Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

How are we on page 3 and no Mr. Water?

That was like a serial television show you just couldn't wait to see what he did next. Basically, guy hosed with the water delivery guy (Mr Water who all the messages were addressed to) making it seem as a retarded/disturbed child was leaving notes on the empty bottles. He strings the guy along for quite awhile and then finally meets the guy in person as he is picking up the bottles one day and videos the whole thing and posted it for our viewing pleasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Although it was all STDH, Joey Vapes provided many entertaining stories until he was banned.

There's one that I don't remember all details (I was still just lurking and probably '00-' 03) and may have some of it wrong, but something like this :

*fairly active goon that nobody liked
-group of goons possibly doxxed him or did something to send him over the edge
*he was either probated or banned and re-registered and when he came back he flooded the forums with goatse and other shock/gore pics
* mods must have had a no call no show that night because he continued to do so for quite awhile before anyone noticed
* the guy was finally banned and I think the forums were shut down temporarily to get rid of all the pics
-shortly after that GBS had dicks floating around the main page and possibly a midi playing something in the background and goons attributed this to the same goon hacking SA for getting banned

Items with a * I'm fairly certain about and the others I think are what went down.

Kirk Vikernes has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Jul 30, 2016

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

punk rebel ecks posted:

The old days of Something Awful sound epic. This forum really does seem that its best days are behind it.

The days of the grand effort posts died around '06-'07 when the OG SJWs started throwing their :10bux: this way and making GBS threads up every thread. Luckily, most of them have moved on, hang out in D&D or died of drowning in their own tears.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Bill NYSE posted:

Found another flyer!

Pink flyers was one of my favorite threads ever.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Tim Burns Effect posted:

You're thinking of idakoos.com my guy

Is that where the babies vs liquid boron shirt came from? I spent a few minutes but can't even find a picture of it anymore.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

SnowblindFatal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuC9yK4CqhU

LMAO he's still at it. Elevators and trains. What motivates this man?

Elevators and trains? Autism.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Rhyno posted:

There was a bunch of goons performing minor surgery on themselves for a while. A tooth extraction here, a growth removal there.

Good times.

Didn't some goon remove an rear end/taint boil at home? Might have been in the bachelor thread.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Pendent posted:

That was definitely the bachelor thread. I believe there were even some nightmare inducing pictures.

It was removed with a shop vac, fyi

Oh, Jesus... I forgot it involved the Shop Vac.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Yes.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Panfilo posted:

Was he buried with his printer?

No, the pallbearers took it to an open field and beat the poo poo out of it.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Why didn't you mock them relentlessly?

Maybe he realized unless he could picket at every retail location that sells copies of American Beauty, The Godfather, Blue Lagoon and other mainstream movies that contain underage nudity (there's a loophole where it's considered art and is legal if the parents sign off) , plead his case in front of lawmakers and/or burn Hollywood to the ground he wasn't going to change anything by melting down on the Somethingawful.com comedy forums.

Kirk Vikernes has a new favorite as of 16:27 on Sep 14, 2016

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

In a couple years when there's another one of these threads we can look back and remember how Dare helped keep the forums afloat with all his reregs.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Colour posted:

Xn. Y
Oukb m.

Go away, Dare.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I Said No posted:

nah internet detective antics were banned long before that
i'm mostly just guessing but i figure it's because people would dig up info of people over every little thing, like get noticed at all for any reason and some rat will sniff out all your info and post them up and it's just not something you want going on because of how hideously douchey it is
considering the poo poo other online communities do these days with doxxing and swatting, stamping it out early was the best thing to do

I feel like it goes back to the last days of DPPH, etc. and the homegrown that would pop up and the doxxing and harassing that followed.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

My house is protected.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

The thread should have been closed ages ago after Richard said his piece. I don't understand why the thread is still open, all it's doing is pushing the situation further and further into Chandler territory.

Bolding mine. Lol.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

WickedHate posted:

Further discussion about this is why I peaced out of this thread last time it came up so I guess I'm out since I already said what was on my mind about Lowtax and Shmorky anyway. Later yall.

Good riddance, pedo.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

poptart_fairy posted:

Who in the thread is doing this

Uh, nobody. It had nothing to do with posts or anything anyone was doing in this thread. It was suggested that a crybabby attention seeker be perma'd and was decided they might kill they'reselves.

Kirk Vikernes has a new favorite as of 02:21 on Jan 13, 2017

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Sagebrush posted:

Where are the new Photoshop threads going to be? Photoshop Phriday is what I registered for in the first place twelve years ago (jfc) and I would like to participate in those again.

Wow, it's hard to believe it's 2024. We should have had flying cars by now

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ban those sick homophobes.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Punkin Spunkin posted:

SPRECHEN
INGLAIS???>

ZDR- Zen Death Robot

BBG- Big Black Black Baby Goku

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I think some of you need to apply for therapy ducks.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Goon carries a printer a long distance to a girl's place hoping his valiant IT work will make her drop her pants. Instead he gets offered a beer, freaks out about that, leaves with nothing more than an awkward hug and then kills himself.

Holy poo poo, how in three years have you never heard of that story?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Antivehicular posted:

The best thing about the thread is that he has yet to give a single sensible reason for his renovation project. It's all about vague "aesthetics" and "resale value" and :females: despite his never mentioning any concrete plans to sell the house.

Oddly enough, sometimes, people remodel houses for themselves. It's actually OK to spend money on your home and not just for flipping it.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I think a loss edit over the bed could really bring the room together.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

The D&D Trump thread somehow derailed into talking about boar hunting, and this goon made the news for using a drone to do it

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2013/11/07/dehogaflier-drone-being-used-to-hunt-kill-feral-pigs/

Good ol' Bushman.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's a still photo. This is tribute.avi.

Never gets old.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Have we ever had any idiot lottery winners on these forums? The classic "win a few million and broke in 6 months" -types.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Homegrown will get you every time.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

RFC2324 posted:

Kill you are self.

Or at least set yourself on fire.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol GBS was never hard core SJW

LOL

Would you like to take a ride in a time machine back to 2007?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Nuns with Guns posted:

Does anyone else remember the thread that was probably on GBS where they were going through youtube videos with default upload names and found a bunch pedophiles and serial killers documenting their poo poo?

Was that the thread that had the YouTube video with the possible kidnapping victim in a little room under the stairway?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Aesop Poprock posted:

Uhhh is everyone just gonna waltz the f past this

After looking into it, I think I was remembering the "Hi Walter" video which was thought to show a girl bound in a small bathroom who had disappeared in the late 2000s, but I just found out was later proven fake. It may have been that thread or in the PYF Unnerving Article thread.

e: beaten

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Maybe he was trying to suicide by hot dog and someone should have responded with "1-800-273-8255" like all the replies to sadbrains in the D&D election thread. That was something to behold, also.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I don't get this whole SMG is trolling theory. He's always posted that way, I just figured he was a film student that genuinely enjoys applying deep meaning to everything and debating said points with people/sticking with his reading. v :confused: v

Oh, and as recently as last month people were getting upset at his reading of Pacific Rim in the sequel thread so it's not just here.

I've always assumed it was just a love of film and a splash of the 'tism.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

syscall girl posted:

kaiser klurf kerfuffle

Mods, please rename GBS

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

TheKennedys posted:

Self-immolating mods are the best forum sagas, feed me more :circlefap:

Enfield's a mod?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

So is TB a transsexual that people are purposely misgendering? Or just someone that expects goons to know their gender by reading her username on the screen?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Ariong posted:

Who is Gurf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

WrenP-Complete posted:

From my perspective of timeline: I complimented her avatar and then she was immediately banned for something she said in USPol the other day. But it's looking like a 30 day probation on her avatar. And the 30 day probation came after the ban? I don't know what's going on. :ghost:

Holy poo poo....I just went through TBs rap sheet and read most of the pages where she was probed and what a rollercoaster ride. I can't figure out if popping in and starting fights (she really likes condescending remarks about "small words" in particular) is her gimmick or maybe mental illness. Maybe she'll spend her time away from SA and get the help she needs if she's not already on a campus corner screeching small words through a megaphone calling for the death of all men.