked so I don't get too mad about losing my imaginary points.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Are female streamers in skimpy outfits and deliberately bending over for the camera still a thing on Twitch?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I wonder how effective it would be for Underlord's aura to just keep pushing your wave and forcing the opposing carry to last hit under their tower and with reduced damage.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
https://www.facebook.com/OGDota2/posts/1745148872439743:0

quote:

TI: It’s Obviously Got to happen

It’s been an amazing year for OG.

After a little Monkey Business, we came together, trusted in each other and fought hard.

The Frankfurt Major win wouldn’t have happened without the incredible support we got from the community, our insanely passionate fans and the all-or-nothing attitude from every single player on the team.

With the Shanghai loss, we were disheartened. We re-grouped and promised to work harder, train harder and prove it at every event we attended.

Vials of Blood, sweat and tears later, we were ready for Manila. Winning our second Major event proved that our decision to stick together and believe in each other through the lows was the right thing to do.

Days later, we were on stage with the ESL One Trophy in Frankfurt and shortly after, ended second to Wings at The Summit.

Today we recollect ourselves in the aftermath of what we all had come together to fight for: The International. For us, OG is more than just MMR and prize-money. It’s getting to take the game we love to new heights and share it with family.

We let ourselves down but we’re not giving up.

Change is never easy but it’s here. We will fight our way back to the number 1 spot but today we announce the departure of three of OG’s year-long members: MoonMeander, Miracle- and Cr1t-.

We’ve made the difficult decision that Moon will no longer be an active player on the OG Roster but wish him nothing but success wherever he decides to go.

We’ve made the difficult decision that Moon will no longer be an active player on the OG roster but wish him nothing but success wherever he decides to go. Cr1t- and Miracle- have chosen to find their new homes elsewhere in the DOTA2 arena.

The former OGs had the following to say:

“I’d like to thank OG for everything it has done for me. I wish them good luck in their future endeavours” ― Moon

“I would like to thank OG for everything. I had a really great time and thanks to Red Bull for the support they've been amazing. We had a really good times and great memories together. I would like to thank Johan and Tal, they both taught me alot. I still love everyone on OG, they are like a family to me and I wish them the very best.” — Miracle-

“I am very appreciative for the past season that I shared with the 4 players on OG. We accomplished something few would have expected and it was the dream start to my career. I will forever cherish this last year and it’s with mixed feelings that I move on and continue to develop my career that all begun with OG. I hope that the fans that followed us and cheered for us will keep following me on my new endeavours. Shoutout to all my former teammates as well as Evany our manager and coach Seb.” ― Cr1t-

In the early days of OG, no one believed that the five guys in green would be able to claim a stake as one of the most achieved DOTA2 teams in the world. Two Major trophies later and now with changes to our group, we don’t intend to stop.

To Moon, Miracle- and Cr1t-: we will miss you. A family might have its ups and downs but it doesn’t just go away. We built a legacy together and all you will all be a part of that.Thank you.

We’ll soon announce the exciting new faces to OG… and some other surprises. We need our incredibly supportive fans (you!) to know that we aren’t going anywhere. The journey to fill the OG trophy cabinet starts again. There has always been just one dream.

#DreamGreen

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Stop cheering for teams and start following players instead?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
DJ, 343 and Midone leave Fnatic.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I'm still convinced that this is just EG rebranding as Twitch.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

TheRat posted:

Not too sure about that, they just won the WCA qualifier..

Against?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

LoL teams dont make enough money compared to other esports

All the tier 1 lol teams are subsided by their in-house teams from other competitive games.

• Locked thread