Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Did the awful link lady who coined "goon" ever learn she spawned a nearly-two-decades-and-counting legacy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That Texas themed bbq/tex mex/steakhouse chain that operates in upstate NY and Canada makes battered fried avocado spears that you dip in ranch.

Are they Texasy? not really. Are they good? at times.

I'd take the avocados over their attempts at anything "mexican" for sure though.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I loving hated how 50FA/humpermonkey would ruin the old ghost story threads with his poo poo and the legion of sycophants who’d spend pages just quoting and egging him on. I tried to read some but I never got to any ghost parts. It was all just him being SO BADASS in THE EIGHTIES and btw he was also TOTALLY BANGING this HOT AS gently caress FEMALE SOLDIER.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

DicktheCat posted:

What possesses someone to even do things like pretend to be a wheelchair girl? It doesn't sound fun or even that interesting. It's more interesting that they did it in the first place than the actual thing that they did.

I seem to also remember SOME of 50FootAnt's stories being okay? But the derails he caused were obnoxious.

E: Spelling

In high school, I pretended to be a ~gamergurrl~ on tf2 because people would buy me steam games.

Dunno that that would work on SA, but who knows.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Wasn’t the official canon that 50 foot ant was humpermonkey’s younger brother and humpermonkey had died at some point?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Was Grover the mod that also had some GiP scandal? Like he pretended to be military but actually worked some stateside contractor desk job that was Totally the Same You Guys

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Using the rank codes in the military afaik is to make it simple to compare ranks across branches and even across NATO countries. A US Army Captain, a Navy Captain, a german Hauptmann, and a french Capitaine are not necessarily the same rank (especially the navy guy) but may well work jointly. If you’re a contractor you’re uh... probably never ever going to be giving commands to any military’s personnel so... kinda seems like Zuckerberg pretending to be a four star general.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Part of it is that it's easier to say E-6 than Staff Sergeant or O-1 instead of Lieutenant. If memory serves the U.S. military has all the same hierarchy but the names are different. An E-5 in the army is basically the same as an E-5 in the navy. In the army that's a Sergeant; in the navy that's a Petty Officer. Foreign militaries have different ranks structures, though.

Acting like one is the equivalent of some high ranking military officer is eye rollingingly stupid for any reason other than "I am literally a military officer of this rank." Civilian government service is a whole different thing.

The E-X/O-X pay grade structure is afaik universal across NATO countries. It’s necessary since especially at high ranks, NATO militaries will operate in an integrated command hierarchy.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

sneakyfrog posted:

Yeah but for some gs scrub claiming rank I can see how that would blow up pretty quick among vets and such

Yeah grover was not deserving of claiming E-1, let alone being a loving colonel or whatever

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Chalk is Cheap posted:

Does anyone remember the story of the super awkward goon who had a crush on some girl and went to her apartment to fix her computer? He installed her webcam so he could watch her from his place. He ended up getting caught and posting an e/n thread about it.

It was just compensation for carrying that printer all the way over, imo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m gay and can actually confirm that nothing is more attractive in a man than the scent of stale jizz and piss.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Obligatory reminder that piss breath was seen as something to aspire to in the low carb trainwreck thread.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I mean low carb can be a useful dieting strategy. It’s just that it should mean “lean meat, veggies, nuts, avoid empty filler calories like white bread and potato chips etc” not “fruit, beans, and hummus make you fat, 72oz steaks fried in lard make you thin”

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm trying a low/no carb diet. It's working pretty well and all I really miss is sugar. Haven't noticed any smells though. I've basically just been eating tons of salads with oil and vinegar dressing, roasts with veggies, and lots of breakfasty foods (eggs, sausage, grilled tomatoes).

It's only been a couple of weeks, but it seems to be working. Gonna give it a couple of months, but I guarantee my need for beer or pizza will eventually win out.

Tomtoes are made of carbs my dude. Cut that poo poo out. Try adding some grated cheese in their place.

Also, mix liquor with diet sodas for a simple low carb alcohol fix.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Around 2013 I actually tried low carb bc of some SA thread. The sane kind not the bacon kind. Problem was I was also trying to be vegan and get a lifter’s amount of protein in.

Good thing I like tofu.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

I ate big awesome sandwiches with whatever bread I wanted every day for lunch and drank 1-3 beers/night and lost 35lbs (I wasn't even that fat to begin with)

exercise loving works

You should tell YLLS about this discovery.

(that isn't that many fuckin calories especially if you're an average to tall dude who presumably isn't in awful shape. Fat people NEED to change their diets.)

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Jul 11, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Say what you will about McDonald’s but it’s cool how they print the calorie content of everything on the menu nowadays, even the drive thru.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Subjunctive posted:

Isn’t that a requirement in many jurisdictions for restaurants with more than a certain number of locations?

I think so, but my experience is that every McD’s has it (in the US) regardless whereas equally huge chains like Taco Bell don’t.

Did they do it to save money? Probably, but good things for selfish reasons are still better than bad things.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Tomatoes are fine on a low-carb diet.

Should I fry them in leftover bacon grease?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I joined february 2006 and the leper’s colony and prob/ban/perma system were pretty much the same as they are today.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m slowly catching up on a thread that jastiger posted in and holy poo poo, reading him after not having experienced his live posts in a while makes him seem even worse

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I still see a post there

E: me, then somfin, then ghostlight. Somfin is erased in the screenshot for Radium?? reasons

I’m using whatever version safari on an iphone

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 22:27 on Feb 17, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Somfin posted:

The void calls to us all but I walk it alone

E: okay phew

I see you too, ghost friend

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I would only do that for a bad poster

Like jastiger

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Does this mean I’m in a saga now??

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Goons being rapists is sad but not shocking. But like, the perma implies they posted it about it? Why post about it? It’s like the pedo who came out in the “to catch a predator” thread. WHY

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
various combinations of anime, junk food, math, and non-consensual sex

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It’s easy to forget that “sexual assault and bigotry are bad” is, to a shocking number of people, a fringe minority view being pushed by a cabal of radical extremists.

Speaking of, remember when the SJWs invaded SA, turned it into an unfunny hugbox, and drove Lowtax from his own beloved forums?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Hoshi posted:

Iirc he says it's fine bc the bath won't get much use and if the rocks get dessert dirty from dust or whatever he can just wash them

This is probably my favorite saga now

He’s not expecting many females (no fatties) to venture into his sex dungeon for a bath? Dunno why he’d think that!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
But there was definitely part where he was like “cutting these joists will be perfectly safe for a tub + (my weight) + a 140lb girl (no fatties)”

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Luke Plunkett sounds like a made up name

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Do you mean where the teen goon and the uncle goon are playing pool yugioh while a few disappointed aunts look on?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Carcer posted:

I've never seen this one, do you have it on hand?

No, but I suspect someone in this thread does.

Also, this wonderful doozy showed back up in DnD today and should be remembered

Goatstein posted:

King Hussein Obama I, flanked by his bodyguards, stepped out of his blinged Limoscalade and marched up the gold-lined marble steps of Washington Palace. It should have been a glorious day, yet under his heavy yet exquisite crown of carved human fetus-ivory his brow was ridged deeply as he silently brooded. Still, his posse, boomboxes on their shoulders, dance-walked up the steps, chains and gats jangling over the din as they grabbed their crotches.

As his trusted associates T-Von and Mook-Mook the Bushman pushed open the grand organic farm-grown cruelty-free redwood doors paid for by his 95% tax rate, he stepped into the antechamber of the gold-domed palace. Outside, ShariaVentalism reigned, but in here his word was law, and all his white teen sex slaves cowered before his glare more than even the hemp whips of their latte-drinking tweeded atheist masters.

He walked down the hallway toward his office and a prisoner in chains passed before him, lead by two turban-wearing Mexicans. He spotted the King and began shouting curses.

"You loving fascist! I knew it! I knew it! I told them, but they wouldn't listen, that your health care platform was a slippery slope to all this! You won't get away with this! The will of the Free Market will not be denied!"
"Seelenceo een the prezence of the Keeng, preesoner!"

King Obama spotted a chance to improve his ill mood.

"Bring him here. Good. Give me his file." The king looked over the prisoner's dossier. A long list of crimes against the state, and a repeat offender. "You'll never get away with this! Never!"
"Hush now, Mr. Jack. We have ways of dealing with unruly sorts such as yourself."
"Praise be to Allah, seenyor."
"Peh! I spit at your torture! The Free Market gives me strength!"
"Oh, no, not anything as gauche as that."

The King grabbed a syringe from the outstretched hand of one of his nearby breakdancing bodyguards, and plunged it into the man's helpless neck.

"Now you are immune to rubella."

Kyle's lingering, echoing screams of tormented horror brought a slight smile like a crack in Obama's stony brown face as he walked into his lavish velvet-lined office and shut the door behind him. He motioned for his bodyguards to leave the room, and he addressed the giant screens hanging over his desk.

"Screen one on. Connect to Emperor bin Laden of Eurabia. Screen two: Hugo Chavez of the U.S.S.A.R.. Screen three: The High Elder of Zion."

The three figures appeared live via satelite.

"Gentlemen," began Obama darkly, "it's time to have... a conversation."

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
BotL loving sucked and I’ve never clicked on a superhero movie thread. The last live posts I saw from him were bitching about people talking about Godzilla in “PYF History Fun Facts.”

Also the dude has like a million posts yelling into the ether about Pat Rothfuss, twice-published fantasy author and extremely well-known figure, being so fat and dumb.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Liking star wars or marvel movies is actually far, far, faaaaar less cringey and awful than becoming notorious for laying down serious owns (to the tune of like ten million posts) on those nerds who like the dumb bad all-audiences action comedy movies for families imo.

Also, he’s an smg copycat and we only ever needed one smg.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m not sure I like this new, non-mod EmmyOk, or their dismissive take on the validity of Death Note tie-in media

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Paladinus posted:

BotL made plenty of funny comics edits that for some reason absolutely enraged BSS nerds. RIP sweet prince.

That comic’s message is exactly why he sucked

Yes the dumb bad thing is dumb, we all get that, however, yelling about whether Kylo Ren could force lightning Darth Maul to death is a release from the daily march towards death

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
BotL seriously sucked though

90% failed one-liners, 10% extremely wordy faux-reviewer posts about how BAD and DUMB this and the other 200 fantasy novels, every Star Wars movie, every Marvel movie, every comic book, etc etc etc was that he totally hated because it was for idiot losers but somehow also had better knowledge of than anyone who enjoyed it.

Dunno what his actual gimmick is supposed to be but he suuuuucked

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Loss edits: equally as obscure as whatever dumb poo poo botl made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Clicked a random one: a fart joke and a (gay LOL) rape joke

Wow he really is a goon.