Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Bobbi Wickham is one of my top 3 favorite mods of all time. I love how she gently tries to bring reason to E/N OPs, eventually is worn down, then just gives up and starts dunking all over them.

Maybe not the funniest example, but probably the tightest microcosm of her modding style:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782004&pagenumber=28#post477948625

aaahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
cool thread btw

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Powaqoatse posted:

sunwarmed thermostat

such an amazing oversight

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

The Snoo posted:

i had one or two adult male goons calling my parents' house when i was 15 or so saying that the pedo goon i was involved with gave me an STD and also they impersonated a cop and i'm just not really into doxxing/harassment of underage people who are the victim in the situation lol

like it's one thing to do it to grown-rear end adults doing stupid poo poo but i was a child yall

Jesus

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
Thanks for the analysis of how much mockery we're allowed to do

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
anime xD

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
the kheldragar and call now thread

one of them got permad for being a pedo iirc

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Maybe not a saga, but do you all remember when we almost got dumpsters in some Texas (I think?) town to be renamed 'Durst Bins', as a 'tribute' to Fred Durst?

:allears: It was magical.... and then the committee who makes the decision decided against going with the popular vote, because of course they did. I think otherwise 'Durst Bins' would've won.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah I think it was literally Austin's sanitation department they wanted to name The Fred Durst Society for the Humanities and Arts or something, Fred Durst even being cool with it but nope.

yeah online voting to change the name of it with fred durst society for arts and humanities being the top suggestion

cock hero flux posted:

I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that you could still post in some subforum that had been removed from the index like 8 years ago but not actually locked in a GBS thread, and then people went and posted in it. But everyone got bored with that pretty quickly and left except those two who continued posting in their weird thread until someone caught them and it got moved to FYAD.

ya it got posted in gbs nite crew and then before many could use it, those two guys did their extremely weird and aidsy roleplay

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
a good saga: the goon (muerte?) that planned to walk from one coast of the country to the other with nothing but a lovely baby cart full of supplies. The cart breaks down 10 km into the odyssey and then the dude faints and almost loving dies from walking, somehow

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

EmmyOk posted:

A friend told me about this a while back and it's incredible. I don't think I've ever read past the initial pages because Muerte stops posting for a while. His lack of preparation and unwillingness to take advice in the first few pages was staggering. Someone would tell him about a beutiful scenic route that is much safer, more beautiful, and an established hiking route but because they called him dumb for planning to walk down a billion kilometers of motorways he'd dismiss them as a troll and hater. Any valid criticism that didn't insult him instead got an "ah yeds namaste what happens happens and who am I to dfeat mine fate as it may be!" or "I'll cross that bridge when I come to it". His response to potentially having his water bottle stolen was that whomever stole it would probably need it more. He also has a plan to carry a gun across state lines but it's okay because it's not a real gun so it has the twin powers of being loving useless but still potentially getting you gunned down or arrested.

Thread is here. Some images are dead including the one he posts of his "kit" but later on I guess someone rehosted it because it shows up.

his diet quite literally consisted only of pizza and fried chicken or something like that and he told people they were idiots for criticizing it. In times where the everyday ppl internet gets more insane and sa is a lot less active, im glad tales of unrelenting stupidity in the face of adversity like this one pop up

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
i clicked on this thread to see whats up and shiiit nessa...

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The best part is that he didn’t even get the FYAD cred he wanted. They loving hated him lmfao

btw, this is true. I'm pretty sure we all made fun of him immediately on finding out, and yes, Nessa did make avs for some of us.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Nuns with Guns posted:

I remember when this happened. Nessa was trying to maker her own Madoka Magica-like webcomic and posting test pages into the CC thread for feedback. FYAD had a thread going at the time making fun of kind of corny/bad art SA posters shared around the forums and Nessa became a recurring feature. Spiffo is her husband, yeah. They were just engaged at the time though. Nessa was justifiably upset when she found out he was making fun of her art with FYAD, and he got banned by FYAD.

This is all accurate btw, btw.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
that's lucy's thing, but idk, he probably made an extremely bad post somewhere and she's having fun

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

hell yeah baby swipe me like a masturbacard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-rnvqL-r08

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

UCS Hellmaker posted:

considering its come up that he loves to try and out anything has pedo loving behavior even if its not in the slightest we all benefit from her fun. guy seems nuts as hell

It also reminds me of a guy from god years ago that Iks were chain probating endlessly to get him to not post there. An admin changed his name to NEVER POST AGAIN and I think it basically went like that every 6 hours for months.

that sounds like slowfuse, op

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
You aren't, Turtlicious.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
Fwiw i read it that way too. Whatever, its a dumb misunderstanging thats already cleared up.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Alaois posted:

this is fitting for the SA Sagas thread because it does a good job illustrating why 2012-era GBS was completely unreadable

guestimate posted:

Your pun chains suck y'all

Take it to Reddit

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

sneakyfrog posted:

:siren:fun police:siren:

come out with your fun immediately this is not a drill any fun attempts wil be met with lethal force i am very serious *pssssht*

:razz:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Applewhite (a decent content poster)

That guy needs to be probated 24/7 so congrats el spider on his one si ngle good action

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
xD

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
seems like fakeposting

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Minus Green posted:

Which part, the thread or the person claiming to be CNF's ex?

the cnf guy

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

My Shoes posted:

Can we end this conversation? Let me go on the record saying i appreciate BW. and FAU and the other mods.. whatever the gently caress they do isnt really my business.. im here to post not loving judge what mods do. idgaf. who should give a gently caress. drat.. seems obvious thy're doing a service. loving enjoy what we have here and who gives a gently caress what mods do when. idk maybe its just me. but gently caress... chill.. just sayin. we're here to post not judge volunteers who keep this poo poo alive for us. drat. shits getting crazy. post. chill. stay out of business that has nothing to do with you and find something relevant to say.

Lmfao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

purple death ray posted:

Inasmuch as cumshitter is a good poster, sure

E: thanks something awful for teaching my phone 'cumshitter'

Epic gimmick posters FTW!!
Cum? But outta the rear end!!! :razz: :fiesta:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
xD

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
huh? what about it?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Remember the two goons in a relationship who instead of PMing each other would post in a long dead subforum that was only delisted instead of deactivated so you could use it if you knew the id and put it in the URL bar manually? And then they were caught by a FYAD poster who apparently just checks delisted subforums regularly. Also I think one of them was underage and the other was older so there was a huge creep factor too.

the kheldragar-call now epic lovedump :333333 X33333

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
well it was a perfect summation of what went down in the Lovedump

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
my fantasy pet is a red fox, unfortunately only silver foxes have been domesticated

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
in these times of celebration i think its urgent to keep the important things in mind, such as the renewal of both the nordvpn discount and gaming garbage channel. amen.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Mnoba posted:

a furry AND a capitalist, quite the conundrum for some i imagine

Prime Minister N'mani: Hmm... a furry AND a capitalist. You're full of surprises Mr Lightning Bolt.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
Furries im indifferent about because these days theres worse poo poo but lol at people going "But oh bronies, THOSE guys suck" when everything im reading in this thread has had furry equivalents except probably fanfictions that rival proust in length.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
Hilariballs poo poo, mates

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
Even if its not attack helicopter joke it still sucks rear end. Im wacky random animal!! LOL

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
Bet noone thought of this one before! :razz:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
Neither is crimpolini lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Crimpolioni posted: