Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arzachel
May 12, 2012

No Safe Word posted:

I mean, the play execution wasn't really everything that made up the play though. Though Dendi's execution during the play was pretty sick. He force-staffs himself out of range of Ravage, lifts the Lina, then steals Ravage (because Tide was in the black hole and couldn't Anchor Smash), then Ravages the enemy. It was also just that LoH had a BKB at ~17 minutes and that he went BKB first. It was this along with the fact that the draft and Engima build was actually just really good against Naga which had been basically unbeatable in every other game, especially Naga + Dark Seer which they had. Everyone was surprised as poo poo when they picked Juggernaut, and it turned out to be super good because of the turnaround potential. And of course, the stage it was taking place on was huge. It wasn't "standard" by any definition.

Bring back support mids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

moush posted:

If the colorblind mode isn't pretty enough for regular people to enjoy it, then it is on Valve to improve it. League of Legends has pretty much made it so colorblind mode IS the default so there are no problems.

Can't gently caress up something that has never looked good, I guess.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Zo posted:

i'm glad of the fact that there's disagreement re everyone, except nahaz

Tbf Nahaz would be fine if he chilled out and talked less

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

funmanguy posted:

Agreed. Any must see games so far?

OG vs Faceless game 1 is weird and cool.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Dota 2 not good for healthy

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

TheRat posted:

I think reddit said it best. "Icefrog has really shited in this game". 10 second swaps, alchemist giving out a billion gold to his team, -40 sec respawn timers. Is this even dota anymore?

:goonsay:

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if Random pulls off an upset, OG has looked shaky in the groups.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
This is like MvC3 where nerds bitch relenlessly about Morridoom teams when there is only one guy using that team with any success.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

salty NA dota fans are just the best

Eat poo poo EG :toot:

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Bardeh posted:

What changed with Warlock to make him a viable 5? Last time I played it was generally accepted that he wasn't a great support because he was so item/level reliant to do much of anything, but he's been picked a lot as a hard support in this tournament.

Decently tanky, good at zoning out offlaners and general safelane carry babysitting, lvl1 Shadow Word is very strong, bonds and rock do huge work in teamfights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
As much as I like Faceless, I don't think they deserve a direct invite. No SEA direct invite but an extra qual slot seems like a better way to go.

• Locked thread